What's the Foo up to?

Biff Tannen

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy just texted me.  Dave and Family were on his flight that just landed at LAX from LHR.  Dave and Wife in 1st.  Kids, including Violet, in Business with my buddy.  Buddy says Dave was chatting up the crew, taking selfies, acting like the generally cool dude we all expect.  Came back a few times mid-flight to check on his kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 9:55 PM, Fastbreak said:

I’m halfway through Dave’s Storyteller book. It’s been great so far.

It was extremely "Dave Grohl" in all ways, IMO.  Entertaining as hell, charming, endearing, but never quite pulling the curtain all the way back to the bone.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, Gil Bang said:

A buddy just texted me.  Dave and Family were on his flight that just landed at LAX from LHR.  Dave and Wife in 1st.  Kids, including Violet, in Business with my buddy.  Buddy says Dave was chatting up the crew, taking selfies, acting like the generally cool dude we all expect.  Came back a few times mid-flight to check on his kids. 

Cool story and also kinda funny that a guy worth 9 figures won't splurge for first class seats for his kids. 

Had a buddy stay at a Cabo resort same time as Dave and his wife and said he was cool as shit, drinking margaritas poolside with them. 

Also this is pretty funny 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to a show tonight and a guy ducks in front of me on his way to the bar.  I think wow, is that, and watch him.  Guy standing at the bar recognizes him and shakes his hand, bartender hands the guy a drink, no charge without acknowledging him, and then the guy ducks back in front of me.  He's two people over in front of me by himself, bobbing his head--it's dark. I can't stop staring, because it's damn strange.  People on either side of him are videoing the stage with their cell phones while Dave Grohl is standing next to them.  He leaves after a couple of songs and his drink is tapped, puts on his mask and fist bumps a lady working at the door on the way out.  I see her later when I'm leaving and ask and she confirms it was Dave.  Four people, counting me in the whole place recognized him, and two worked there. He's a part owner of the Black Cat so it's probably not a thing, but was for me and now I have a dull Dave Grohl story. No picts so didn't happen.  

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Went to a show tonight and a guy ducks in front of me on his way to the bar.  I think wow, is that, and watch him.  Guy standing at the bar recognizes him and shakes his hand, bartender hands the guy a drink, no charge without acknowledging him, and then the guy ducks back in front of me.  He's two people over in front of me by himself, bobbing his head--it's dark. I can't stop staring, because it's damn strange.  People on either side of him are videoing the stage with their cell phones while Dave Grohl is standing next to them.  He leaves after a couple of songs and his drink is tapped, puts on his mask and fist bumps a lady working at the door on the way out.  I see her later when I'm leaving and ask and she confirms it was Dave.  Four people, counting me in the whole place recognized him, and two worked there. He's a part owner of the Black Cat so it's probably not a thing, but was for me and now I have a dull Dave Grohl story. No picts so didn't happen.  

Our Black Cat?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...