Making a Murderer: Part 2 (Netflix)

Neonmoon

Finished this up last night and I gotta say, holy fuck, what a frame up.

Funny how the two people I thought were the most suspect from season 1, Ryan Hillegas and Bobby Dassey became more and more suspect as season 2 unfolded.

I doubt Hillegas killed her, but there's no doubt he helped frame Steven. If I had to bet on who did it I would be placing my money on Bobby.

I almost wanted to fast forward through the Brendan parts I feel so bad for him.

Fucking sad how Brendan is going to spend the result of his life in prison for something he had nothing to do with. Avery as well. Brendan has a chance at early release when he is around 59. And he had his emotions jerked around during the appeal process. 2 times he thought he was on his way home and nope. Everything stunk to holy hell in his case and trial. Not to mention Brendan's original lawyers were fucking terrible. And his mom fucked up royally letting him talk to the detectives for that long with no one present. I feel more bad about it because of how high his spirits are through this whole ordeal. 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:52 AM, Tired of Lurking said:

I love the mystery of the cases in First 48 but I wish Brendan would have watched an episode or two. It's always amusing when the interrogators get all pissed off when someone evokes their right to lawyer up or not answer questions.

Lol.  Wouldn’t matter.  I literally can not count the number of clients who have confessed that say “I LOVE THAT SHOW!” when I ask if they’ve seen First 48.

i can't be clear enough here: literally nothing points to steven avery and/brendan dassey committing this crime, and aside from brendan's coerced confession, literally everything else points to both of these guys being completely innocent. 

Well except for his blood in her car, that’s the one thing that’s hard for me to get over.

Yes, I want to believe he’s innocent but just seems like a lot of shit for cops to go along with to do this kind of setup , people talk , tell people shit would think something would have come out by now.

There’s also stuff the documentary didn’t cover , Avery’s dna print on the Toyota, the fact that the girl was creeped out by Avery beforehand by her dealings with her before , he called her several times that day gave her a fake name, blocked his number .

There’s definitely a lot of BS by the cops for sure, I dunno it’s very interesting but I’m torn on it. Maybe I’m naive that this many people could be this fucked up to screw over a dumb hill billy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Well except for his blood in her car, that’s the one thing that’s hard for me to get over.

the world's leading blood spatter expert unequivocally stating that his blood was planted didn't sway you?

Edited by Goo Punch

the world's leading blood spatter expert unequivocally stating that his blood was planted didn't sway you?

I believe the cops planted some evidence to insure his conviction but I think the end result of him being the murder is probably true. There are way too many things that would have had to worked out perfectly to set this up, just my opinion .

11 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I believe the cops planted some evidence to insure his conviction but I think the end result of him being the murder is probably true. There are way too many things that would have had to worked out perfectly to set this up, just my opinion .

uh, what all had to work out perfectly besides a bunch of cronies covering for each other? when it's 50 against 1 you don't need anything to workout perfectly. in fact this is pretty much a case study in the fact that when it's this many powerful people vs one country retard that you can be sloppy and haphazard and still easily get away with it. like, we know for a fact that the entire case made by the prosecution *did not happen* (as in literally a 0% chance that any of their allegations are true), and yet we have certainly thousands if not millions of people like you who still think he did it because it's just sooooo unbelievable that people in power could do this to someone beneath them. 

i have to imagine that youve lived most if not all of your life somewhere where there are no black people, because steven avery is wisconsin black and this shit ain't even all that out of the ordinary. maybe the scope and the scale of this thing is out of the ordinary, but that's mostly because of the netflix documentary and then the fact that we have cops going to stupid lengths to frame an innocent person. still, for the most part steven avery is simply living the life of literally tens of thousands of black men in this country. this type of injustice happens every single day, and the courts and appeals process are not designed to find justice anymore than the original "investigation".

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

also, the fact that tracy halbach thinking avery was weird makes you think he's guilty is insane. hello! he is weird. he's a 10th generation room-temperature iq country bumpkin from wisconsin. he's super weird. everyone in that family is weird. that has nothing to do with tracy halbach being killed. out of every person in the documentary i'd tank steven avery around 30th most likely to commit murder, and brendan dassey somewhere near dead last. 

Edited by Goo Punch

53 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I don't disagree that the blood is hard to explain away and while Zellner has a creative theory, I just don't know that I fully explain away the blood.  The lack of any mixing of the blood though is equally as perfect for that to have occurred with no planting.

Relax dude, just discussing different opinions on things , not sure why me listing stuff that wasn’t presented in the documentary as something that proves his guilt , it’s just that you can’t take everything the show presented at face value and there are other important facts that weren’t in there to think about . I know there are tons of people that get completely fucked by this fucked up system that is completely against the poor that can’t defend themselves.

Personally I think a bunch of the cops/prosecutors in this case belong in jail from Avery’s previous case and this one.

I do wanna ask, why go through all this to set him up? Why not just kill Avery to possibly make this go away?

Doesn’t seem to have worked out perfectly.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

I think you are underestimating how much the local authorities hated Steve Avery. If the documentary was accurate regarding the lawsuits, Avery would have personally bankrupted a number of people. He was a massive thorn in their side. And frankly, they didn't have everything work out perfectly. If they had, no one would have ever heard about this case.

Fair enough , wasn’t perfect but so far they got away with it, just the circumstances to kill her after Avery being the last one known to have seen her, plant the evidence , plant the car , plant the bones without any one witnessing . Regardless I hope the real truth comes out someday.

But you can’t just take the way this documentary was presented and not think it’s presented in such a way to have some bias.

But again , curious why they wouldn’t just kill Avery and cover that up. Shits nuts nonetheless, can’t stop thinking and reading about it.

Has anyone else listened to the podcast “Rebutting a Murderer”? It’s done by a reporter that covered the trial for a local newspaper. He can actually be seen in a some of the shots of press conferences in the series. He does a good job of bringing to light the things that Netflix glosses over or doesn’t even present in the series. It made me reconsider how I looked at the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Fair enough , wasn’t perfect but so far they got away with it, just the circumstances to kill her after Avery being the last one known to have seen her, plant the evidence , plant the car , plant the bones without any one witnessing . Regardless I hope the real truth comes out someday.

But you can’t just take the way this documentary was presented and not think it’s presented in such a way to have some bias.

But again , curious why they wouldn’t just kill Avery and cover that up. Shits nuts nonetheless, can’t stop thinking and reading about it.

there will be some bias... because after each episode they list all the folks that they asked to present their side of the story or refute was presented- however they all declined. that is on them if it comes across some type of way. lastly, those not willing to defend their work puts me more in the unguilty camp.

8 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Relax dude, just discussing different opinions on things , not sure why me listing stuff that wasn’t presented in the documentary as something that proves his guilt , it’s just that you can’t take everything the show presented at face value and there are other important facts that weren’t in there to think about . I know there are tons of people that get completely fucked by this fucked up system that is completely against the poor that can’t defend themselves.

Personally I think a bunch of the cops/prosecutors in this case belong in jail from Avery’s previous case and this one.

I do wanna ask, why go through all this to set him up? Why not just kill Avery to possibly make this go away?

you do realize dassy was convicted of one story/theory and steven avery was convicted of another story/theory. that cant happen, but it did and both have life sentences.

what perplexes me and adds to the story that hasnt really been discussed is what the judge would not allow in the avery case.

7 hours ago, Quagmire said:

how does the ex boyfriend have her planner?

2 hours ago, riloh05 said:

how does the ex boyfriend have her planner?

There's just too many things they can't explain away. If anything, there is reasonable doubt. It obviously didn't happen the way Dassey's confession outlined. That dude, IMO, should definitely go free. I'm kind of the opinion that if Avery didn't do this, he's done something else. That doesn't mean he should be in jail for this, but I don't think he's a truthful person. That may have to do with him being wrongfully convicted previously, idk, but there's something about him that's off. 

20 minutes ago, Jograves said:

There's just too many things they can't explain away. If anything, there is reasonable doubt. It obviously didn't happen the way Dassey's confession outlined. That dude, IMO, should definitely go free. I'm kind of the opinion that if Avery didn't do this, he's done something else. That doesn't mean he should be in jail for this, but I don't think he's a truthful person. That may have to do with him being wrongfully convicted previously, idk, but there's something about him that's off. 

he is probably a turd...and a frequent run in with the local pd. however, he isnt the worlds best crime scene cleaner and dust replacer.

there will be some bias... because after each episode they list all the folks that they asked to present their side of the story or refute was presented- however they all declined. that is on them if it comes across some type of way. lastly, those not willing to defend their work puts me more in the unguilty camp.

Yeah I get that, but they have their conviction so what do they have to gain by talking?

On 10/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, blacklab said:

Finished this up last night and I gotta say, holy fuck, what a frame up.

Funny how the two people I thought were the most suspect from season 1, Ryan Hillegas and Bobby Dassey became more and more suspect as season 2 unfolded.

I doubt Hillegas killed her, but there's no doubt he helped frame Steven. If I had to bet on who did it I would be placing my money on Bobby.

I almost wanted to fast forward through the Brendan parts I feel so bad for him.

Why would he help frame up Steven Avery if he isn't guilty or at least involved?

On 10/30/2018 at 10:50 PM, deech said:

I don't disagree that the blood is hard to explain away and while Zellner has a creative theory, I just don't know that I fully explain away the blood.  The lack of any mixing of the blood though is equally as perfect for that to have occurred with no planting.

huh? you rape a girl, slit her throat, shoot her in the head twice, and load her into a vehicle, and *none* of your respective blood gets mixed? Exsqueeze me? That's impossible. 

Also, how on earth can anyone be more caught up on "how did the blood get there?" than the fact that NONE of the blood stains match the alleged crime? well let's see, how did the blood get there? i dunno, maybe it was the same people who have railroaded this guy once before and who have Steven Avery's blood in their possession? Ya think?  There's one mystery solved.

Beyond that, that fat fuck Kratz sat up there in front of all those tv cameras at his press conference, and he double and tripled down in the court room when he described in horrific detail the absolutely gruesome crime which was allegedly committed by steven avery and brendan dassey. they tied her up, she fought back very very hard until her last breath, they sliced her throat in the bedroom, and they shot her in the head in the garage. That's what you all say Steven Avery did. Or at kratz in your mind you aren't convinced he didn't do it. 

Where is the evidence?!?! Where are the pools of blood in the bedroom, the trail of blood from the bedroom to the garage, the blood spatter from the two gun shots to the head...where is it?!?! We have some random little blood spots in the back of the car and a couple of smudges in the front? that's it? 

People...this is absolutely insane. Use your head- Basic common sense proves beyond a fraction of a doubt that this crime did not happen. You don't have to be Olivia Benson to know that Theresa Halbach would have had both men's DNA under her fingernails had they gang raped her while she fiercely fought back as Fat Fuck Kratz insists happened. There would be massive amounts of blood in the bedroom, the hallway, and the garage. Both men would have scratches and cuts and bruises from Ms.Halbach fighting back. The garage would have blood spatter from the gunshots and a sizeable pool of blood from the two shots to the head. And there would certainly be a trail of blood from that point to the RAV 4, where more than a couple fucking random, tiny, perfectly circular blood spots would be found. 

y'all, dead serious- you can't be going around acting like you think avery might have done this. you can't. you don't even need to be smarter than your average Avery family member to see that none of this shit adds up. none of it. I know that there some people out there who believe that people like police and judges are beyond reproach, but this ain't that. This crime did not happen. Period.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

huh? you rape a girl, slit her throat, shoot her in the head twice, and load her into a vehicle, and *none* of your respective blood gets mixed? Exsqueeze me? That's impossible. 

Also, how on earth can anyone be more caught up on "how did the blood get there?" than the fact that NONE of the blood stains match the alleged crime? well let's see, how did the blood get there? i dunno, maybe it was the same people who have railroaded this guy once before and who have Steven Avery's blood in their possession? Ya think?  There's one mystery solved.

Beyond that, that fat fuck Kratz sat up there in front of all those tv cameras at his press conference, and he double and tripled down in the court room when he described in horrific detail the absolutely gruesome crime which was allegedly committed by steven avery and brendan dassey. they tied her up, she fought back very very hard until her last breath, they sliced her throat in the bedroom, and they shot her in the head in the garage. That's what you all say Steven Avery did. Or at kratz in your mind you aren't convinced he didn't do it. 

Where is the evidence?!?! Where are the pools of blood in the bedroom, the trail of blood from the bedroom to the garage, the blood spatter from the two gun shots to the head...where is it?!?! We have some random little blood spots in the back of the car and a couple of smudges in the front? that's it? 

People...this is absolutely insane. Use your head- Basic common sense proves beyond a fraction of a doubt that this crime did not happen. You don't have to be Olivia Benson to know that Theresa Halbach would have had both men's DNA under her fingernails had they gang raped her while she fiercely fought back as Fat Fuck Kratz insists happened. There would be massive amounts of blood in the bedroom, the hallway, and the garage. Both men would have scratches and cuts and bruises from Ms.Halbach fighting back. The garage would have blood spatter from the gunshots and a sizeable pool of blood from the two shots to the head. And there would certainly be a trail of blood from that point to the RAV 4, where more than a couple fucking random, tiny, perfectly circular blood spots would be found. 

y'all, dead serious- you can't be going around acting like you think avery might have done this. you can't. you don't even need to be smarter than your average Avery family member to see that none of this shit adds up. none of it. I know that there some people out there who believe that people like police and judges are beyond reproach, but this ain't that. This crime did not happen. Period.

That was my point.  The blood to fall the way it did with Avery's in the front only and Hahlbachs only in the back so perfectly casts doubt on the validity of the blood evidence.  I'm with you, but I do think that the blood in the sink explanation is a load of crap.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deech said:

That was my point.  The blood to fall the way it did with Avery's in the front only and Hahlbachs only in the back so perfectly casts doubt on the validity of the blood evidence.  I'm with you, but I do think that the blood in the sink explanation is a load of crap.

ah, gotcha. i think i misread it.

City Cops are just as dumb as County. Manitowoc FB post. 

Since the release of the Netflix Series regarding the Steven Avery cases, the City of Manitowoc is receiving phone calls, emails, Facebook posts/messages, texts, etc. mistakenly naming the City of Manitowoc (and it's police department) as handling the Avery Cases. These cases involved the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office and occurred in their jurisdiction. They did not happen in the City of Manitowoc. However, people from around the nation and world, are likely searching the internet and lumping the city in with the county. 

Anyone commenting about these cases involving Steven Avery may be directing their opinion to the wrong law enforcement agency. All of the cases referenced in the Netflix series were the jurisdiction of the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office. The incidents occurred outside of the City of Manitowoc. The Manitowoc Police Department does not have any jurisdiction outside of the City of Manitowoc. Steven Avery did not live in the City of Manitowoc.

The Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office and the Manitowoc Police Department are two separate law enforcement agencies. Also, the City of Manitowoc does not oversee the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office. Therefore, any positive or negative comments about the Netflix series directed to the City of Manitowoc concerning the Avery cases may be directed at the incorrect agency.

While the "documentary" has been produced to create an emotional response, it has not provided a balanced portrayal of Mr. Avery's life prior to him entering prison nor the evidence from the Halbach assault and murder. I hope you will continue to review more information concerning these crimes and resist the temptation of having tunnel vision by believing the marketing of one film maker’s opinion as gospel. 

Our local City of Manitowoc Police Department strives to adapt and evolve as a professional organization while reducing crime and providing critical and protective services for everyone. We accomplish this through optimizing strong community partnerships, strategic planning, continuous training, and the most effective use of our available resources. The mission of the City of Manitowoc Police Department is: We are committed to providing excellent police service and an unrelenting pursuit of justice, while maintaining order and securing a safe environment for everyone. 

Thank you for voicing your concern and for taking the time to contact us. 

Sincerely,
Chief Nick Reimer

While we have nothing to do with this case, let us go ahead and say the Netflix series was BS and Avery & Dassey are guilty, 

Why post that? Idiots 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Goo Punch said:

Who is y'all? And calm the fuck down, motherfucker. Do you have to Derka up every thread you post on? Jfc

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Iirc, there is zero evidence for rape, slit throat, or shots to the head comes from the confession not based on physical evidence.

It is possible I missed some stuff, but did they positively identify the remains and cause of death?

I guess they thought burning the body would take care of all of that, and the fact that they had control over all of the evidence. 

Whether or not Avery killed Halbach can be debated.  I think it's highly unlikely he did, but you can't ever know for sure unless someone comes out and confesses to it. 

What isn't up for debate is the following:

Dassey didn't do shit.  He was coerced into giving the cops the story they wanted to hear.  Nothing he said made any fucking sense until the cops fed him information and then had him spit it back out at them.  They had zero physical evidence Dassey was involved with Halbach's murder. 

Dassey had completely ineffective council.  His lawyer was a fucking moron and was actively fucking him over.

There was evidence planted, manipulated, and withheld all to make sure Avery went down for the crime. 

Dassey was convicted on a confession that told a story of a lady being tied up, raped, throat cut, disemboweled, and then shot in the head.  Avery was convicted on an entirely different story.  So the State doesn't even have a coherent and sane story backed by evidence.  According to them, this lady was killed two different ways.

The State had motive to make sure Avery went down for the crime.  Several million motives. 

The authorities never once considered anyone else for the crime.  Halbach had a creepy ex-boyfriend that was never a suspect.  There are a horde of other people that live out on the Avery property.  None of them were even slightly looked at as suspects (besides bamboozling Brendan Dassey to help them convict Steven Avery).  Not even the guy who lived right next to Steven who had child porn, murder porn, and tons of pics of dead women on his computer. 

I think it'd be nice to know who actually killed Halbach, but really that's not the point of all of this.  The point is that two guys got fucking railroaded by corrupt, small town authorities and then the entire State judicial apparatus just said fuck it, we don't care and decided to let both of these guys sit in prison.  The cornerstone of our judicial system is that you're supposed to get a fair trial.  Neither Dassey or Avery got that.  Even if they both committed the crime exactly BOTH ways Ken Kratz says they did (hint: they didn't), they should walk because of all the misconduct.

• Like 2

I like how there is a recognized expert in blood spatter.  And a separate person who is the foremost expert in burning bodies.

And their job seems kinda fun -- testing blood spattering scenarios to confirm the patterns.

Also I like how Dassey's dad is wearing a John Cena shirt in every photo.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, pepper brooks said:

If anyone wants to read the motions filed on his behalf you can find them here.  

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/

at a minumim the post conviction relief is worth the read.  Reading the story Kratz spun, and knowing the evidence simply does not back any of it up is a tragic application of the justice system.  I absolutely believe avery is capable of this sort of crime.  I am also 100% convinced they didn't prove he did it during this trial.  

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Motion-for-Post-Conviction-Relief.pdf

Finished the series and then read 221 pages of the motion for post conviction relief. A lot in there they don’t cover in the series. Very interesting read. Spoiler alert: she makes a case for Ryan Hillegas as the killer. And has anyone tracked down the white Jeep?

18 hours ago, McFly said:

Finished the series and then read 221 pages of the motion for post conviction relief. A lot in there they don’t cover in the series. Very interesting read. Spoiler alert: she makes a case for Ryan Hillegas as the killer. And has anyone tracked down the white Jeep?

Is that Bobby’s vehicle?  If so, it has been crushed and disposed of according to zellner.