BJ Foster, destructive back

Machinator

11 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

What the fuck was that flag for? He didn’t touch anyone.

he was clearly shoved by a KU player as he was just standing there, hard enough that he fell. and seemed to just lay there for a second. that was a fucked up call. and nobody seemed to care.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I’m sure he’s not too happy about losing playing time.  Stupid move on his part.  Not like you can go anywhere else to play right now.  With this basically being a free year for every player and Brown most likely getting an NFL opportunity, he had 2 years to start here.  

Edited by victory88

Foster should’ve been playing LB this year, but showed up to camp at 195 so that was off the table but then also wasn’t our two best safeties so now, he responds to that by quitting. Nice. He always seemed like a good guy off the field so this is pretty surprising and sucks to hear. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure plenty of teams will be lining up to get a transfer who quit on his team in the 3rd quarter of the first game of the season. 

He will because he was a 5 star. I can think of one pregnant coach in our conference who’d love to have him. 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, Tex-19 said:

BJ was one of the most confusing parts of the game to me. He straight up didn't even try to tackle multiple downfield carriers where he was right next to them. He's either hurt or just quit on the team

You called it 11 months ago.  You some kind of fortune teller?

1 minute ago, UhhhIdk said:

Every recruiting cycle we hear how Herman is recruiting high character team guys, seems like we have plenty of divas always on the edge of transferring or leaving the team. Doesn’t add up

You're right. This is Herman's fault. We should fire Tom so we can keep BJ from leaving the team. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UhhhIdk said:

Every recruiting cycle we hear how Herman is recruiting high character team guys, seems like we have plenty of divas always on the edge of transferring or leaving the team. Doesn’t add up

You're right. We're the only team in FBS to have players quit on their team or look to transfer. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

seems like a bug that’s going around with athletes his age. Not making excuses, just seems to be a strata that was more down low in my day.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

You know, a guy like Josh Moore did something very stupid. He learned from it, worked hard on the scout team and came back to earn a starting spot.  If Foster decides he wants to play for Texas again, I would present him with this option if I were Herman.  

Yeah, maybe I'm partial to Longhorns but it sounds like the guy needs help. The kind of help that moves the rest of his life in the right direction. This University, his coaches, his teammates are that resource if he should so chose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

There's a high correlation between talent and ego. Are you really surprised that teenagers that are treated like demi-gods in THSFB have a hard time adjusting to the demands and selflessness required in D1 CFB?

• Like 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

People should just put satya on ignore at this point. 

No chance. He’s one of the funniest posters on this entire site. He’s about as myopic as one can get. He declared the Texas brand dead in 2017 and said we’d basically never recruit well again only for us to sign the #3 class in the country the next year.
 The guy rivals Fat Ketch with the accuracy of his analysis, so you just never take him seriously and get a good laugh in when he posts shit like this. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

No chance. He’s one of the funniest posters on this entire site. He’s about as myopic as one can get. He declared the Texas brand dead in 2017 and said we’d basically never recruit well again only for us to sign the #3 class in the country the next year.
 The guy rivals Fat Ketch with the accuracy of his analysis, so you just never take him seriously and get a good laugh in when he posts shit like this. 

He’s basically the recruiting version of greenspoint
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It has to be a troll at this point. 

For starters, my guess is Foster ends up returning because it's not like he can transfer anywhere right now. Not to mention he's calling a guy that couldn't even get on the field last night a "huge loss". I think Foster has a ton of potential as a box safety/LB type but he has to ya know actually want to play there.