Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

I am forgetful AF but I do not understand how anyone could "forget" they have ammo or firearms in their bags when they fly.  

Roughly 6,000+ firearms pass through TSA each and every year.  They estimate that what they catch is just a quarter of what actually passes through.  And that the majority (or least plurality in terms of partially loaded or ammo packed along side the weapons) are loaded.  Most of the time, it is unintentional, who knows about the rest?  But if you try and take a bottle of water or a half gram of blow, you will be detained and beaten.  

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I am forgetful AF but I do not understand how anyone could "forget" they have ammo or firearms in their bags when they fly.  

I could see someone forgetting a loose shell or two in a bag and then reusing that bag for air travel. It is a HORRIBLE fucking idea though because you're gonna make the explosive sniffing dogs and equipment light up, and you could forget a shell or two in the bag and end up in FPMITA prison in a foreign country

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's always funny to me when people don't understand that going to another country means you're subject to their laws. they say travel expands ones horizon - I just laugh at the ones who get trebuchet'd toward it 

I like it when you see someone try to be a smartass or toughster with the foreign country's cops or TSA.  I witnessed this last year in a Caribbean country not T&C.  

Dude, these guys get paid like $7 a day to sit here and deal with your shit.  They live in some shack without electricity.  When they figure out you'll pay them everything in your wallet to stop the beating... the beating will start.

• Hook 'Em 3

A number of years ago I had to travel out of the country for business.  Prior to leaving, in a meeting I mentioned that I was going to read the State Department's advisory prior.  You'd have thought I was a Martian based on the bewildered looks I got.  Very few people seem to remotely understand that when you go to another country you are a guest and need to act accordingly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Went on a self-guided rafting, fly fishing trip in 2012 to SW Alaska.  Weather delayed our arrival by a day on our in-bound flight by float plane to the drop off lake.  This had a reverberating effect when it was time to be picked up by our wheel plane at the local Inuit airstrip 5 days later.  Flights were delayed across the region and we were worried if we were going to make it back to Anchorage for the return flight to DFW the following morning.

I took a .44 magnum for bear protection on the trip along with a full box of heavy load ammo.  I dutifully checked in my firearm and ammo at DFW at the start of the trip.  But when the float trip ended , we were delayed getting back to Anchorage.  We made it back to Anchorage late, took a cab to our hotel, made the driver wait while we dropped our luggage.  Then we had him drive us to a bad ass pizza place in town before it closed.

After long day of breaking camp, rowing to our pickup point, traveling by boat to the airstrip, taking a plane to Dillingham, taking a turbo prop to Anchorage, and eating pizza and drinking beer, I was dead tired.  Asked my buddy at the hotel what time our flight was the next morning and he said something like 10:00 am.  I immediately went to bed.  Woke up about 7:00 the next morning, about to take a shower for the first time in 6 days.   But decided to check my phone first to see what time our flight left.  Flight leaves in an hour.  

We make a mad dash to the airport, check my revolver in at ticketing and put it in my check in duffle bag and quickly proceed to security carrying my backpack as they are announcing boarding for my flight.

I forgot to remove my box of ammo from my backpack.  Gulp…

Went on a self-guided rafting, fly fishing trip in 2012 to SW Alaska.  Weather delayed our arrival by a day on our in-bound flight by float plane to the drop off lake.  This had a reverberating effect when it was time to be picked up by our wheel plane at the local Inuit airstrip 5 days later.  Flights were delayed across the region and we were worried if we were going to make it back to Anchorage for the return flight to DFW the following morning.
I took a .44 magnum for bear protection on the trip along with a full box of heavy load ammo.  I dutifully checked in my firearm and ammo at DFW at the start of the trip.  But when the float trip ended , we were delayed getting back to Anchorage.  We made it back to Anchorage late, took a cab to our hotel, made the driver wait while we dropped our luggage.  Then we had him drive us to a bad ass pizza place in town before it closed.
After long day of breaking camp, rowing to our pickup point, traveling by boat to the airstrip, taking a plane to Dillingham, taking a turbo prop to Anchorage, and eating pizza and drinking beer, I was dead tired.  Asked my buddy at the hotel what time our flight was the next morning and he said something like 10:00 am.  I immediately went to bed.  Woke up about 7:00 the next morning, about to take a shower for the first time in 6 days.   But decided to check my phone first to see what time our flight left.  Flight leaves in an hour.  

We make a mad dash to the airport, check my revolver in at ticketing and put it in my check in duffle bag and quickly proceed to security carrying my backpack as they are announcing boarding for my flight.
I forgot to remove my box of ammo from my backpack.  Gulp…

You were at least traveling on a hunting trip. This dipshit was just going to a beach.
To be clear, I have a backpack that has ammo and such in it. It’s the ONLY bag I use to carry ammo (other than range bags, which literally only go to the range and back).
I have another backpack that does not.
The first backpack goes ONLY on hunting trips. The second does not.
There. For those of us who aren’t flying with ammo on purpose, I just gave you the easy, guaranteed way to avoid accidentally traveling with ammo.