NCAA Week 9

NowThis

thoughts

I know Iowa state is a decent team,  but them being 3.5 point favs seems like a weird line.

Tech has destroyed Kstate, Kansas, okie state  and they gave WV a run for their money. 

Oregon at -9.5 vs Arizona kinda seems like a damn good play.  I know its at Arizona, but summy's teams kinda suck. 

Army  +2 seems like a good ML choice. 

Oregon State +24 also seems like the right play vs Colorado

I'm really not crazy about anything this week.  My money play has been Alabama 1st half line but they arent playing.  They have covered every week.  I could see some upsets this week.  UCLA is improved and getting 10.5 at home.  Utah is best team in pac 12 but that's not saying much.  I like Vitginia Tech.  I like UH to end USF's run and cover the 7.  I'll prob bet TX bc its TX and they should win.  They should run all over that defense

Houston -7  Fading Charlah and that undisciplined team on the road.  They somehow allowed UConn to stay within a score and prior to that (again, somehow) escaped a mediocre Tulsa team.

Purdue ML  Playing with confidence and Sparty just lost its Super Bowl.  11 AM kick in East Lansing, will be a lifeless crowd.   Perfect opportunity for Boilers. 

Any thoughts on the games tonight?  I like Ga Southern +8.5 vs App State as a Thurs night home dog in a rivalry game.  I'm also tempted by Baylor +13.5 vs WVU because those two always seem to play each other close.

Edited by Xcalibur

1 hour ago, Xcalibur said:

Any thoughts on the games tonight?  I like Ga Southern +8.5 vs App State as a Thurs night home dog in a rivalry game.  I'm also tempted by Baylor +13.5 vs WVU because those two always seem to play each other close.

WV coming off a bye. I am staying away.

So far I have:

WVU -14 (I haven't won a Thursday night pick yet...)

Wazzu +3 (the only power 5 team that has covered every game this year so I'm gonna keep rolling with it)

Texas -3.5 

UCLA +10.5 (two game win streak on the line)

USC -6 

Oregon -9.5.

added:

Toledo +4.5

Iowa +6

Virginia Tech -3.5

Last weekend a Vegas insider tweeted some picks on Saturday during game day.  I had a couple of the same pick so I took his advice on a few more I was clueless about including Purdue ML.  They all hit leading to my best week this year. I wish I could find that tweet... 

Edited by SDG
added

Texas A&M +1.5  I faded Miss. State heavily last weekend as they continue to be one of the easiest teams in the country to defend. It's Nick Fitzgerald run right, run left and then throw a pick.  He's simply atrocious in the air.  And if they had something behind him that QB would have been playing long ago. A&M and is off a bye will be able to move the ball enough to win this.

11 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

I also like La Tech +3.5 and La Tech moneyline.  Why aren't they favored?  FAU is still receiving too much credit this year for last season's performance.

Just rolled my winnings from last night into la tech ml and Miami -4.

la tech good, miami bad...

edit: quoted dude was right. 

Edited by SDG

As soon as they announced speight was their guy last night I texted my buddies to put it all on Utah. Weird part was he played half decent but his WRs suck, but overall he is so far removed from being a leader any defecit and they would be toast. 

Edited by bluto

On 10/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

went with these

Tx tech +3.5

tx state -3

UMass -5  (vs UConn)

and 4 ML bets because the lines were close anyways

Army ML

UNLV ML

Wyoming ML

MINN  ML

4-2-1  but up 2.2 units for the day due to the ML wins. 

still down about 11 units for the year. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

I hate everything about Missouri. Everything. Always have, and this goes back to the Pinkel days.

That was the worse closure of a game that I've ever seen. 5 minutes left, up 14-3, you punt and essentially wave a guy, from 70 yards, into the end zone. I mean, a fucking corpse could have found the end zone on that. It was that bad . The Missouri defenders may as well have been having a picnic, they showed that much interest. You then have another vaginal 3 and out. And proceed to allow a completely inept offense to go 81 yards to score the go ahead TD, including a 4th down score to win the game.

I hate Missouri, over and over.