Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Noted grifter Tim Pool (the guy Zavala always posts videos from) "debated" Sam Seder the other day. The video is almost 2 hours, so probably not worth watching unless you are entertained by a not very intelligent guy with horrible confirmation bias (Pool) getting schooled by a very skilled and knowledgeable progressive media personality (Seder). 

I watched it all just out of morbid curiosity.

Trying to be as benevolent as I can, Pool seemed to have a really shitty childhood. He says he's mixed race (Korean I believe), grew up poor on the Southside of Chicago, HS dropout, claimed to be homeless a few times, and it sounded like he was generally picked on a lot. You can tell he's got a lot of pain bottled up. 

He feels really sorry for himself and his family, but tends not to have much empathy for anyone else. Like his personal struggles need to be acknowledged and taken care of first, before he can even begin to care about anyone else. Just seems like a common theme in hardcore Trumpkin land, and I guess that's why he "connects" with many aligned with the alt-right. 

On 10/16/2019 at 1:58 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Have Ben Shapiro and the Jacob Wohl kid ever been introduced to each other? I think we should organize a meet-up in Jacob's friend's driveway. They can have some doughnuts and commiserate about how much they have in common.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Thrawn said:

Dafuq? Who in the hell is Dan Bongino and why is he on Fox News?  Is he a lawyer?  I'm assuming he isn't.  If he is, he appears to be a really shitty one.

A Secret Service agent.  You know, the Secret Service,  a group of quick-thinking/intelligent individuals whose job it is to protect the President of the United States of America.

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A Secret Service agent.  You know, the Secret Service,  a group of quick-thinking/intelligent individuals whose job it is to protect the President of the United States of America.

Yep.  And secret service agents are just former police and military turned security.  They're not experts, lawyers, or authority on anything constitutional.  He's an outspoken, former NRA TV smartass Trumptard whose opinion isn't worth more than anyone who posts on this board.

“God has given us a Sovereign call to create a Holy Convocation (gathering) of leaders to come to Philadelphia, the birthplace of America, to REPENT of our turning from His leadership over our Nation and call on God to forgive us and reestablish and renew our commitment to God and the Sovereign leader of our Nation,” a promotional website for the event reads.

Women are getting fed up with alt-righters, which will lead to more incels?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/us/white-supremacist-woman-reeve/index.html

CNN spoke to two other women who, like Samantha, spent about a year in the alt-right before quitting, unable to take the abuse anymore and fearing for their safety. They now reject their old beliefs. One had become interested in the movement after watching a speech Spencer gave at Texas A&M in late 2016.

"I wasn't even a racist yet. I thought he made a really good argument for families," she told CNN, requesting anonymity because she fears violence. "He's good at making it sound legitimate." She liked "the family security, the promise of... whatever they're promising. Safety. It's very appealing."

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted:

It's very cool that Jake Tapper had him on his show a few months back and was less antagonistic with him than he is with pretty much any Muslim person. 

There is this idea that "both sides' have to be given their say for journalism to be "fair".

This is only correct when both sides have reasonable beliefs. Racists, white supremacists, anti-vaxxers, and yes, climate change deniers should not be be included under the umbrella of "reasonable beliefs". 

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

There is this idea that "both sides' have to be given their say for journalism to be "fair".

This is only correct when both sides have reasonable beliefs. Racists, white supremacists, anti-vaxxers, and yes, climate change deniers should be be included under the umbrella of "reasonable beliefs". 

did you forget a 'not' somewhere in there?

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This is only correct when both sides have reasonable beliefs. Racists, white supremacists, anti-vaxxers, and yes, climate change deniers should be be included under the umbrella of "reasonable beliefs". 

Agreed.  Crazy has been legitimized to the crazies by this kind of exposure. 

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy