Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

I can comfortably say that rock n roll jumped the shark the moment that sexually repressed/closeted uptight conservative white men like the fine specimen above took up defending rock n roll as some cultural crusade.

How to take something that is the essence of cool, and make it uncool?  That's your recipe.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I can comfortably say that rock n roll jumped the shark the moment that sexually repressed/closeted uptight conservative white men like the fine specimen above took up defending rock n roll as some cultural crusade.

How to take something that is the essence of cool, and make it uncool?  That's your recipe.

So...Christian rock?

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

CSlldkdUAAEmXIV.jpg

That reminds me of an incident from my youth. First I should point out that no one did more in my lifetime to teach me to be atheist than my hyper-Christian mom. There was one Sunday morning before we left for church when my brother was playing the Leftoverture album by Kansas which he’d borrowed from a friend. They weren’t Christian rock, but they were a Christian band. My mom, of course, didn’t know that and she became outraged that my brother was playing demon rock ‘n’ roll on a Sunday morning and so she pulled the needle off the album and put a big scratch in the vinyl. She wound up having to buy a new copy of the album to return to my brother’s friend.

leftoverture.jpg?w=980&q=75

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That reminds me of an incident from my youth. First I should point out that no one did more in my lifetime to teach me to be atheist than my hyper-Christian mom. There was one Sunday morning before we left for church when my brother was playing the Leftoverture album by Kansas which he’d borrowed from a friend. They weren’t Christian rock, but they were a Christian band. My mom, of course, didn’t know that and she became outraged that my brother was playing demon rock ‘n’ roll on a Sunday morning and so she pulled the needle off the album and put a big scratch in the vinyl. She wound up having to buy a new copy of the album to return to my brother’s friend.

leftoverture.jpg?w=980&q=75

Pos rep for Carry on Wayward Son -- always been one of my all-time favorites.

In fact, back in the day, when we'd listen to FM radio in the car, I had a superstition -- if I was on my way to go hunting, and heard Wayward Son AND La Grange on the same drive.....we were gonna KILL 'em.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Pos rep for Carry on Wayward Son -- always been one of my all-time favorites.

In fact, back in the day, when we'd listen to FM radio in the car, I had a superstition -- if I was on my way to go hunting, and heard Wayward Son AND La Grange on the same drive.....we were gonna KILL 'em.

I’ve never seen ZZ Top live. But I’ve seen Phish cover La Grange. Someone will probably neg me for this, and I wasn’t at this particular show, but back when they were at their peak in the 90’s I think it was a pretty solid cover.

• 3 weeks later...

So many different & overlapping places I could have put these... & here we are (I had to select ONE).

It all started with a pic that shows a shitload of cargo ships off the Cali coast & these jackwagons saying it is Biden that is keeping the containers from coming in & getting offloaded; Biden wants a material & supplies version of that asinine "plandemic" thing so he can ration goods & food to the public.

One of the morons said the US Coast Guard should take over the ports & offload.

Next thing you know, I'm down a rabbit hole of GQP lunacy.

Tapa probably uploaded the pics out of order, I'll let y'all sort it out.

e2e234b2dcd44d7fb9636ac77562f72c.jpg461bdc7e230ead03cfccebc27f2d72b9.jpg0f988b90b0eb3a79dad0905cf4672cf5.jpge6f8464f185725d3475ba659ade3c6c1.jpg73da1f3b6a2d1cf4b21dc1db61cfdbff.jpg98f3e9c13c4092bd0966a0f5c09f6f38.jpgf95722be4f18a348438e2581e060bdb5.jpg6939d3871e0369a78a92a469d70f1e17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ho-hum.  Yet another example of how this current flavor of Right-Wing Populism is just good old-fashioned corruption and grift, ALL of it playing on all the suckers:  Sebastian Kurz, right-wing hardliner Chancellor of Austria, resigns amid corruption scandal: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/europe/alexander-schallenberg-austria-new-chancellor-intl/index.html

Kurz is under investigation alongside nine other individuals and three organizations, according to a statement from the Office of Austria's Attorney General for Economic Affairs and Corruption (WKStA).

Raids were carried out in several locations -- including two government ministries -- last Wednesday as part of the inquiry, according to the prosecutor.

"Between 2016 and at least 2018, budgetary funds from the finance ministry were used to finance exclusively party-politically motivated, sometimes manipulated surveys conducted by an opinion research company in the interest of a political party and its top management," the WKStA statement said.

Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz resigns amid corruption scandal

"The survey results were published (without being declared as an advertisement) in the editorial section of an Austrian daily newspaper and other media belonging to the same group," the statement read, adding that "suspected payments were made in return to the media company."

Austrian media have identified the daily newspaper involved in the case as tabloid-format daily Österreich (Austria). The paper has rejected the accusations and denied any wrongdoing in multiple op-eds published this week.

Kurz led the ÖVP into government in 2017, in coalition with the far-right Freedom Party, having turned the refugee influx of 2015 into a vote-winner at the ballot box.

He arrived in power just as Chancellor Angela Merkel's grip in neighboring Germany appeared to be weakening. He seemed keen to dismantle at least some of her welcoming approach to migrants and take the continent down a more hardline path, despite insisting regularly on his support for the European project.

It.  Is.  All. A.  GRIFT.  All of it.  Just naked lies and corruption in the interest of money and power.  Across the board, across the globe, this is what they are.

• Rage+1 1

I think in Ben's household, as per his interpretation of Jewish custom, his wife sleeps in a completely separate bedroom and when he longs for her from a different part of the house...he drapes a tallit katan over himself to jerk off.  

To remain pure for Donald Trump, he then burns the sheet in effigy whilst binging "The Apprentice" 

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

All those Muslim terrorists on no fly lists are cheering.

Meanwhile, the wealthy are still going to be taking their private jets or flying on niche/private airlines that the plebes will never set foot on, and with their money will be unencumbered, traveling freely when and wherever they want to go, and are definitely not being discriminated against.

Which leaves who, exactly?

And what airports will this company be using, where their passengers can skip through security?  Are they going to be landing in Jimbo's cornfield, and flying what exactly? I mean, if you somehow can find an airfield that will let you skip all of the "encumbrances" of modern air travel such as security measures, but can handle a decent-sized aircraft, how are the passengers going to get there, and what will the FAA say about them flying in anything larger than a puddle jumper?

On 10/11/2021 at 5:42 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, guess this goes here?

Cittarelli is spending tons of money, mostly on an ad with a clip of Gov. Phil Murphy saying "if you're a single issue voter, and that issues is taxes, NJ probably isn't the place for you."  He wants to "fix" NJ.  

NJ is fine.  He can fuck off.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, ROFL BOX said:

So many different & overlapping places I could have put these... & here we are (I had to select ONE).

It all started with a pic that shows a shitload of cargo ships off the Cali coast & these jackwagons saying it is Biden that is keeping the containers from coming in & getting offloaded; Biden wants a material & supplies version of that asinine "plandemic" thing so he can ration goods & food to the public.

One of the morons said the US Coast Guard should take over the ports & offload.

Next thing you know, I'm down a rabbit hole of GQP lunacy.

Tapa probably uploaded the pics out of order, I'll let y'all sort it out.

e2e234b2dcd44d7fb9636ac77562f72c.jpg461bdc7e230ead03cfccebc27f2d72b9.jpg0f988b90b0eb3a79dad0905cf4672cf5.jpge6f8464f185725d3475ba659ade3c6c1.jpg73da1f3b6a2d1cf4b21dc1db61cfdbff.jpg98f3e9c13c4092bd0966a0f5c09f6f38.jpgf95722be4f18a348438e2581e060bdb5.jpg6939d3871e0369a78a92a469d70f1e17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Batshit crazy.  DJT will rule the British military.  Where the fuck to people get ideas like this?

On 8/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm so torn. Like many things magat, I kinda wanna buy one just as a keepsake. I don't have any children and won't eve have any, so it wouldn't be history to pass down, but it would be a fun remembrance (assuming we survive this). Then again, I don't want to fill the grifters' coffers at all

So maybe we fire up a website selling bootleg knock-offs of this garbage, targeting people like us who might want these things but don't want to give them money.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone explain to me how the FAA is going to be cool with this?

Found their hub. 
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/16/twin-cities-man-accused-of-operating-airstrip-in-field-behind-his-home/

Twin Cities Man Accused Of Operating Private Airport In Field Behind His Home

A Twin Cities man is facing charges after allegedly carving a runway into a field behind his home and using it as a private airport.

Jeffrey Walker, 57, of Afton, is charged with five misdemeanor counts for violating city restrictions for airstrips, takeoffs and landings, court documents filed this week in Washington County show.

Satellite imagery from Google Maps shows what appears to be an airstrip carved into a field behind Walker’s home, which is on the eastern edge of the Twin Cities metro. Prosecutors say the runway is clearly visible from the air and is listed by the Federal Aviation Administration as a private airport.

Per the complaint, Walker incorporated his airfield with the Minnesota Secretary of State under the names Walker Field, LLC, and Top Gun Aviation. The name Walker Field, LLC, appears on MapQuest, Airport Information in Minnesota, and AirNav.com.

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy