Narcos: Mexico

thepop

Thankfully.  Not because they're hard to watch, but because torture scenes are always so overdone and boring.  

Agree with others that this might be the best season yet. Simply amazing.  

I was glad to see those two American writers get whacked.  They acted weird and I don't know anyone who acts like them and they were fucking annoying.  

Rafa's girl Sophie had a young Lorraine Bracco vibe.  So fucking hot.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, HoustonFrog said:

Parts of this season were hard to watch and typically violence doesn’t bother me too much. The restaurant scene and Kiki “interrogation” especially.

Great season tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to BestGore.com and do a search under "Mexican Cartels".

Narcos is like the Disney Channel compared to what really happens.

• 2 months later...

I have always found the corruption in Mexico so confusing.  Federal Police, State Police, Army, DFS.  This was no exception and cut into my enjoyment a little bit, both as to keeping things straight, and making me really depressed about Mexico and the drug war.

The Don Winslow books.Power of the Dog and The Cartel, are thinly fictionalized stories of the Mexican cartels.  Great reads if you're into it.

By most accounts, Gallardo and Arrellano were initially just corrupt businessmen.  As alluded to by Escobar, the introduction of cocaine upped the stakes and the violence (initially borrowed from the Colombians) and then, after the dissolution of the first plaza cartel, things got unstable and the Zetas arose in the Gulf Cartel and the wheels came completely off.

Edited by TwiceHorn

• 9 months later...

Just finished S2. Really is a great show...I also didn’t realize Netflix drops whole seasons at a time...I binged the final episodes of S1 earlier this week while traveling to meetings and thought I would only see one episode Thursday. When I saw it was the whole series...TV went off at 4am this morning.

Some good shit. In multiple ways.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, CooterBrown said:

Do I need to finish the original Narcos before starting the Mexico series?

I started with Mexico and loved it and didn't feel like I missed anything.  I went back and started watching the original, but it didn't hold my interest as well.  Haven't finished season 2 of the original yet.  Started Mexico season 2 earlier tonight and love it.  Only seen 2 episodes thus far.

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

The cold open to episode six with those 2 boys playing army.  Holy shit, that's a little disturbing.

Had to google it, true story. 12 yo Maid. The Salinas family had no idea her last name or where she was from. High quality people 

https://frankreport.com/2018/02/04/murderous-carlos-salinas-reportedly-killed-his-first-victim-when-he-was-four/

carlos Salinas and his family were a special kind of garbage. They would make an interesting Netflix series 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 2

The scene on the bridge got me. 
Got me good.
Holy shit.

And the true story is actually SO MUCH WORSE.

He (Clavel, Miguel Angel’s driver in the series) earned his trust to the point of becoming his partner in some risky and illegal but lucrative venture, then he used his seduction skills to marry a sister of Palma and the final phase was to become his wife’s lover, Guadalupe Leija of Palma, to convince her to take two million pesos from her accounts, to escape with him to San Francisco, California, where once they stayed at a hotel he proceeded to cut her throat.

Fifteen days later he took Héctor Jesús and Nataly, sons of Héctor and Guadalupe to San Cristóbal, Venezuela, where he proceeded to throw them from the bridge of La Concordia, taking the precaution of taking a video of the terrifying event to send it to Palma. It should be noted that Rafael Clavel also sent Guadalupe’s head properly preserved in a cooler.

episode 2 in Matamoras - who knew? - mountains, clear mountain streams, clean streets.  Its been so many years since e went across during spring break...time to go back I guess :)

I really liked the Don Guerra character,and the fact he had the Brownsville Police at his party. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Mez2 said:

If there was ever a latina built for sport fucking it would be Teresa Ruiz. 

I'm only on ep 4 but her walking through the club...holy shit

I dated a Colombian  in college that looked exactly like her. My heart skipped every time she was on the screen because i thought I was about to get stabbed.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:46 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I have always found the corruption in Mexico so confusing.  Federal Police, State Police, Army, DFS.  This was no exception and cut into my enjoyment a little bit, both as to keeping things straight, and making me really depressed about Mexico and the drug war.

The Don Winslow books.Power of the Dog and The Cartel, are thinly fictionalized stories of the Mexican cartels.  Great reads if you're into it.

By most accounts, Gallardo and Arrellano were initially just corrupt businessmen.  As alluded to by Escobar, the introduction of cocaine upped the stakes and the violence (initially borrowed from the Colombians) and then, after the dissolution of the first plaza cartel, things got unstable and the Zetas arose in the Gulf Cartel and the wheels came completely off.

I've been reading up on the actual history after watching season 2.  Not sure I've ever been more convinced that we just need to legalize everything.  Put these psychopathic murderers out of business the way we did the bootleggers.

• Like 2