BJ Foster, destructive back

Machinator

If I am coach Herman, I work with my staff to determine a minimum suspension length for BJ, and then take it to the captains to work with the team to determine if the suspension should be longer and what else he needs to do to earn his way back in. What he did effected his teammates and everyone needs to understand that they are accountable for holding him accountable. If everything goes well, everyone learns a good lesson and we all move on with life.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

If I am coach Herman, I work with my staff to determine a minimum suspension length for BJ, and then take it to the captains to work with the team to determine if the suspension should be longer and what else he needs to do to earn his way back in. What he did effected his teammates and everyone needs to understand that they are accountable for holding him accountable. If everything goes well, everyone learns a good lesson and we all move on with life.

From Grammerly: "Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change. Watch out! There are certain situations and fixed phrases that break the general usage rules for these words.

Now that the basics are out of the way, the time has come to learn the intricacies of how to use affect and effect effectively. Or is it affectively? If you’re lucky, it may well be a little bit of both. (For the curious, effective would mean successful in this context. And when it comes to grammar, success is the goal.)"

Surly-Please.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is my initial view as well.  I think Herman could easily make the case with other coaches that "I can't take him back and look my other guys in the eye, but maybe with a change of scenery he'll flourish".  Kids do dumb things all the time, but I see this one as incompatible with wearing the burnt orange.

Yep.  He needs to learn from this somewhere else.

BJ unilaterally quit on his coaches in a moment of anger. For the coaches to react by unilaterally quitting on BJ by throwing him off the team in a moment of anger over what he did probably isn't the right way to respond. BJ is an emotional young man who appears to have a lot of growing up to do. The coaches, a group of grown men tasked with helping BJ grow up, need to be better.

They should talk to BJ, talk to his family (as I understand he has a good one), talk to the leadership council, and talk to his other teammates. If they decide that it'd be best for BJ and best for the team for BJ to leave the program, then they should help him on his way out. But if they decide that there's a path for BJ to earn back the copious amount of trust he lost this weekend, and he's committed to following that path while accepting the consequences for what he did, then I don't see what's to be gained by kicking him off the team.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

From Grammerly: "Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change. Watch out! There are certain situations and fixed phrases that break the general usage rules for these words.

Now that the basics are out of the way, the time has come to learn the intricacies of how to use affect and effect effectively. Or is it affectively? If you’re lucky, it may well be a little bit of both. (For the curious, effective would mean successful in this context. And when it comes to grammar, success is the goal.)"

Surly-Please.jpg

She is asking for a spanking... a slow, deliberate, interval of discipline. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

BJ unilaterally quit on his coaches in a moment of anger. For the coaches to react by unilaterally quitting on BJ by throwing him off the team in a moment of anger over what he did probably isn't the right way to respond. BJ is an emotional young man who appears to have a lot of growing up to do. The coaches, a group of grown men tasked with helping BJ grow up, need to be better.

They should talk to BJ, talk to his family (as I understand he has a good one), talk to the leadership council, and talk to his other teammates. If they decide that it'd be best for BJ and best for the team for BJ to leave the program, then they should help him on his way out. But if they decide that there's a path for BJ to earn back the copious amount of trust he lost this weekend, and he's committed to following that path while accepting the consequences for what he did, then I don't see what's to be gained by kicking him off the team.

This is an intelligent and well thought out post. Are you sure you are in the right place?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Wtf happened to BJ.?He wasnt suspended for quitting I know but Im talking about his aggressiveness and tackling. He was my fav def player.

He hurt? Looks like hes playing grab ass out there. Hes just disappeared after those shoulder injuries last year. Yesterday looked like ou last year. Fuck

I think he flourishes when they let him loose and he can throw his body around.  Ash doesn’t want that and wants them to tackle around the waist when he’s used to launching himself.  I think he’s adjusting to this new scheme.  He really needs to switch to LB.  He plays his best when he’s close to the ball.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

he’s not good.  he won’t be good the rest of his time here.  he won’t get drafted.  he won’t be on any practice squads.  he’s a bust. 

Lead the team in tackles yesterday. Chill it with the bust talk. 

I know that's like being the tallest midget, but he still gets the tallest midget title as a non starter rotated in player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Lead the team in tackles yesterday. Chill it with the bust talk. 

he came here as a five star recruit and now he’s a backup who quit the team in the middle of a game.  he’s the definition of a bust.  it’s nice that he still sees the field a little bit and shows up in the stat sheet though. 

Foster may have been a big part in the play of the game by being the last of the 3 guys to whiff on sirrrrorderack(or whatever his knights of the round table name is).  any one of them makes the tackle the comeback probably never happens.

that said, my guess is Foster knows he can't play LBer in the NFL at his size so he is seeing his dream disappear before his eyes because he is a backup DB on a poor Texas unit.  he lashed out. glad he is out there because we will probably need him in a game or 2 and he has made plays in the past.