Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

58 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Sure, I believe one’s chromosomes dictates whether they are male or female in the womb and that it can’t be reversed.

What are XXY folks?

What are folks who have both?

No, this is about speech for me. Once it goes beyond asking and into the realm compulsion, that I simply will not put up with.

Do you have any evidence that someone has been compelled to use a new, gender-neutral pronoun?

Who are you? 

Someone who, like me, sees how dishonest you are in your arguments.

Edited by bad_teammate

You demonstrate your ill will to the transgender and non-binary populations by refusing to show them common courtesy, Chrispy. You demonstrate your ill will with your specious arguments and willful ignorance.  At the end of the day, you're just an asshole. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What are XXY folks?

What are folks who have both?

Do you have any evidence that someone has been compelled to use a new, gender-neutral pronoun?

Someone who, like me, sees how dishonest you are in your arguments.

That’s Klinefelter syndrome and is extremely rare, but they’re males. People who have both what? Genitalia? They’re hermaphrodites. These are both medical conditions. 

Yes, U of T urged Jordan Peterson to comply with the new law and use the correct pronouns for fear of criminal prosecution. He was also physically threatened and his office vandalized. Thankfully he has not budged, and his support continues to grow, as it should. 

As far as I can tell that guy follows you around and has very little to add to the conversation, but we all have our roles I suppose. 

22 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

You demonstrate your ill will to the transgender and non-binary populations by refusing to show them common courtesy, Chrispy. You demonstrate your ill will with your specious arguments and willful ignorance.  At the end of the day, you're just an asshole. 

I don’t believe so, I’ll call them what they wish. As long as they ask, of course. But at the end of the day, chromosomes are chromosomes and they dictate gender. 

15 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

As far as I can tell that guy follows you around and has very little to add to the conversation, but we all have our roles I suppose. 

I'm just curious, considering you've been asked multiple times to provide sources for your claims, yet have not delivered. It's weird.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm just curious, considering you've been asked multiple times to provide sources for your claims, yet have not delivered. It's weird.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/11/22/university-faces-uproar-over-recording-showing-how-teaching-assistant-was-questioned

This poor woman was reprimanded for showing a debate involving Jordan Peterson on gender pronouns and was told it was akin to defending Hitler. Nope, they’re not forcing any speech down anyone’s throats. 

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nothing at all in there indicating that Peterson was threatened with a fine. You're lying. It's sad.

Receiving cease and desist letters from the university for violating provisions of the OHRC, which of course, is fines. But it’s just another day at the office, I’m sure. You are a fascinating creature. 

10 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

So you still have no source that Peterson was threatened with a fine despite multiple assertions. Got it.

Around the 10:00 minute mark he starts to mention the financial implications regarding the OHRC. I think the term used was “financially ruined”, so it was actually worse than my original assertions of mere fines. Please send your daddy BT my regards. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Jordan Peterson comes across as a snowflake. 

Maybe he needs a cry closet.

What you think of him is irrelevant. BT’s imp wanted a link to support the notion that Peterson was absolutely subject to financial implications. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Skipped to 10:00, have been listening for 7 minutes and financial implications have not once been mentioned. So basically you're just lying again.

What does “financial ruin” mean to you? 

University warned him.
He kept talking.
Nothing happened.

The OHRC never once contacted Peterson in any way.

You’re a liar.

The University felt it might have legal exposure so they asked an employee to stop a behavior that might expose them to legal jeopardy.

He had a conversation with an attorney that mentions the harshest punishment being financial ruin (~12:40 in), but we don’t know for what exactly and certainly no one actually threatened him with it.

You’re a liar.

OHRC never contacted him. OHRC never threatened to fine him. No one threatened to fine him. He has a hysterical interpretation of an innocuous law based on his paranoid conspiratorial thinking about CULTURAL MARXISTS! (A term the Nazis invented to slander Jews.)

You're a liar.

each of you arguing about Peterson are fuckwads...big, giant wads of fuck.

this is a mockery thread centered on entire nation of idiots and the idiot things they do politically, not some monocular focus on a particular pseudo-intellectual fucknugget who likes the smell of his own farts.

fucking hell.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

University warned him.
He kept talking.
Nothing happened.

The OHRC never once contacted Peterson in any way.

You’re a liar.

The University felt it might have legal exposure so they asked an employee to stop a behavior that might expose them to legal jeopardy.

He had a conversation with an attorney that mentions the harshest punishment being financial ruin (~12:40 in), but we don’t know for what exactly and certainly no one actually threatened him with it.

You’re a liar.

OHRC never contacted him. OHRC never threatened to fine him. No one threatened to fine him. He has a hysterical interpretation of an innocuous law based on his paranoid conspiratorial thinking about CULTURAL MARXISTS! (A term the Nazis invented to slander Jews.)

You're a liar.

BT, the brain truly sees what it wants to see and I believe you are exhibiting this rather pathetic human characteristic in an exemplary fashion. 

The university’s lawyers were concerned of legal implications, which only proves the merit of Peterson’s case. They urged him to stop and his job was hanging in the balance, until his support grew to such an extent that the university was painted into a corner. The OHRC does not have the power to fire Peterson. 

He had a conversation, if you want to call it that, with Brenda Cossman, not some random lawyer. She used to author reports for the Law Commission of Canada, which counseled the Canadian government on matters of law. So, she knows full well what the OHRC is capable of and, of course, has supported the commission in many public debates. I’m sorry, but if a staunch adversary of mine mentions financial ruin at the hands of the Human Rights Tribunal, which is not an uncommon practice, I’m considering that a very serious threat indeed. 

The OHRC commissioner, Renu Mandhane, admitted that the incorrect use of pronouns is discrimination and could get you fined, so Peterson’s assertion of fines is correct. Whether she called him personally or not, the explicit threat was made. 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/yes-xer-acts-of-misgendering-considered-discrimination-in-ontario

54 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

BT, the brain truly sees what it wants to see and I believe you are exhibiting this rather pathetic human characteristic in an exemplary fashion. 

The university’s lawyers were concerned of legal implications, which only proves the merit of Peterson’s case. They urged him to stop and his job was hanging in the balance, until his support grew to such an extent that the university was painted into a corner. The OHRC does not have the power to fire Peterson. 

He had a conversation, if you want to call it that, with Brenda Cossman, not some random lawyer. She used to author reports for the Law Commission of Canada, which counseled the Canadian government on matters of law. So, she knows full well what the OHRC is capable of and, of course, has supported the commission in many public debates. I’m sorry, but if a staunch adversary of mine mentions financial ruin at the hands of the Human Rights Tribunal, which is not an uncommon practice, I’m considering that a very serious threat indeed. 

The OHRC commissioner, Renu Mandhane, admitted that the incorrect use of pronouns is discrimination and could get you fined, so Peterson’s assertion of fines is correct. Whether she called him personally or not, the explicit threat was made. 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/yes-xer-acts-of-misgendering-considered-discrimination-in-ontario

Who said his job was hanging in the balance?

From your link:

Mandhane told the Sun that the OHRC “does not require any particular gender-neutral pronoun. If in doubt, ask the person how they wish to be addressed. Use ‘they’ if you don’t know. Or simply use their chosen name.”

You lie a lot.

The only way Peterson would face consequences, according to this OHRC woman you quoted, was if he purposefully misgendered someone. In which case, I hope he would be fired immediately.

Also, that website is a great source of insane right-wing bullshit.

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who said his job was hanging in the balance?

From your link:

Mandhane told the Sun that the OHRC “does not require any particular gender-neutral pronoun. If in doubt, ask the person how they wish to be addressed. Use ‘they’ if you don’t know. Or simply use their chosen name.”

You lie a lot.

The only way Peterson would face consequences, according to this OHRC woman you quoted, was if he purposefully misgendered someone. In which case, I hope he would be fired immediately.

Also, that website is a great source of insane right-wing bullshit.

Exactly, simply use the correct pronoun under compulsion and this all goes away. Thank you sir, ugh, I mean they. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you are a teacher who knows a student doesn't want to be called "he" but you say "he" anyone to be an asshole then fuck you, you deserve to be fired.

If he’s asked, sure, I agree with you. Anyway, truce. The meatballs bit is funny. 

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Or, and this is a nutty idea, maybe address them by their name if you don't want to use the preferred pronoun.

That may not be what they prefer David. Anyway, I think I’ve professed my point of view enough.

Edited by Chrispy
Monday

So that's an average looking guy.  If an average looking guy has any conversational abilities at all, he can get laid.  If an average looking guy isn't getting laid, he's either not speaking around women, or the things he has to say are offputting to women.  Either way, that's a problem with you, average looking guy, not the rest of us.  Fix yourself motherfuckers.

Maybe if he didn't hold an abhorrently racist worldview, among other issues I think we can all bear witness to seeing in these men, women his own age would be more interested in seeing past his insecurity and poor socialization. These young men need therapy, not memes. This kind of shit is a direct side effect of the massive mental assault that is the internet on developing brains, especially when it's never turned off. 

Edited by trauma babe
  • Like 1

Maybe if he didn't hold an abhorrently racist worldview, among other issues I think we can all bear witness to seeing in these men, women his own age would be more interested in seeing past his insecurity and poor socialization. These young men need therapy, not memes. This kind of shit is a direct side effect of the massive mental assault that is the internet on developing brains, especially when it's never turned off. 
Username checks out
  • Like 1

Fuck him. He’s a dick.
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 9:29 PM, ndawg said:

Look, he's bad, but the left is just as bad. Just look at the Clinton foundation, and the emails. Both sides have their crazies.

What did the Clinton Foundation do?  What emails are you talking about?  

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy