What's the Foo up to?

Biff Tannen

So on Wednesday, I stopped in River Market Antiques in Kansas City around 3 in the afternoon. Very quiet scene on that street. 

As I walked up to the store, I noticed a guy sitting alone on the steps tapping away on his cell phone. Long hair, shorts, t-shirt, wearing a mask. Just a normal guy on the street. I couldn't believe, though, how much the guy looked like Dave Grohl. I actually did a legit double take. 

Later in the store, this fella walked by me and I said 'Dude, it's amazing how much you look like Dave Grohl'. He says 'No shit?' and pulls his mask to the side. It was actually him. What are the odds of bumping into a guy like that at an antique store in Kansas City? 

I stole a pic from the company website. Not me.....some dude that works there. 

spacer.png

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

that is so fucking cool.

Absolutely.  The thing is, she's actually GOOD.  Not "good for a kid", just GOOD.  Her tempo is steady, her fills and transitions are dead on, and she does those staggered crash/splash parts in the chorus perfectly.

I can't imagine that's a very easy song to play, the disco hihat part looks exhausting.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I couldn’t make it past this. I want to stab this author. This may be the most horribly written paragraph in the history of paragraphs. 

Kurt Cobain, actual guy, Grohl’s friend, bandmate, and one-time slovenly roommate (complete with a pet turtle that kept the drummer up at night tapping on its terrarium), was long ago transfigured into a legend, a tragedy, a face on a T-shirt. Shortly after Cobain’s death, Grohl escaped to rural Ireland, only to freak out at the sight of Kurt’s face on some kid’s torso. Even his eldest daughter, Violet, a talented singer and Nirvana fan, asks him about Kurt; recently, she wanted to know if he was shy. These days, Grohl just drops the name when he feels like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave is the coolest mofo ever.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/dave-grohl-throne-seattle-bass-player-darin-wall-greyhawk/281-cbe060ec-e9a2-4e1b-9cb5-1745ccf27c82?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

TL/DR.  Seattle musician got shot in the leg during a gig; Dave sent the "Throne" so the dude can keep playing shows. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 2:24 PM, Gil Bang said:

Dave is the coolest mofo ever.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/dave-grohl-throne-seattle-bass-player-darin-wall-greyhawk/281-cbe060ec-e9a2-4e1b-9cb5-1745ccf27c82?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

TL/DR.  Seattle musician got shot in the leg during a gig; Dave sent the "Throne" so the dude can keep playing shows. 

I know it's been said like a million times, but it's worth repeating. Dave Grohl lives his life like he knows he's the luckiest guy on the planet and just goes about spreading joy.

Just an awesome, awesome dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, BERT said:

Has anybody read Dave's book? I bout the audio book which is pretty cool hearing him tell his stories. Very Very good. Learned a lot of him. Seems like a good and cool dude. 

bought. i bought the audio book you stupid no spelling idiot. 

2 hours ago, BERT said:

Has anybody read Dave's book? I bout the audio book which is pretty cool hearing him tell his stories. Very Very good. Learned a lot of him. Seems like a good and cool dude. 

Posted awhile back in the book thread. It’s a great listen. Very appreciative of all he has and his experiences. 

53 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Posted awhile back in the book thread. It’s a great listen. Very appreciative of all he has and his experiences. 

And says it’s mostly dumb luck lol

like losing your wallet in at a gas station and 10yrs later in another gas station the owners daughter works at ask if you’re Dave Grohl and said her parents still have his wallet haha

Too bad too, he never did get to party with the Abbott brothers in the Clubhouse 

• Hook 'Em 1

Foos are playing an outdoor venue in Big Sky next August that only holds 5000 people. They had a pre-sale on Nov 30th and I was able to get 5 tickets as Christmas presents for me, my wife, my son, his wife, and our daughter.

The rest of the ticket sales went live today (Dec 3rd) and sold out within an hour. Lots of people are bitching on the venue's Facebook page about scalpers buying them all up. They are going for more than $2000 each on Stubhub right now! With all the fees, ours wound up "only" being $200 each.

Now my daughter is only 9 years old...so I've given a little thought to selling her ticket and pocketing a grand while the four of us watch a great concert for free. But I also think it's cool as hell that a 9 yr old little girl loves the Foo Fighters and has been begging me to take her to see them ever since she learned last year that my son and I went to see them in Billings in 2017 (we told her we were going to a football game at the time). So I don't think I could bring myself to sell it.

Edited by Burt

4 hours ago, Burt said:

Foos are playing an outdoor venue in Big Sky next August that only holds 5000 people. They had a pre-sale on Nov 30th and I was able to get 5 tickets as Christmas presents for me, my wife, my son, his wife, and our daughter.

The rest of the ticket sales went live today (Dec 3rd) and sold out within an hour. Lots of people are bitching on the venue's Facebook page about scalpers buying them all up. They are going for more than $2000 each on Stubhub right now! With all the fees, ours wound up "only" being $200 each.

Now my daughter is only 9 years old...so I've given a little thought to selling her ticket and pocketing a grand while the four of us watch a great concert for free. But I also think it's cool as hell that a 9 yr old little girl loves the Foo Fighters and has been begging me to take her to see them ever since she learned last year that my son and I went to see them in Billings in 2017 (we told her we were going to a football game at the time). So I don't think I could bring myself to sell it.

Don't sell.

5 hours ago, Burt said:

Fuck no dude, she’ll love it.  And if it’s her first concert ever, what bragging rights for her. 

My wife was trying to sell me on going to this one. Apparently there’s a nice resort right there in walking distance. Should be a cool experience

• 4 weeks later...

Probably already posted -- hell, I probably already responded to that post, and I'm repeating myself -- but this just popped up on a YouTube deep dive. 

I remain convinced Taylor Hawkins is the best drummer in rock.  Holy shit, listen to that back beat.  JUST behind the 2 and 4, tasty flams, flawless fills, power and groove for days, masterful tempo changes.  Damn.  The whole band derives their power from him first.  Don't fire that dude, Dave, you'll never recover.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Probably already posted -- hell, I probably already responded to that post, and I'm repeating myself -- but this just popped up on a YouTube deep dive. 

I remain convinced Taylor Hawkins is the best drummer in rock.  Holy shit, listen to that back beat.  JUST behind the 2 and 4, tasty flams, flawless fills, power and groove for days, masterful tempo changes.  Damn.  The whole band derives their power from him first.  Don't fire that dude, Dave, you'll never recover.

What are the odds dave would find a drummer better than himself?  Pretty awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1