BJ Foster, destructive back

Machinator

Foster obviously has maturity and anger issues he needs to deal with.  I can definitely see him punching another player on the field at some point (hopefully Rattler).

Eagles wasn't focused, had Sam mad at him, got benched in favor of transfers and Kai Fake Name Money, and could have easily checked out, but he got more opportunities and made the most of them.  That's what we need more of.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah he’ll be back on the team in no time. Herman already let a drug dealer on the team (Leiteo), a guy that seemed ready to literally murder someone back on the team (Moore), another guy that quit during a game and allegedly punched somebody back on the team (Mitchell) and another couple guys that apparently quit during the off-season back on the team (Eagles & Cook). He had very little grounds for keeping Foster off at this point. Hope he can get back to the right place mentally and contribute soon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

As said above, glad they got Eagles involved. Afraid he’s another guy who could get a bad attitude if he further down the depth chart than he feels he deserves to be.

Hopefully coaches sit down with Foster and lets him know where he stands and what he needs to do to get back on the field.

Lot’s of details we don't know. Being at today's workout seems to point to the possibility that he was making a scene of the sideline and was sent to the locker room for the rest of the game. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Nah it was obviously early onset CTE and nothing this logical
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah he’ll be back on the team in no time. Herman already let a drug dealer on the team (Leiteo), a guy that seemed ready to literally murder someone back on the team (Moore), another guy that quit during a game and allegedly punched somebody back on the team (Mitchell) and another couple guys that apparently quit during the off-season back on the team (Eagles & Cook). He had very little grounds for keeping Foster off at this point. Hope he can get back to the right place mentally and contribute soon.

About time we get on an equal playing field with OSU, Bama, LSU etc.  Cant win big with choir boys. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

seems like a bug that’s going around with athletes his age. Not making excuses, just seems to be a strata that was more down low in my day.

Right or wrong, we’ve spent the last 6 months letting the playerS hold the program hostage and make any demands about anything for any reason they deemed valid. No surprise that some of the inmates really do think they run the asylum. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 11

37 minutes ago, RedDirtTexan said:

He made the decision to quit, so he should have to live with the consequences of that decision. Whatever those may be. That’s life and hopefully he learns something from this. 

This is the type of knee-jerk reaction we’re all used to seeing. I bet you’re a great parent.

41 minutes ago, RedDirtTexan said:

He made the decision to quit, so he should have to live with the consequences of that decision. Whatever those may be. That’s life and hopefully he learns something from this. 

I'm glad I don't have to forever live with the consequences of all of the stupid bullshit I said and did when I was 21. Fortunately I had some people around me to tell me to be quiet and take a time out, and then welcome me back when I had some time to reflect and change. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I'm glad I don't have to forever live with the consequences of all of the stupid bullshit I said and did when I was 21. Fortunately I had some people around me to tell me to be quiet and take a time out, and then welcome me back when I had some time to reflect and change. 

Even worse if you had to live with consequences of what you allegedly did...

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He probably would have started next year at safety anyway assuming Brown leaves, although frankly my hope would be that Tyler Owens develops.   He’s apparently further off than I hoped when he was recruited, but he has a higher upside than Foster if he puts it all together.   Alford and Bowman lurking also eases the blow next year.

Is Tyler Owens best suited to play safety??  His build seems like he might need to be playing closer to the line of scrimmage...

Edited by LTtxfan

12 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

This is the type of knee-jerk reaction we’re all used to seeing. I bet you’re a great parent.

Watch yourself, PLH. Don’t get personal about this. My kids, one of whom is severely autistic, would say I’m a great dad, but one who makes mistakes. Like everyone else. 

You went too far, brother.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Nah it was obviously early onset CTE and nothing this logical

I totally agree.  I made some dumbass decisions in my early twenties and I have no doubt it was because of CTE.  Mind you I only played Jr High football but those stupid actions can only be caused by CTE.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

Even worse if you had to live with consequences of what you allegedly did...

Like every dumbass in their early twenties I popped off, saying a bunch of dumb shit to anyone close enough to hear. I never committed a crime or hurt anyone, just thought I was so much smarter and misunderstood than everyone else -- even though they had probably gone through more shit in their lives than I'll ever know. I'm glad there were people around who could see past my words and see what was causing it, and what I needed. Same thing we do with our kids when we parent, and hopefully the same thing that these coaches do with our players when they need guidance. I personally think that some of the guys who broke the law shouldn't be back on the team -- that's a different level. But getting angry and running your mouth off, throwing a hissy fit, etc...it doesn't equate to a permaban to me. I also think this should be a one-time only opportunity. 

Epilogue to this scene, after Lee Cobb (a real asshole in the film, btw) threatens to kill another juror -- they let him cool off and then talked it out later. What a concept.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Watch yourself, PLH. Don’t get personal about this. My kids, one of whom is severely autistic, would say I’m a great dad, but one who makes mistakes. Like everyone else. 

We’ll, for fuck’s sake don’t quit the board because his generic comment hurt your feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Then you can understand that kids make mistakes and shouldn’t have their lives altered based on an emotional decision.

Definitely didn’t mean to get personal with it. I’m sure you’re a great dad.

• Like 1