Austin City Limits Music Festival 2019

South Austin

Who knows these days with the temperature swings in early October. 

The good thing about the OU game at 11am is that you can watch it in the beer tent when you arrive at the Festival and still have a good chunk of the day to catch a lot of the acts.  If the West Virginia game is mid-afternoon or night it would likely get in the way of more bands I want to see. 

Radiohead has already been booked, dropped out, and booked again.  

Elton John's farewell tour is wide open during the second weekend of October.  Just sayin' C3...he's in Canada right before and right after but could certainly come down and play Weekend2.  

I mean, tell me I'm crazy.  There's a 17-day gap in his tour after he plays two shows in Manitoba.  I realize he'll be 72 at that point and certainly needing some rest, but c'mon...who the fuck unwinds in Winnipeg in October?  They gotta get him.  He's one of the last few acts of his era on my bucket list.  Basically him at (what's left of) The Who and that's it for me---I'm all caught up on rock n' roll.  C'mon Elton!  You're playing every other corner of Texas, why not the best part?  

Serious question though-does he like outdoor festivals?  His show, as it is these days, is certainly more geared for large theaters.  

• 6 months later...