Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

16 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Hey Ted, you fucking coward cunt; you had a chance to fight communism for real over in "Nam, and you pussed the fuck out because you're a fucking coward pussy

If someone came forward and said, "Hey, I was drafted or had a low number but I personally didn't think the war was winnable or worth anyone's life or I don't believe in violence as way to solve things so I dodged the draft" I would be OK with that.  

So long as they aren't chickenhawks in later life or killing animals for fun or calling for racist assaults.  Then I see a narcissism I have no tolerance for.

I think he's long past the point of needing a talk with the FBI.  

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Groypers?

Incels.

Groypers, sometimes called the Groyper Army, are a group of white nationalist and far-right activists, provocateurs, and internet trolls who are notable for their attempts to introduce far-right politics into mainstream conservatism in the United States, their participation in the 2021 United States Capitol attack and the protests leading up to that, and their extremist views. They are known for targeting other conservative groups and individuals whose agendas they view as too moderate and insufficiently nationalist.[3][4] The Groyper movement has been described as white nationalist, homophobic, nativist, fascist, sexist, antisemitic, and an attempt to rebrand the alt-right movement.[2][5][6][7]

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Incels.

Groypers, sometimes called the Groyper Army, are a group of white nationalist and far-right activists, provocateurs, and internet trolls who are notable for their attempts to introduce far-right politics into mainstream conservatism in the United States, their participation in the 2021 United States Capitol attack and the protests leading up to that, and their extremist views. They are known for targeting other conservative groups and individuals whose agendas they view as too moderate and insufficiently nationalist.[3][4] The Groyper movement has been described as white nationalist, homophobic, nativist, fascist, sexist, antisemitic, and an attempt to rebrand the alt-right movement.[2][5][6][7]

Jesus, it’s hard to keep up with the batshit crazy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you misspelled "Impossible"

It’s weird because back on shaggy there was a thread about this QAnon conspiracy theory and I paid it no mind because it just seemed like some fringe weirdo thing and now we have actual members of Congress who believe in it and espouse its tenets. It’s stunning. The stupidity is like a cancer. 

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Kinda hard to pull off "tough" when you've got your shirt tucked into your mom jeans.

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

god what a fucking dork. and I didn't think he could less manly than posing next to a 4-cylinder mustang

The real cherry on top is that pathetic fucking losers like this are the primary users of the term "beta" to describe every man that doesn't agree with them.

Yeah, see.....I was always able to get actual dates, with actual women, and have actual consensual sex with them.  I was able to achieve success without being a sycophant to a fucking narcissist loser.  I didn't need a substitute 5.56 penis, or a substitute sports car penis.  

These guys, using the term "beta".....that's the case of "every accusation is a confession," exhibit 5 billion.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s weird because back on shaggy there was a thread about this QAnon conspiracy theory and I paid it no mind because it just seemed like some fringe weirdo thing and now we have actual members of Congress who believe in it and espouse its tenets. It’s stunning. The stupidity is like a cancer. 

What's really wild is that back on Shaggy and elsewhere, we used to think Alex Jones was the peak stupidity/zaniness that you'd see out of the conspiracy nuts.  FEMA coffins and FEMA camps and 9/11 was an inside job all seem pretty quaint these days.

And the irony is that Qanon was faced with plenty of Really Shady Shit that was out in the open.  Things like a President who admired dictators with total power over their countries, who plotted to overturn elections.  Hell, we've had two Presidents, Clinton and Trump, who hung out with an actual convicted International child sex trafficker who even had a fucking island to do his fucking on, and it was blown off as No Big Deal.  In the twisted minds of the Qanon nuts, Trump was probably undercover for all those years that he knew Epstein, and probably broke Epstein's neck himself.

But outside of MTG and Boebert, I'd be willing to bet most Republicans who went along with the Qanon stuff were just doing it to win their next reelection or for the campaign bucks.  These Qanon idiots don't realize that they were getting played by both the people behind Q, as well as a lot of politicians and a lot of t-shirt and bumper sticker vendors.

Still pissed I didn't try and get in on the grift.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:19 PM, tchookem said:
On 5/11/2022 at 3:54 PM, Beau Vine said:
I ordered a new fridge/freezer last night.  It's getting delivered tomorrow.  Thanks, Biden?

In the past 6 months we've replaced the hot water heater, ac unit, refrigerator, oven, and put in new floors. The longest we waited for any of those items was 10 days. I guess I'm just lucky.

there is no such thing. If it's already hot it doesn't need to be heated.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Also, Frito pie isn’t pie. 

Chocolate cream pie is poured into a crust. The crust ingredients can vary.

Pies can be savory, eg pizza pie, crawfish pie.

Frito pie is chili poured into a crumbly crust of con chips. 

I’m glad to help Ohioans. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
More
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

But Frito Pie isn't pie.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Pie isn't round, pie r square!

Eat A Bama Pie!

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

So nachos are also pie? Is poutine pie? I like to dip potato chips in French onion dip. If I dumped the dip into the bag of chips, would that make it a pie?

Anyone who thinks that’s a valid argument should lighten up about Cincinnati chili.

Glad to help out a Texan. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So nachos are also pie? Is poutine pie? I like to dip potato chips in French onion dip. If I dumped the dip into the bag of chips, would that make it a pie?

Anyone who thinks that’s a valid argument should lighten up about Cincinnati chili.

And I am grateful. Create a dish, and its naming is your due. I’ve given up trying to hold on to what words used to mean. I’ve other hills on which to tilt uselessly. Knowing what folks mean is enough.

I’ve yet to sample Skyline’s signature(?) dish. Cinnamon chili pie sounds more descriptive than titular, don’t you think? Nachos sound more appealing/authentic than canned cheese pie. French onion pie has potential, but the reality would disappoint. Crisp is part of the deal. Poutine is another mystery; what’s its crust? Brown gravy on fries is damn good. If that’s its crust, poutine pie has more than alliteration to recommend it.

Edited by Willfully Horn

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

And I am grateful. Create a dish, and its naming is your due. I’ve given up trying to hold on to what words used to mean. I’ve other hills on which to tilt uselessly. Knowing what folks mean is enough.

I’ve yet to sample Skyline’s signature(?) dish. Cinnamon chili pie sounds more descriptive than titular, don’t you think? Nachos sound more appealing/authentic than canned cheese pie. French onion pie has potential, but the reality would disappoint. Crisp is part of the deal. Poutine is another mystery; what’s its crust? Brown gravy on fries is damn good. If that’s its crust, poutine pie has more than alliteration to recommend it.

I don’t want to derail the thread but I don’t see how loose Fritos corn chips constitute more of a pie “crust” than French fries (or “frites”). I’d say Cincinnati chili is closer to Texas chili than Frito pie is to actual pie. I don’t think they refer to it as a pie in Italy but in Chicago it’s more of a casserole. I think calling pizza a “pie” is an American phenomenon.

I’ve seen recipes from winners of Texas chili contests that included cinnamon. Also chocolate. Cincinnati chili also includes allspice, a main ingredient in jerk seasoning, and cloves (not too much). Is cinnamon really that far off from cumin? Take away the cloves from Cincinnati chili and replace it with cumin and you might get fooled.

There’s a thread on the Food & Travel board that mentioned the Spaghetti Warehouse. I don’t know if they served it down there but up here the menu had Spaghetti with Beer Chili Sauce. It was basically a 3-way with more traditional chili. Pasta, chili, topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

And since I’ve already gone way over the line, why stop now? Back when I was living in the dorms at OSU, they used to occasionally serve what was essentially Frito pie. They called it “Texas Straw Hat.” And then sometime in the late ‘00s they tried selling actual “Frito pie” at the basketball arena where they would serve you a little bag of Fritos with chili dumped inside. But that only lasted for a couple years.

Please accept my apologies for the diversion. I have no defense. But there you have it. I could’ve gone further out of line. (Notice that I didn’t post a single pic of the Cincinnati chili I cooked up after the Super Bowl.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Anyone who defends that cinnamon spaghetti gruel should just shut the fuck up about food.  

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy