BJ Foster, destructive back

Machinator

4 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Give his scholarship money to who? (Abbott & Costello)

Who? - Did you steal my Money?

2 hours ago, El Squared said:

Quitting in the middle of a game, who does he think he is ....Charlie Strong?

RBB-Texas-Vs-Arkansas-1.jpg

1 hour ago, RedDirtTexan said:

He made the decision to quit, so he should have to live with the consequences of that decision. Whatever those may be. That’s life and hopefully he learns something from this. 

5lytn.jpg

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Watch yourself, PLH. Don’t get personal about this. My kids, one of whom is severely autistic, would say I’m a great dad, but one who makes mistakes. Like everyone else. 

You went too far, brother.  

Maybe you need a better education on the history and culture of this site. On a scale of 1-10, that was a 1. Just so you understand the scale a 5 is mentioning having sex with your mom. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

As you know, there have been reports regarding BJ Foster quitting the team and leaving yesterday’s game during the game.

I spoke with sources. Am told that he did indeed leave the game out of frustration.

But, I am told that he has already apologized to coach Ash. He is set to meet with the whole staff and it sounds like he is repentant for the decision and will express that to the coaches.

I know in the football world walking away from your team is seen as the unforgivable sin. And, I get that. But I do believe that when you consider the staff changes, the external pressures on the kids through Covid and social unrest and the fact the Foster went from being a star defensive player to a back up, it would be wise to consider this situation more carefully.

I do believe that if he does express his remorse (again, I’m told he has and will in a more formal meeting) the coaches will make path for him to redeem himself. And, I personally would agree with that position

I agree.  During normal times, maybe a different approach such as an indefinite suspension or a simple statement to him that he’s turned in his uniform for the last time.  

I get what many of these kids are going through right now is giant turd sandwich.  It doesn’t matter if you are five star athlete or just the average recent high school graduate.  During normal times, its a scary new world for them and it takes  awhile for some to figure out what the heck they are going to do.  Most of us on here were in the same boat.    With the current state of things, you compound that several times. I have a son who will be graduating in the fall and I can tell it weighs on him whereas nine months ago, he was ready to go kick some ass in the corporate world.   Now he’s like WTH?  

16 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

As you know, there have been reports regarding BJ Foster quitting the team and leaving yesterday’s game during the game.

I spoke with sources. Am told that he did indeed leave the game out of frustration.

But, I am told that he has already apologized to coach Ash. He is set to meet with the whole staff and it sounds like he is repentant for the decision and will express that to the coaches.

I know in the football world walking away from your team is seen as the unforgivable sin. And, I get that. But I do believe that when you consider the staff changes, the external pressures on the kids through Covid and social unrest and the fact the Foster went from being a star defensive player to a back up, it would be wise to consider this situation more carefully.

I do believe that if he does express his remorse (again, I’m told he has and will in a more formal meeting) the coaches will make path for him to redeem himself. And, I personally would agree with that position

Thanks for TFB info nycHorn !!!

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Watch yourself, PLH. Don’t get personal about this. My kids, one of whom is severely autistic, would say I’m a great dad, but one who makes mistakes. Like everyone else. 

Don't say stupid shit and people won't make assumptions on your stupidity

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Right or wrong, we’ve spent the last 6 months letting the playerS hold the program hostage and make any demands about anything for any reason they deemed valid. No surprise that some of the inmates really do think they run the asylum. 

Hey Cletus, your white hood is showing

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, Wanker Bob said:

Hey Cletus, your white hood is showing

Not very intelligent are you? I didn’t say everything (or even most things) they protested were bad. In fact, I didn’t speak against anything at all. But they were given much more latitude than they probably should have been, and not all their opinions were particularly informed.

To be effective as a team, players have to have a common goal. One guy getting his feelings hurt about playing time doesn’t indicate he’s into “the good of the team.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Right or wrong, we’ve spent the last 6 months letting the playerS hold the program hostage and make any demands about anything for any reason they deemed valid. No surprise that some of the inmates really do think they run the asylum. 

Tex Pete, I love you man, but this is a shit take.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
9 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Quit being a pussy.

oktc-dbap.jpg