2019 ATH Peyton Powell

texifornia

• 8 months later...
22 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Not broken. I don't even remember the guy really- just saw a few posts about being a LB from when he first committed.

Texas wanted him as an athlete who could wind up at DB or WR. He's got terrific, possibly elite, quickness or speed. I don't remember which. He lied to Texas about taking the Baylor visit. It pissed the staff off and they pulled his offer. He claimed he didn't lose his offer, but instead chose Baylor because he'd play QB. 

This guy is someone that I would prefer to see go somewhere not on the UT future schedules. He might wind up being nothing, but he's got the physical make-up to play for anyone. Look west, young man. Arizona or Arizona State, perhaps. Maybe Utah or UCLA. Something like that.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fud said:

Powell’s testing athleticism never showed up on hudl

Also, this is why you can’t lie to prospects about where you’re going to play them anymore. They’ll portal at the first chance 

It's also why mental evals have gotten even more important. Powell hits the portal. Meanwhile, in Austin, Roschon Johnson is going to the coaching staff telling them and his teammates that he'll do whatever is best for the team, he just wants to help.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's also why mental evals have gotten even more important. Powell hits the portal. Meanwhile, in Austin, Roschon Johnson is going to the coaching staff telling them and his teammates that he'll do whatever is best for the team, he just wants to help.

Yep. This is what makes Bijan Robinson such a special find at RB.   I really like his film and he looks like an obvious take no matter what, but it's the kid's attitude that really stands out -- there just aren't that many guys out there whose work ethic, love for the game, respect for his teammates and coaches, etc. just pours off the page with every word written about him.

Meanwhile, we've got Powell here who has all the talent in the world, and nothing to show for it.

8 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I assume Tech will be picking him up soon...

8 hours ago, RabidM said:

Aren't there still in conference transfer rules? 

He should go to a JuCo this semester and then transfer in the spring. (If that's allowed.)

Or just transfer out west as has been mentioned.

Baylor meltdown, with some recruiting complaints

Won’t long cat the quote, but wtf? They’re STILL wishing they had Briles? Because highly rated recruits never left? Can’t imagine why that would be.

To any of you despicable Briles-apologists who are reading this board and share that opinion, you are not a good person. You are not a Christian. You are a disgrace to everything you claim to believe in
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Won’t long cat the quote, but wtf? They’re STILL wishing they had Briles? Because highly rated recruits never left? Can’t imagine why that would be.

To any of you despicable Briles-apologists who are reading this board and share that opinion, you are not a good person. You are not a Christian. You are a disgrace to everything you claim to believe in

Not sure if unklphucker ever made it to this board after he was crowd sourced from TOS. 

15 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I assume Tech will be picking him up soon...

Will be interesting.  He liked Tech and probably visited 8 times or so.  TT would never tell him he was a qb though.

With soph. Alan Bowman,  freshman Maverick McIvor,  2020 commitment Donavan Smith in the fold, as well as a likely 2021 commitment from Behren Morton, it wouldn't appear he's going to be playing qb there.

He's got to be willing to bite the DB or WR bullet if he wants to stay close to home.  I'll be surprised if he does.

20 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I'm not a Christian, or any religion for that matter, but I am a human being. And Briles apologists are disgraces to human beings everywhere.

15 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Will be interesting.  He liked Tech and probably visited 8 times or so.  TT would never tell him he was a qb though....

He's got to be willing to bite the DB or WR bullet if he wants to stay close to home.  I'll be surprised if he does.

He's already bitten the bullet and accepted the WR position, he just wanted the opportunity to fight for playing time and Baylor was going to redshirt him... so he's said "Fuck you!"

And now he'll have to redshirt no matter where he transfers to.

Edited by Napoleon

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

He's already bitten the bullet and accepted the WR position, he just wanted the opportunity to fight for playing time and Baylor was going to redshirt him... so he's said "Fuck you!"  And now he'll have to redshirt no matter where he transfers to.

giphy.gif

Aubrey is curious...

If he transfers, it's not considered using a redshirt year while he sits out the 2019 season right??

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He's already bitten the bullet and accepted the WR position, he just wanted the opportunity to fight for playing time and Baylor was going to redshirt him... so he's said "Fuck you!"

And now he'll have to redshirt no matter where he transfers to.

The change to WR was a bitter pill for him to swallow.  All I'm suggesting is if he's interested in TT at all, he's going to have to be willing to do it again.  Kind of like Baylor did, I suspect he'll have suitors telling him they'll give him a shot at QB.  

Yeah, to transfer because you don't want redshirt kind of defeats the purpose.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, SquishMitten said:

not that i disagree with the statement. 

but Kethcum sock identified.