Lebowski turns 20: a 30-minute interview with Goodman, Bridges and Buscemi

Hornius Emeritus

The theory that Donny doesn't really even exist except in Walter's mind is so crazy that it makes sense.  The Dude never interacts with Donny at all except that one time when he says "shut the fuck up, Donny"  when Donny tells him that his phone is ringing and, as Jeff Bridges says, that could very well be a move to humor Walter, to be sarcastic to Walter,  or just frustration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The theory that Donny doesn't really even exist except in Walter's mind is so crazy that it makes sense.  The Dude never interacts with Donny at all except that one time when he says "shut the fuck up, Donny"  when Donny tells him that his phone is ringing and, as Jeff Bridges says, that could very well be a move to humor Walter, to be sarcastic to Walter,  or just frustration.

I like the theory, but there's a lot of holes.  The Dude acknowledges Donny several times aside from the "phone's ringing Dude" scene: in the parking lot when they are fighting the nihilists ("they shot Donny?"), when he presumably calls the paramedics after that, during the mortuary scene, and also the scattering of the ashes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sleep off ugly said:

Watched the interview, there’s a dude religion? I’m converting 

http://dudeism.com

I was ordained as a dudeist priest on 9/9/14. 

After watching that excellent interview I'm convinced more than ever that Jeff Bridges didn't do much acting while filming the Big Lebowski. He's 95% The Dude in his daily life.

15 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

http://dudeism.com

I was ordained as a dudeist priest on 9/9/14. 

After watching that excellent interview I'm convinced more than ever that Jeff Bridges didn't do much acting while filming the Big Lebowski. He's 95% The Dude in his daily life.

The wardrobe for The Dude came from Jeff Bridges' closet.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Buscemi is still just a weird looking dude.

Yup, but man that guy is a hero.  Was in NYFD for four years among his first jobs, then went back in 2001 to help out his old station, searching for some 36 hours with little breaks for survivors, refusing interviews or pictures the whole time.

One of the best human beings in the acting business.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Yup, but man that guy is a hero.  Was in NYFD for four years among his first jobs, then went back in 2001 to help out his old station, searching for some 36 hours with little breaks for survivors, refusing interviews or pictures the whole time.

Damn straight. 

20 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about Donny here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Donny, in New York. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, phdhorn said:

I bet he tips well.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Holy crap ... the Feb. 3 thing IS a Super Bowl commercial, for Stella Artois.  And if features the Dude and Sarah Jessica Parker in her Carrie Bradshaw/Sex in the City persona.  This is horrible. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-lists/super-bowl-53-leaked-commercials-787619/

I’m just shocked you actually thought they were doing a sequel.  

• 4 years later...