2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, VolenteHawk said:

If you make every game a race to 60 you don’t need much offense. WV is having a hard time even starting their offense, they aren’t even close to getting good shots.

Yeah I was just joking really, the slow starts and all the first half clanks get frustrating though, because some team is going to take advantage of it and make us look silly. Though I guess even Duke wasn't able to do that so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

44 fucking fouls

Game ended with 50 total. 50.

The big 12 is single handedly trying to ruin their own college basketball product. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

They may turn off all of their fanbases if they call all conference games like this. 

Edited by Uncle Nate

14 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Only 3 since  the 18 game schedule. Missouri leaving created the 18 game schedule. 

No, Missouri's last year was the first year we went to the 18 game schedule. Colorado and Nebraska had left the year prior. But Missouri and aggie were still here and we had 10 teams. Their final conference record was 14-4.

14 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Game ended with 50 total. 50.

The big 12 is single handedly trying to ruin their own college basketball product. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

They may turn off all of their fanbases if they call all conference games like this. 

The sad thing is they won't.  We've been bitching about the refs since they put an emphasis on hand checking on the perimeter about 7 years ago.  Each year they have a new emphasis and the games are ugly as shit to begin the year and then even worse in conference.  Then the refs seem to loosen up during the tournament.  I don't think the players adjust because it is a problem every year.  I think the NCAA tells the refs to stop calling it so tight so it doesn't ruin the tourney.

The refs are ruining the game, but we won't leave.  What are we going to do?  Watch the NBA?

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

I'm worried about this game.  Was last night the first night you had everyone available?  What is your take on the game?

2nd game.

We really got cold at times.  When we were disciplined about ball movement and staying in the offense, we found shots.  We would get into stretches where open 3s were coming up early in the possession and just cranking them, with no one hitting.  We simply have to make a higher percentage of open shots come Saturday if we want to win.  Defensively, I was mostly pleased.  There was a stretch in the 2nd half where Weathers was driving to the rim almost at will.  He'd beat his first man, and there was no help peeling off.  Young didn't play that many minutes, and we'll need him to be ready on Saturday to defend your post.

At the end of the day, it was a road win in the Big 12 for a squad that didn't win a conference road game last year, and was only in their second game as an entire unit.  I can't complain.  Wigginton looked dominant at times, and hit a clutch 3 with about 3 minutes to go that realistically put the game out of reach for the Pokes.  Perfect catch and shoot set up.

I was pretty pleased, but I don't think these guys have quite hit their stride yet in terms of finding the best lineups and matchups.  You guys are more talented, and have played together more.  I could honestly see us end up splitting like '16-'17 where you won in Hilton and we won at the Phog.  We will be a better team when we visit you than when we host.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Thanks. I’m excited about wigginton. I feel like he’s good enough to jump to the nba next year but will stay for 4 years. I think his career in the league will be like George hill. 

I hope you're right, but I think he goes as soon as he knows he's getting drafted.

Things Get Lit After Texas Tech Basketball Beats West Virginia

Apparently huggy bear got big time butthurt after the game because Tech twitter posted a video of the team celebrating in the locker room after winning in Morgantown for the first time ever. Take the loss, pussy.

https://wreckemred.com/2019/01/04/texas-tech-basketball-bob-huggins-criticism-ironic-laughable/

Following the game, Tech posted to Twitter video of Chris Beard and his team celebrating and dancing in the visitors’ locker room after bringing home the program’s first ever win in Morgantown.  Apparently, that upset Huggins’ sensibilities to the point that he took to the airwaves to voice his displeasure.

On the radio the next day, Huggins reportedly referred to the celebration as “classless” and “bad for our game”.  Those remarks are rather ironic considering the numerous controversies that have surrounded the 65-year old.

Hilarious.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Things Get Lit After Texas Tech Basketball Beats West Virginia
Apparently huggy bear got big time butthurt after the game because Tech twitter posted a video of the team celebrating in the locker room after winning in Morgantown for the first time ever. Take the loss, pussy.
https://wreckemred.com/2019/01/04/texas-tech-basketball-bob-huggins-criticism-ironic-laughable/

Following the game, Tech posted to Twitter video of Chris Beard and his team celebrating and dancing in the visitors’ locker room after bringing home the program’s first ever win in Morgantown.  Apparently, that upset Huggins’ sensibilities to the point that he took to the airwaves to voice his displeasure.

On the radio the next day, Huggins reportedly referred to the celebration as “classless” and “bad for our game”.  Those remarks are rather ironic considering the numerous controversies that have surrounded the 65-year old.

Hilarious.
Seeing your opponent dance and laugh and celebrate in their locker room, in your place . . . .makes a man mad enough to want to go out and drive drunk or have one of his players punch a horse

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

A far less accomplished, intelligent, and likable Robert Montgomery Knight.

He is, however, a walking endorsement of Camping World while wearing those fucking awnings.

Edited by slorch