2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

46 minutes ago, fluff said:

Fuck Aggy. They don’t own that shit.

They can have it. Although it would be better not to confuse the Yankee mofos on ESPN that get our schools mixed up anyway.

In the Tech kids’ defense, they may have been sheltered from the idiocy that is uniquely aggy. 

Edited by slorch

KU's season 100% comes down to tonight's game.  We'll see if this team has any heart whatsoever or if they are just going to fold like the prideless pussies our team is.  I'm not going to lie or hold back, we lost our chance at an NCAA championship when doke went down and De Sousa got the ban hammer.  Without the regular season championship it feels like we have nothing to play for.  We don't have a chance at the big12 tourney title, and frankly after downplaying its importance in favor of the regular season crown no KU fan should act like that is a great accomplishment to win.

We fucking suck and we suck because we are so damn spoiled, but we suck.  I pray to god (who doesn't exist) that we beat KSU tonight and Tech takes the crown.  For me, tech and ISU are the only two teams that even deserve the opportunity to win it, with ISU being the team that deserves it most with how much they have been knocking on the door.  Fuck this season.

Top 20 team with a virtual lock on nothing less than a 4 seed... and fans are crying like hell.

LOlz.  C'mon Payhawks.  Go get a win tonight.  Save up gas money for Tulsa, you bitches.

15 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

KU's season 100% comes down to tonight's game.  We'll see if this team has any heart whatsoever or if they are just going to fold like the prideless pussies our team is.  I'm not going to lie or hold back, we lost our chance at an NCAA championship when doke went down and De Sousa got the ban hammer.  Without the regular season championship it feels like we have nothing to play for.  We don't have a chance at the big12 tourney title, and frankly after downplaying its importance in favor of the regular season crown no KU fan should act like that is a great accomplishment to win.

We fucking suck and we suck because we are so damn spoiled, but we suck.  I pray to god (who doesn't exist) that we beat KSU tonight and Tech takes the crown.  For me, tech and ISU are the only two teams that even deserve the opportunity to win it, with ISU being the team that deserves it most with how much they have been knocking on the door.  Fuck this season.

Jhawk..... You're posting like Betty White

Eat a Snickers......

52 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

This is why our fanbase is so butt hurt.  Over the last decade, we've been the second most consistent program in the conference.  Our fanbase is the only other fanbase even close to KU with how they support/care about basektball.  A lot of us (self included) feel like we just deserve to be the ones to break the streak.

Clearly our play on the court didn't match up with that.  KSU supports their program quite well, and Tech has gotten a lot better on that front.  I think they'll draw well as long as Beard is there, especially with the downturn in the football program.

I'm over the disappointment of how things went down up to this point, and really just want to see inspired play and a fun March.  If we either win the conference tournament or make the second weekend, this will be a runaway success of a season compared to where we thought we'd end up at the start of the year.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

29 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is why our fanbase is so butt hurt.  Over the last decade, we've been the second most consistent program in the conference.  Our fanbase is the only other fanbase even close to KU with how they support/care about basektball.  A lot of us (self included) feel like we just deserve to be the ones to break the streak.

Clearly our play on the court didn't match up with that.  KSU supports their program quite well, and Tech has gotten a lot better on that front.  I think they'll draw well as long as Beard is there, especially with the downturn in the football program.

I'm over the disappointment of how things went down up to this point, and really just want to see inspired play and a fun March.  If we either win the conference tournament or make the second weekend, this will be a runaway success of a season compared to where we thought we'd end up at the start of the year.

Nobody "deserves" anything.  Tech fans care more about football than ISU fans do, but y'all are winning now in football because you have a good coach. That's how it works.  Great fan support can be a recruiting tool, but if your AD isn't hiring good coaches, it doesn't matter.

Also, Tech fans always support the basketball team reasonably well  - as well as anyone else in Texas, at least - whenever our team is even moderately good.  The problem is that, at least since the '80s (when I first started paying attention to Tech sports), when Tech isn't NCAA tourney level good or close, they're fucking terrible, and unwatchable.  That's as opposed to our football team that is as mediocre as mediocre can be historically speaking.  And I don't mean, mediocre in terms of our all-time winning %, though that's also true.  I mean, lots and lots of 6 and 7 win seasons.

Edited by Dirk X West

6 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Nobody "deserves" anything.  Tech fans care more about football than ISU fans do, but y'all are winning now in football because you have a good coach. That's how it works.  Great fan support can be a recruiting tool, but if your AD isn't hiring good coaches, it doesn't matter.

Also, Tech fans always support the basketball team reasonably well  - as well as anyone else in Texas, at least - whenever our team is even moderately good.  The problem is that, at least since the '80s (when I first started paying attention to Tech sports), when Tech isn't NCAA tourney level good or close, they're fucking terrible, and unwatchable.  That's as opposed to our football team that is as mediocre as mediocre can be historically speaking.  

That's why I said we "feel" like we deserve it.  I know damn well that no one (especially fucking fans) deserves anything.

Don't know that I'd agree with your assessment that we care less about football.  Historically that's accurate, but our football interest/support over the past decade has been on par to the point of exceeding you, and that's with only little tastes of success, relatively.  We've never had a year like your 2008 season. 

Either way, I'm cool with Tech winning it this year.  There's really nothing unlikeable about your program to me.

Talking about who deserves what is loser bullshit. You either win or you don't. Your fans support your basketball program so well because you have been consistently good, not the other way around. If you were legit terrible for 10 straight years like Tech was your fan base would have turned to apathy just like ours did before Beard reignited the passion.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Talking about who deserves what is loser bullshit. You either win or you don't. Your fans support your basketball program so well because you have been consistently good, not the other way around. If you were legit terrible for 10 straight years like Tech was your fan base would have turned to apathy just like ours did before Beard reignited the passion.

Yeah.  I was pretty apathetic by the end of the McDermott era.  Or done financially supporting the program any how.

If Baylor had kept it together and won the league, do you think there would be talk about how that fanbase didn't deserve the success?

Edited by Al_4_ISU

53 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is why our fanbase is so butt hurt.  Over the last decade, we've been the second most consistent program in the conference.  Our fanbase is the only other fanbase even close to KU with how they support/care about basektball.  A lot of us (self included) feel like we just deserve to be the ones to break the streak...

Deserving's got nothing to do with it. 

William-Munny-300x449.jpg

25 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah.  I was pretty apathetic by the end of the McDermott era.  Or done financially supporting the program any how.

If Baylor had kept it together and won the league, do you think there would be talk about how that fanbase didn't deserve the success?

What the fanbase deserves is irrelevant in my opinion. Baylor is special in that the whole university should be burned to the ground.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

That's why I said we "feel" like we deserve it.  I know damn well that no one (especially fucking fans) deserves anything.

Don't know that I'd agree with your assessment that we care less about football.  Historically that's accurate, but our football interest/support over the past decade has been on par to the point of exceeding you, and that's with only little tastes of success, relatively.  We've never had a year like your 2008 season. 

Either way, I'm cool with Tech winning it this year.  There's really nothing unlikeable about your program to me.

We've had exactly one season like 2008 since the late '70s, and then we fired our greatest coach ever for no apparent reason and replaced him with a moron. 

You're getting good crowds in football because you're winning, just like we are in basketball.  I mean, y'all have had some of your best football teams ever the last couple of years while we've had one of our worst stretches since the early '80s with 3 losing seasons in 5 years, and you outdrawn us by what?, 2-3K the last two years?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How terrible is the bubble that almost everyone has Texas, Baylor, TCU, and OU all IN?  WTF?  I don't follow college hoops that closely but is the bubble that weak?  

Yes. This has been discussed extensively in the 2018-19 Texas thread, but the bubble is singularly terrible this year.

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How terrible is the bubble that almost everyone has Texas, Baylor, TCU, and OU all IN?  WTF?  I don't follow college hoops that closely but is the bubble that weak?  

Isn't this where we are supposed to claim conference superiority?

Fuck no.

Go team!  My team.

9 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Jesus. I hope you got shitfaced (in the morning it looks like) and decided to make a prototypical KUFan troll post. Because that’s awful.

Stahp it.

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't understand why I'm supposed to cheer for a team other than mine to break the streak. I give zero fucks if KU wins them all unless and until my team is good enough to take it from them. We're still the last ones to do it. I don't want KSU or Tech or even ISU to take that from us. I won't cheer for KU but I seriously won't be cheering for someone else to take it from them. We cannot recruit against KU. We compete with KSU, Tech, and ISU for recruits. I don't want them to have the advantage of a championship. It looks like the streak is over this year but I take no joy in that.

10 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Oh fuck off you whiny cunt. Both of you, really. Try being in school during the Eddie Sutton days, when we opened the expanded GIA, and packed the place every night, and left with ringing ears. Then try sucking for 15 years thereafter, including having to watch Travis Ford waste a team that had more talent than any team Eddie ever had. My god, one down year in which you'll still be a top 4 seed and play near home and that's the end of the fucking world?  Eat shit.

51 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck OU, please run up the score so these fucking frauds get shipped to the NIT.

Edited by 'stache

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don't understand why I'm supposed to cheer for a team other than mine to break the streak. I give zero fucks if KU wins them all unless and until my team is good enough to take it from them. We're still the last ones to do it. I don't want KSU or Tech or even ISU to take that from us. I won't cheer for KU but I seriously won't be cheering for someone else to take it from them. We cannot recruit against KU. We compete with KSU, Tech, and ISU for recruits. I don't want them to have the advantage of a championship. It looks like the streak is over this year but I take no joy in that.

Oh fuck off you whiny cunt. Both of you, really. Try being in school during the Eddie Sutton days, when we opened the expanded GIA, and packed the place every night, and left with ringing ears. Then try sucking for 15 years thereafter, including having to watch Travis Ford waste a team that had more talent than any team Eddie ever had. My god, one down year in which you'll still be a top 4 seed and play near home and that's the end of the fucking world?  Eat shit.

Fuck OU, please run up the score so these fucking frauds get shipped to the NIT.

LOL, OU fucking blows.  It's hilarious they're even being considered.  But the dance is the dance...in fact, I'd argue it's more fun barely getting in.  But this team is BAD...Not OSU bad though.  

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

Despite generally liking their posts, JHawk and Al4ISU have been a bitch beating these past 4-5 pages.  

I like Al but this thread is a beating because no matter what page you're on there's multiple posts about just how bad ISU is.  One of my best friends (Jared Homan) played for ISU and there's lots of great ISU people in Chicago, so I have to give a pass.  Anyways, carry on. 

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Homan’s probably my favorite ISU post of all time.

He got caught trying to hide under a cop car at VEISHEA.

We've done several Miami/Vegas/NYC trips together.  Probably one of my best 4-5 friends.  An absolute fucking riot.  And broke up with a Victoria's Secret model which is pretty legendary in itself.  LOL

We've done several Miami/Vegas/NYC trips together.  Probably one of my best 4-5 friends.  An absolute fucking riot.  And broke up with a Victoria's Secret model which is pretty legendary in itself.  LOL

I can’t say I’ve ever really met the guy, but that’s 100% on brand for him.

Dude played mean as hell, and anchored one of our most oddly over achieving teams of all time.

His sister was a smoke show and lived in my dorm.

My only personal Homan story was being at some kegger during Homecoming ‘03 ish where he (you couldn’t miss the guy in a crowd) convinced the cops to fuck off rather than shut it down. He’s a small town Iowa kid living a huge life. Good on him.

• Like 1