Earl Campbell being Earl Campbell

Cairn Horn88

46 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

He was probably being more emphatic about what Earl just did to the DB versus scoring a TD.

Go back and watch old film. Umps were far more enthusiastic about the calls than they are today. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, Underdog said:

What a beautiful, uncluttered up uniform. 

yes! love those stripes .  Nike swoosh, Big 12 logo, political symbols on the helmet. Can we clean this up?  I do like the TEXAS on the front and player name on the back though.

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

yes! love those stripes .  Nike swoosh, Big 12 logo, political symbols on the helmet. Can we clean this up?  I do like the TEXAS on the front and player name on the back though.

Yes, we’d all love that. Then next we can work to have ads removed from YouTube. 

8 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Did you get that Oilers jersey signed too?

No.  He was signing a bunch for my neighbor who had given me an autographed jersey 2-3 months prior.  I just got the call in the middle of the day that Earl was coming over.  I really only expected to get to shake his hand.  Kids got to meet him as well.  Got to talk to him for about half hour.

• 1 month later...
The Legacy of Earl Campbell

Earl Campbell: Yards After Contact is the new biography by Asher Price chronicling the life and impact of Texas football legend Earl Campbell — on and off the field. Price will share highlights from the book, stories about Earl Campbell, and insights from his writing and research process. He'll also talk with two key figures in Earl Campbell's career — Ken Dabbs, the recruiter who brought Campbell to UT, and Alfred Jackson, a former UT receiver who, with Campbell, formed one of UT's most powerful offensive squads. 

Books will be available for purchase thanks to BookPeople, and the author will sign copies after the program. You can pre-order a copy of the book. We ask that you reserve free tickets to the event in advance. This event is presented in partnership with University of Texas Press.

Presented by The Library Foundation.

Meet the Author events provide an opportunity to hear a writer read their work aloud and discuss it with an audience.

7:00 PM
Thursday
September 5, 2019
Central Library
Special Event Center (1st floor)

710 W. César Chávez St.
512-974-7400

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

(Tua isn’t black.)

And Lawrence isn’t either. Swoopes and Heard say hi! 

Maybe you start with a good system, an actual OC, an OL that can block for more than 1.5 seconds, WRs that catch the ball and not the worst defense in school history before you start blaming a white QB for why you can’t win 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

Bohls did Earl no favors in printing that shit

I an so fucking tired of Bohls.  Such a sophomoric ass.  We get his point Kirk. you giant twat.  Today's CFB game lends itself to teams having a dynamic, mobile QB.  The days of the stone-footed, drop back pocket passer with a canon for an arm are fading.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

1.  Some people say things that sound kinda racist and are meant to be really racist. 

2.  Some people say things that sound kinda racist but were in no way meant to be racist

I'm going with number 2 for Earl's comment.

That's pretty patronizing.  I doubt we would be so forgiving if a stumbling drunk Joe Namath said you need a white QB to win the Super Bowl.

He was describing the attributes needed in today's college QBs.  A skill set many initially attributed to dynamic, black QBs.  Obviously he took a less than nuanced approach - but anyone with even a hint of understanding can see his point.  

Mountain.  Mole hill.  Let it go.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He was describing the attributes needed in today's college QBs.  A skill set many initially attributed to dynamic, black QBs.  Obviously he took a less than nuanced approach - but anyone with even a hint of understanding can see his point.  

Mountain.  Mole hill.  Let it go.  

Exactly.  And there is nothing wrong with Earl's point, at all.  He just went about it the wrong way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Yikes. I'll give him a pass because he's Earl Campbell but can you imagine the reaction if someone like Colt McCoy said that Texas needs a white quarterback like Tim Tebow or Trevor Lawrence while we started a black quarterback? Heads would roll

This right here. Holy fuck the cloak room jags would be losing their collective shits but here we are sayings ok and just the delivery is wrong lol.   Fun case study 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

He was describing the attributes needed in today's college QBs.  A skill set many initially attributed to dynamic, black QBs.

I wonder how many of those attributes Joe Burrow, who's torched just about defense he's faced and is the current Heisman favourite, possesses.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...