Do You Remember? 60s-80s

retread

On 4/5/2018 at 1:34 PM, Underdog said:

As an adult, don’t remember ever buying anything from MW. 

On the sports front: 

\1f3f2ccf9aa9d9abc8a3d7edd1e32bf3.jpg

Best uniforms in baseball. 

They also had the pinstripe uniforms. So they had all yellow, all black and all pinstripe. And then the combinations. I remember the morning the Sunday paper came and they had the reveal of the new uniforms. My brother and I spent a lot of time figuring out how many combinations they could use with those fabulous uniforms.

There is a statue of Willie Stargell outside PNC Park now. One of Roberto Clemente and Honus Wagner as well. That Pirates team was fun. Loved me some Dave Parker, The Cobra! He could have been one of the greatest.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

Kind of jealous in a way.  As far as I could tell by what my wife was telling me, DisneyWorld has kept most, if not all, of the rides the same.  They just add new rides.

I'd love to ride The Cave in all its cheesy glory.  Add to that The Spinnaker, The Spindletop, RotoDisco, Flashback, The Parachutes.... wonder if I'm missing any???

34 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

They also had the pinstripe uniforms. So they had all yellow, all black and all pinstripe. And then the combinations. I remember the morning the Sunday paper came and they had the reveal of the new uniforms. My brother and I spent a lot of time figuring out how many combinations they could use with those fabulous uniforms.

There is a statue of Willie Stargell outside PNC Park now. One of Roberto Clemente and Honus Wagner as well. That Pirates team was fun. Loved me some Dave Parker, The Cobra! He could have been one of the greatest.

Pirates fan myself,  the tri-stripes were my favorite, Pops fan till I die.  We’d drive up to Riverfront whenever the Bucs came to town on weekends. 

15 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Kind of jealous in a way.  As far as I could tell by what my wife was telling me, DisneyWorld has kept most, if not all, of the rides the same.  They just add new rides.

I'd love to ride The Cave in all its cheesy glory.  Add to that The Spinnaker, The Spindletop, RotoDisco, Flashback, The Parachutes.... wonder if I'm missing any???

Runaway Mine Train, Log Ride, The Riverboat, Casa Magneta, Skull Island Tree Slide.......  

The first two are still there; although, I'm not sure what's going on with the Log Ride.  There are two flumes.  Last summer, only one was in operation and it was in extremely poor shape.  The water was filthy, and everything around it looked like it was about to fall down.

Early 70's, built ramps in street with cinder blocks and plywood. We use to cut front forks from old bikes and jam them on the front forks of our Huffy's to make "choppers".

One day I went over the ramp and the "chopper" forks came off, jammed the front of the bike into the asphalt and my nuts on the handlebar cross member. All I could do was crawl over to the yard and cry. Fun times indeed!

2 hours ago, Antidean said:

Early 70's, built ramps in street with cinder blocks and plywood. We use to cut front forks from old bikes and jam them on the front forks of our Huffy's to make "choppers".

One day I went over the ramp and the "chopper" forks came off, jammed the front of the bike into the asphalt and my nuts on the handlebar cross member. All I could do was crawl over to the yard and cry. Fun times indeed!

Welcome to the club, brother. Mine was on dirt so the forks stuck extra solid.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Antidean said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Stoogey

On 6/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, Mileslong said:

75b3afcd991f5c513c1ff69c134ae2b8.png

We had Shakeys pizza growing up. I member the player piano and the guy spinning the pizza dough.  Nowadays, when we have a conference call at the office, depending on the seriousness and audience, I will sign on as “Shakeys Pizza”.  csb. 

All those Six Flags attractions were before my time.  I can't believe one of the lines went across barrels in the water. 

I do recall a leaning house attraction at, whatever that place was called, in San Marcos.  Wonderworld?  Had a zoo that you could visit if you road a RR car through a tunnel or something.  I think I was about 8 so I may be way off.

Guest Lobo

I just learned about that place last year.  Apparently you can still access the underground little station.  Is that true?  I'd love to take my daughter down to see that next time we're visting her Austin in Fort Worth.

Anybody remember that Milton Bradley board game (I think it was them) from the early 1980s with baseball cards.  And the cards had different dice combos on the back and whatever you roled, that was the game situation and the board was obviously a diamond based on Milwaukee or Atlanta at the time.  I couldn't find it on google but I remember it existed.  Not sure on the maker, but it was definitely played using this proprietary cards from early 80s'

49 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody remember that Milton Bradley board game (I think it was them) from the early 1980s with baseball cards.  And the cards had different dice combos on the back and whatever you roled, that was the game situation and the board was obviously a diamond based on Milwaukee or Atlanta at the time.  I couldn't find it on google but I remember it existed.  Not sure on the maker, but it was definitely played using this proprietary cards from early 80s'

Strat-O-Matic?

On 6/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Antidean said:

One summer, a family at the end of the cul-de-sac had a load of dirt delivered in the street in front of their house. We built the sweetestt ramp out of it and would see how far we could jump our bikes. I took my metallic purple flake Schwinn with a banana seat off it and my front tire hit the curb, bending the fork under the bike. Parents wouldn't get me a new one until Christmas. Spent six months without a bike. Lesson was still not learned.

• 2 weeks later...