Do You Remember? 60s-80s

retread

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If you were painting them after assembly you were doing it wrong.  Painting parts on the tree was the way...

That's the way my dad showed me to do it when we made the Spitfire/Messerschmitt 1/32 double kit. But soon afterwards I decided to live my own life, my own way.

Edited by RDCanecutter

Going to the "log" in 7th grade to drink whiskey and smoke cigarettes and cheap weed.First day of 9th grade drinking vodka and orange juice for breakfast then smoking a joint on the bus, later at lunch caught smoking a joint in the wrong area and not getting trouble for it just had our $10 dollar lid confiscated

.Trying Acapulco gold for the first we were blown away after having only Mexican dirt weed prior to that

. Going to the Armadillo Word Headquarters sitting in a circle smoking weed and drinking Southern Comfort and hot Pearl.

I do not remember much else as i was obliviously in a fog most of the time.

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

That's the way my dad showed me to do it when we made the Spitfire/Messerschmitt 1/32 double kit. But soon afterwards I decided to live my own life, my own way.

Yer a rebel brah'

Warships, planes, hot rods, Frankenstein, NASA rockets,wolf man, Dracula....

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

My God, they need to bring these back, especially the chocolate chip flavor...

screen-shot-2014-02-19-at-7-12-32-pm.png

sIP0b-1452282895-992-list_items-70ssnack

I think I ate one of those breakfast bars everyday for breakfast during high school.  Wish they still made them. 

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I think they still make these, but they apparently come in some bullshit "all in one" pack.  What's the fucking intrigue in that?

THESE used to come ONLY one way - from vending machines.  It was the height of glorious fun waiting for the machines to refill.  And I do believe the purposely filled more of some teams than others - to my recollection, the KC Chiefs and Steelers where the hardest to get.  You could trade people, but the REAL fucking thrill is to see that gorgeous Chiefs helmet sitting near the top of a recent refill, and timing it so you would be able to get that puppy.  There was no greater feeling as a kid than when that little helmet popped through the slot and you got it.  Better than sex when you're 9.

• Like 2

On March 29, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

If you were painting them after assembly you were doing it wrong.  Painting parts on the tree was the way...

Now you tell me. But I had to get to gluing them together and smelling that sweet glue.

Putting one together with grandson recently. He'll never have glue smell euphoria.

Let's see if I'm doing this correctly.

th?id=OIP.UZVsxqscvfZL7lt8771fNwHaFS&w=2

I guess there was a Pipe Organ Pizza in Houston.  I was only familiar with the one in Richardson.

jpeg&svc.scale=1800,0&svc.rotate=0

Also.  Pistol Pete's Pizza in Richardson.  Always knew when monthly payday was for my parents because this is where we went.

th?id=OIP.qfLvp2eQuIyfy8mNaYGHyAHaFj&w=2

Now you tell me. But I had to get to gluing them together and smelling that sweet glue.
Putting one together with grandson recently. He'll never have glue smell euphoria.
Protip: Heat a needle and make multiple punctures in the fuselage, then paint the tops silver for Super Realistic Bulletholes.

Then blow up plane with firecrackers.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damor said:

Protip: Heat a needle and make multiple punctures in the fuselage, then paint the tops silver for Super Realistic Bulletholes.

Then blow up plane with firecrackers.

Kick ass!!! never thought of doing bullet holes.  I did hang one from a string, lit it on fire and had it crash into a bunch of soldiers covered with lighter fluid :D

On 3/27/2018 at 6:50 AM, Topper13 said:

Same, as well as a few others. Entex made a rad Defender game, too. Do you remember the Donkey Kong Jr one, that looked like a small arcade game? Crazy to think, these were more sought after than Atari or Intellivision. 

I had the Defender game. One of my all time favorite Christmas gifts as a kid.

Arcade_Defender,_Made_by_Entex_Industrie

2 hours ago, Don Keibals said:

Kick ass!!! never thought of doing bullet holes.  I did hang one from a string, lit it on fire and had it crash into a bunch of soldiers covered with lighter fluid :D

We would spend our days burying Black Cats, connected by a single fuse, setting little green army men and tanks and trucks strategically on top of them, and then lighting the fuse and blowing them all up.