Jaxson Hayes

Goo Punch

Appreciate it. Just saw this:

The Atlanta Hawks have acquired the No. 4 pick, Virginia guard De'Andre Hunter, in Thursday's NBA draft from the New Orleans Pelicans for the No. 8 (Texas center Jaxson Hayes), 17 and 35 picks, league sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27019018/hawks-trade-4-get-uva-hunter

The Pelicans are going to be YOUNG!

So Shaka now has more first round draft picks at Texas than he does NCAA tournament appearances (not even wins, just bids) in four seasons?   Just want to make sure i have that cognitive dissonance right.   

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

So Shaka now has more first round draft picks at Texas than he does NCAA tournament appearances (not even wins, just bids) in four seasons?   Just want to make sure i have that cognitive dissonance right.   

When is this guy getting fired?  Barnes got canned when he failed to make the NCAA one time...

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Oh no, it gets better! In the one and done era (since 2007) Duke and Kentucky have the most lottery pick selections. Coming in at 3rd is...

I'm confused, I know the NBA first round is a big wheel-n-deal show.  And I don't care to know any details since I'll be watching my usual 9 minutes of NBA action next year...........but will Jaxson Hayes be playing for New Orleans or Atlanta?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm confused, I know the NBA first round is a big wheel-n-deal show.  And I don't care to know any details since I'll be watching my usual 9 minutes of NBA action next year...........but will Jaxson Hayes be playing for New Orleans or Atlanta?  

New Orleans

There is some risk for the Pelicans in taking this pick but I like taking the high risk high reward approach given the Pelicans' current situation.  If you can imagine a fully realized lineup of say Lonzo, Holiday, BI, Zion, and Jaxson (worry big time about the shooting though) then you potentially have a really scary defensive group.  I think that is five potential elite defensive players all on the floor at the same time.  It will definitely take some time though as I think Jaxson is going to have big adjustment issues early with even little things like fouling too much.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we have a ton of basketball geniuses on here and even though I hate Shaka as well the NBA game is way more wide open and fits what Jaxson does more than college where teams literally clog the lane with old fashion Zone defenses. And when you have no shooters and are trying to force a lob to our bigs it is easy to take what Jaxson does away in college. He has a crazy bright future though in the NBA. But I agree fuck shaka and I hope he gets fired this year.

• Like 2