BJ Foster, destructive back

Machinator

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

You know, a guy like Josh Moore did something very stupid. He learned from it, worked hard on the scout team and came back to earn a starting spot.  If Foster decides he wants to play for Texas again, I would present him with this option if I were Herman.  

There's a huge difference between doing something stupid off the field a la Romance Taylor and quitting on the team during a fucking game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

No tweets from mama the last couple days.

Will temper my reaction until we hear from her...

Hopefully she’s too busy chewing his ass out and telling him to go beg Herman for a second chance. I obviously don’t know her, but from what I’ve seen on Twitter, I don’t think she’s gonna take BJ’s side on this one kind of like how Momma Vaughn’s called her son out after he got in trouble during bowl week last year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm of the train of thought that you can't have a guy that will up and quit like that during a game, but I also think the team should have input on this one. If they want him to stay then he has to start from rock bottom. Maybe if he is chastised by his peers then the message will go through more than if it were just Herman. 

Edited by FOXHOUND
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

You can’t take a player back who quits in the middle of a game. Herman needs to sit him down and discuss his actions as to why he will not be able to return to the team and wish him all the best at his next stop.

This is my initial view as well.  I think Herman could easily make the case with other coaches that "I can't take him back and look my other guys in the eye, but maybe with a change of scenery he'll flourish".  Kids do dumb things all the time, but I see this one as incompatible with wearing the burnt orange.

I'd be fine with sticking his ass on special teams until he shows enough effort and commitment to warrant getting snaps on the 2 deep. 

"You want to come back? Fine. You aren't playing on defense until we think you're ready. You fuck up, break any team rule, give us any reason to doubt you, you're out the door."

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

I'm of the train of thought that you can't have a guy that will up and quit like that during a game, but I also think the team should have input on this one. If they want him to stay then he has to start from rock bottom. Maybe if he is chastised by his peers then the message will go through more than if it were just Herman. 

I agree with this sentiment. I don't know enough about him and his relationship with the team, but they do. They're in a better position to judge.

The ballyhoo over high ranked recruits can't be a good thing for the young men. Wined, dined, laid, and courted, these guys can't help but get caught up in it. Then many of them put together an absurd video announcing their choice and thanking people like they've won the Oscar and are at the peak of their careers. From here, surely it's just an easy path through college to the NFL! I'm already rich!

I don't know what the case is here, but he is a young man who hasn't hurt anyone except maybe himself. If he's poison, he's helped the team by leaving and they can spit him out. If he's just confused and emotionally overwrought, it would be nice to see him set on the good path again, maybe play on the field if he earns it, and get a college degree.

Good luck to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Jammer and Diggs will straighten him out soon enough. Cook is one of his boys and he quit and came back too. He's just an emotional guy.

Cook didn’t quit in the middle of a game. 

I agree with others to let his teammates decide, but what he did is much worse than  what Cook did.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There's a huge difference between doing something stupid off the field a la Romance Taylor and quitting on the team during a fucking game.

If Herman will allow a guy to stay on the team that pulled up to a place with a loaded weapon with some stupid intentions, I think he’ll probably be okay letting a guy earn his way back who made an immature decision.  Like people have said, I would let the team have a say and if he wants back and his teammates want him back, let him work hard on the scout team for a year and earn his way back.  No need to ruin a kids future over an emotional decision if he sees his mistake.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If Herman will allow a guy to stay on the team that pulled up to a place with a loaded weapon with some stupid intentions, I think he’ll probably be okay letting a guy earn his way back who made an immature decision.  

That's because Moore is a stud and we saw that last night. 

Foster has a lot less value unless he wants to play LB. 

59 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

You can’t take a player back who quits in the middle of a game. Herman needs to sit him down and discuss his actions as to why he will not be able to return to the team and wish him all the best at his next stop.

Not sure I would make this kind of snap judgement just yet.  Maybe BJ needs to spend some time with Kevin Washington -- seems like a cry for help to me...

In my Bobby Burton tone:  "I've been told he's a good kid -- but highly emotional" .

Edited by LTtxfan

I think it’s been said. No matter how good you are this is a team sport. It’s obvious this team has gelled into family and when you quit in your family like a 3 year old kid who doesn’t get the ball that says enough about what you think of your family.  Good luck at juco   Could have been and may still make it to the league 

Edited by Sgt Hulk