2018-2019 Rangers Offseason Thread

CowtownHorn

1 minute ago, TheFlagship said:

I don’t think Willie has a chance in hell at being a decent CF. But agreed there’s not much ABs for him if everyone is healthy

Either do I. I think what you will see is Willie become the DH when Choo leaves. With Gallo able to play center field, you could put Calhoun at left and move Gallo to center on DeSheilds off days. And Calhoun could replace Mazara and Gallo in R & L Field for their off days. 

But that all depends on if and when we can move Choo. Thinking it won't be this year. Maybe for next if we eat a chunk of his contract.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Who all is going to Opening Day? I will be out there for my 4th in a row tailgating with a buddy and a few others. Always a great time, no matter how good or bad they are. Nothing like opening day.

Have a drink for me. Or like 10 - I probably won't get to see the game

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Who all is going to Opening Day? I will be out there for my 4th in a row tailgating with a buddy and a few others. Always a great time, no matter how good or bad they are. Nothing like opening day.

This will be number 5 for me! Where do you tailgate at? For the longest time we were in Lot B directly south of the stadium but the new ballpark construction made us move over to Lot C. I think this year my dad and I are going to try and find a spot in Lot 4 of the Cowboys parking lot near that river running west. I think it's a cash lot? Well I hope because we don't have a parking ticket this year

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Either do I. I think what you will see is Willie become the DH when Choo leaves. With Gallo able to play center field, you could put Calhoun at left and move Gallo to center on DeSheilds off days. And Calhoun could replace Mazara and Gallo in R & L Field for their off days. 

But that all depends on if and when we can move Choo. Thinking it won't be this year. Maybe for next if we eat a chunk of his contract.

That might be the worst defensive outfield in major league history.  Why would you do that?

21 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Dave Raymond and CJ Nitkowski still doing the games this year?

FSSW (along with the rest of the Fox Regional Sports Networks) have to be sold in the next 90 days now that the Disney deal has closed.  Would not make sense to have a shakeup at this point.

52 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

Jason Hammels goes through an entire spring training, makes the roster, then promptly retires.

Yep.  He was supposed to be one of our long relief staples.  That’s some shitty ass shit.  Unless  there’s some sort of familial medical situation that suddenly changed his mind, that’s pretty weak 

Edited by Trey3216

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sounds like a big blow to our World Series chances. 

Yeah, but we really need a long relief guy with out TJ replacement pitchers so we don't have to call anyone guys up who really aren't ready for the majors this year.

Also, Willie needs to get his shit together. I get where the guy is mad. But get your ass to camp.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:
Everyone may want to head to the beer lines when Elvis gets up this season...
http://www.fox4news.com/sports/rangers/baby-shark-is-elvis-andrus-walk-up-song-for-2019-season-for-now-

I don't have kids or watch kid shows so I have no idea what this song is.

YouTube it. Listen for 30 seconds.  Open mouth. Insert .45.  Pull trigger 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
35 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:
YouTube it. Listen for 30 seconds.  Open mouth. Insert .45.  Pull trigger 

Yeah that was bad. How old is his kid now? Guessing it has something to do with his kid liking it.

I think he's right at 2 or so.  It's an absolute mindfuck.  I doubt he rolls with it, but damn that would be a disaster sitting in the stands and have to listen to every 3-5 yr old kid sing it in between Elvis' 4-5 AB's, and then hear it fresh during the AB's.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I'll be there in the Batter's Eye suite in CF with some work folks and the FPA of Dallas. This will be the fifth time in six years I've been in that suite. Missed 2016 because we were on the way to Augusta for the Tuesday practice round the following day.

By Evan Grant , Staff Writer Contact Evan Grant on Twitter: @Evan_P_Grant

On the eve of opening day, the Rangers have signed a free agent pitcher.

Of course, the catch: He's 19 and won't pitch in the majors for several seasons, if at all.

The Rangers added right-hander Florencio Serrano, who had been pitching in Mexico, for a signing bonus of $850,000. The Rangers had extra space under the international cap by acquiring $750,000 in slot money from Oakland in the December Jurickson Profar deal. Serrano is expected to pitch in the Arizona Rookie League or at short-season Class A Spokane. 

Serrano had been considered the best prospect in Mexico when he signed with the Chicago Cubs in 2017, but the deal was voided without him ever playing for the organization. Chicago reportedly spent $1.2 million on the deal.