Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

2 hours ago, Grandioso said:

Unpopular take: the more I read about soros, especially what he’s done in Europe, the more I admire the guy.

My take on Soros is he was a shrewd capitalist that exploited markets to the detriment of many but he sponsors a lot of pro-democracy activism around the world.  He’s a guy that might not have a problem paying a wealth tax, especially if it’s going towards progressive goals like education and healthcare. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

42 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

RIghtwing.   CANCEL CULTURE IS RUINING AMERICA!!

Chick-Fil-A donates money to SPLC.

CANCEL CHICK-FIL-A   

The hypocrisy is so so predictable.  

Well I wasn't gonna go to chick fill a today but now I kinda want to 

This one will do.

"We all let him know how we felt about him putting refugee immigrant kids in cages – certainly not what we were taught by the Jesuits at Gonzaga,” O’Malley texted.

In another text, he called Cuccinelli “the son of immigrant grandparents who cages children for a fascist president.”

• Like 2

People like Kirk are pushing this agenda so hard, and I'm watching people around me buy into the Christian persecution fear, which I find alarming. Considering that in the last year, I observed a local middle school tweet several photos and tweets from 'See You At The Pole' on their official account, the Gideons hand out bibles on the sidewalks in front of the school entrances across the district (when one parent objected, the outrage was directed at that parent, not the Gideons), and every fall football game had a group of kneeling students surrounded by a circle of coaches post game. The school with the lowest percentage of underserved populations cannot find a teacher to sponsor their gay/lesbian student association because of their religious beliefs apparently being in conflict with such a task. I see a lot of Christian ritual and public behaviors, but little of Jesus' behavior toward others.

People like Kirk are pushing this agenda so hard, and I'm watching people around me buy into the Christian persecution fear, which I find alarming. Considering that in the last year, I observed a local middle school tweet several photos and tweets from 'See You At The Pole' on their official account, the Gideons hand out bibles on the sidewalks in front of the school entrances across the district (when one parent objected, the outrage was directed at that parent, not the Gideons), and every fall football game had a group of kneeling students surrounded by a circle of coaches post game. The school with the lowest percentage of underserved populations cannot find a teacher to sponsor their gay/lesbian student association because of their religious beliefs apparently being in conflict with such a task. I see a lot of Christian ritual and public behaviors, but little of Jesus' behavior toward others.

Welcome to Christian America.

14 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Welcome to Christian America.

It's not as if I was completely unaware. Moving back south was certainly a wakeup call to the prevalence of in your face evangelical grillings regarding where one stands on the 'freedom to associate with heathens meter' that is apparently in certain believer's heads. I prefer to keep my beliefs private and that caused problems for my children as well since their classmates have parents who don't want their children to play with others who do not share their beliefs. Meaning that I had a run-in with a parent since my oldest was friends with children who were Buddhist, Muslim, etc. Actually, I'm not sure what some of their faiths were, because I consider it rude to ask. But boy, this mom sure didn't have a problem with badgering "people who are not like us,' and when she knocked on our door, she was asking me to pick sides in some sort of religious war of which I had no knowledge and was trying to be neutral. It didn't go well. Guess I would make a lousy ambassador. Fast forward a few years, and the family withdrew their children from public school and homeschooled.

It's not as if I was completely unaware. Moving back south was certainly a wakeup call to the prevalence of in your face evangelical grillings regarding where one stands on the 'freedom to associate with heathens meter' that is apparently in certain believer's heads. I prefer to keep my beliefs private and that caused problems for my children as well since their classmates have parents who don't want their children to play with others who do not share their beliefs. Meaning that I had a run-in with a parent since my oldest was friends with children who were Buddhist, Muslim, etc. Actually, I'm not sure what some of their faiths were, because I consider it rude to ask. But boy, this mom sure didn't have a problem with badgering "people who are not like us,' and when she knocked on our door, she was asking me to pick sides in some sort of religious war of which I had no knowledge and was trying to be neutral. It didn't go well. Guess I would make a lousy ambassador. Fast forward a few years, and the family withdrew their children from public school and homeschooled.

More future Christian jihadists! They’re probably my cousins.

Sigh.

29 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They’re going to find out if Jesus had a Spanish surname.

Well, it's Christ.  From the Latin "Christus" meaning "The Anointed One."  And we all know where "Latin" America is, beyond the Wall.  So yes, Jesus was/is an immigrant looking to come into the United States.  

It would almost be worth it to me to have to witness the end of the world just to see the look on Trump Voters/Hardcore Christians faces when Jesus re-appears somewhere on our planet, not called the United States, and then can't get into our country because of our racist immigration policies.  Since he wasn't White, he may not exactly feel welcomed here.  

For realz though---what was Mary & Joseph's last name?  

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

*Smith. Mormon out front should have told you.

*j/k, I have no idea. And yes, I am familiar with who Joseph Smith was.

Actually, you are correct.  It was Smith.  But Jesus' 12 pledge brothers, aka his disciples, eventually landed on the nickname "Smitty."  The Alumni newsletter still claims they have no idea how this "Christ" thing caught on.  Could be the work of the Eta Rho Epsilon frat.  fucking Greeks with their mistranslations.  

8 hours ago, HenryJames said:

They’re going to find out if Jesus had a Spanish surname.

He was a carpenter....he was brown, and he didn't speak English.  But he was also Jewish.

They might invite him into their country club, but they are going to be gritting their teeth when they do it.  Unless they have somebody around who knows Aramaic, they aren't going to realize it when he told them to fuck off.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

For realz though---what was Mary & Joseph's last name?  

Didn't have one, at least not that we would recognize.  He might have commonly been known as Joseph the Carpenter, and more formerly Joseph son of Jacob.

Jesus was known as Jesus, son of Joseph from Nazareth (in the Bible), or "that fucking Jew" in long-since-lost letters written by Pontias Pilate.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the link. Fascinating article. I especially enjoyed reading about the expert engineer who helped the author track down the creator of the website. That is cool stuff there.

The quote below from the article is chilling:

You're talking about the future of this (fake-news business) which looks more insidious because it's more real?

That's the way that it's going to be. Not just from where I am. I mean, this is probably going to be my last run in the fake-news biz, but I can promise you that it's not going to go away. It's even going to grow bigger and it's going to be harder to identify as it kind of evolves through these steps. ...

16 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Dang, should I be watching Chris Cuomo?  I tend to stay on the side of all cable news/political shows suck, but I like the cut of his jib here. 

He's not insulting, not calling names or hostile, but refuses to let conspiracy bullshit and lies get past him and to his audience without calling them out for what they are.  

Thank you for posting the link. Fascinating article. I especially enjoyed reading about the expert engineer who helped the author track down the creator of the website. That is cool stuff there.
The quote below from the article is chilling:

You're talking about the future of this (fake-news business) which looks more insidious because it's more real?
That's the way that it's going to be. Not just from where I am. I mean, this is probably going to be my last run in the fake-news biz, but I can promise you that it's not going to go away. It's even going to grow bigger and it's going to be harder to identify as it kind of evolves through these steps. ...

I’m not as worried as maybe I should be. I think our generations (over 20 and under 65) will be aware of this for the most part until the day we lose our minds. I’m extremely selective of where I get my news and it’s from a myriad of sources and all well known brands. I’m suspect of any fly by night sites and I think brands are going to be more and more important. No one (with any credibility) is claiming the economist, NPR, BBC, the NYT or LA Times (and the list goes on) are spreading fake news.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Dang, should I be watching Chris Cuomo?  I tend to stay on the side of all cable news/political shows suck, but I like the cut of his jib here. 

He's not insulting, not calling names or hostile, but refuses to let conspiracy bullshit and lies get past him and to his audience without calling them out for what they are.  

I mean, probably not, but he does call them on their bullshit. 

23 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

1) to which "Constitutional right" are they referring?  I'm quite curious.  Because we know it's not the 4th amendment, because...

2)

Asked by Bill O’Reilly, “What was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?” Trump denied all responsibility. “Well, you have to ask that to Rudy,” he replied. “You know, Rudy has other clients, other than me … He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.” O’Reilly followed up, “You didn’t direct him to go there on your behalf?” “No,” said Trump.

So, Trump has affirmatively stated that there was no attorney-client relationship with respect to Rudy's Ukraine activities.  Meaning that Trump has no rights whatsoever with respect to such communications (e.g., no 4th amendment rights).

3) obtaining something from Rudy isn't hard.  Wait a few minutes, and the dumbass will broadcast it to the world.  He probably texted copies of his phone bills to the last pizza place he had on his phone.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, troph said:

Money Shot

We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out.

• Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy