Suspicious packages all over the place

SmokeyTheBear

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Based on the targets and timing there’s a high probability the person(s) responsible for this follows the Qanon conspiracy theory.

Wow you reached the intended conclusion in record timing! How would some group be sophisticated enough to simultaneously get 8-10 bombs to high-profile leftist targets while also being incompetent enough to not have a single one go off? They were supposedly cell phone activated? 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

So current options for this are:

1) Right wing lunatic sending bombs to all the boogeymen and women that Fox News and Trump talk about.  Logic?  None, but nuts don't work on logic.  

2) Left Wing conspiracy (given the bombs didn't explode) meant to endear sympathy for Democratic leaders and to encourage people to vote because Republicans are dangerous.  Logic? Not a lot and take a pretty big tin foil hat and cynical view to think this is possible.

3) Russians/Chinese behind these specifically to promote more discord since the above 2 possibilities are what partisans are going to believe.

Ima gonna go with #3.

Can't wait to see what evidence is found and released to the public from the investigation. 

I don't see how #1 could occur, unless it was a group of right wing lunatics, since a lone wolf would be dumb to try and get these through the mail, and set them off with a phone at the right time.

#2 would be political suicide if they did it sloppily enough to get caught

#3 does seem like it could be potentially the case. They make it look like a right-winger lunatic mailed these packages out, then had operatives in the different places hand deliver. It doesn't have to just be Russian or Chinese though, it could be a non state group.

The CNN package photographed wasn't sent though the mail, the stamps weren't cancelled and the package wasn't post-marked.

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Based on the targets and timing there’s a high probability the person(s) responsible for this follows the Qanon conspiracy theory.

What is that theory?  I'm not reading your thread in CR and I know you are intimately awar......wait, Hugo, what have you done?!?! 

HS: "Babysdaddy, it couldn't be me, I just pointed it out....that would be so stupid to implicate myself!"  

BD: "Yeah Hugo, that's what Sharon Stone said in Basic Instinct and at the end she was holding the knife."

All sarcasm Surly.  I am curious about the theory but am not reading that thread

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Can't wait to see what evidence is found and released to the public from the investigation. 

I don't see how #1 could occur, unless it was a group of right wing lunatics, since a lone wolf would be dumb to try and get these through the mail, and set them off with a phone at the right time.

#2 would be political suicide if they did it sloppily enough to get caught

#3 does seem like it could be potentially the case. They make it look like a right-winger lunatic mailed these packages out, then had operatives in the different places hand deliver. It doesn't have to just be Russian or Chinese though, it could be a non state group.

The CNN package photographed wasn't sent though the mail, the stamps weren't cancelled and the package wasn't post-marked.

Cancelled stamps are a thing of the past for larger and odd sized envelopes.

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

Why haven't they used the Terrorism word?   Mailing bombs all over America and targeting government officials?  I wonder...

Halfway surprised the Prez didn't use that Presidential Emergency Tweeter and send an alert to every cell phone in America.

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

CR thread is that way Pancho ------------------->

A thread about politicians being mailed bombs has a 0% chance of being non-CR. I want to take this oppurtunity to say that we should declare war on Florids tomorrow.

Yesterday, October 24th...

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Wow you reached the intended conclusion in record timing! How would some group be sophisticated enough to simultaneously get 8-10 bombs to high-profile leftist targets while also being incompetent enough to not have a single one go off? They were supposedly cell phone activated? 

I concluded nothing.  I presented my suspicion based on evidence and context clues.  

We still don’t know why that guy shot up a pizza parlor where Hillary was supposedly operating a child sex trafficking ring.

• Like 1

What the clues point to so far:

1. Knows how to address and send physical mail----> Person is 30+ years old

2. Addresses are all caps--->Person is 60+ tears old

3. Addresses show genetic inability to spell or proofread---->Person has engineering background

4. Used non-padded envelope---->Person has no consideration for fellow humans

5. Sent a pipe bomb---->See #4

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

What the clues point to so far:

1. Knows how to address and send physical mail----> Person is 30+ years old

2. Addresses are all caps--->Person is 60+ tears old

3. Addresses show genetic inability to spell or proofread---->Person has engineering background

4. Used non-padded envelope---->Person has no consideration for fellow humans

5. Sent a pipe bomb---->See #4

Oh great, it's one of my older brothers. FML.

So do the conspiracy theorists in his thread also believe 9-11 was an inside job?  What about the moon landing?  What are in those chem trails?

Trying to evaluate what level of conspiracy theorists we've got going here before I engage.  Because I've got some ideas on who killed Kennedy...

Edited by Monster

30 minutes ago, Zavala said:

giphy.gif

In Russia, bomb calls you

3 minutes ago, Monster said:

So do the conspiracy theorists in his thread also believe 9-11 was an inside job?  What about the moon landing?  What are in those chem trails?

Trying to evaluate what level of conspiracy theorists we've got going here before I engage.  Because I've got some ideas on who killed Kennedy...

Just look into it bro. Cute magna avatar btw.

maxresdefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

Well how many gov't officials were in the Twin Towers?   That doesn't matter...  this is a terrorist attack on US soil.

So were  several mass shootings and murders committed by Islamic extremists that were labeled “Workplace Violence” by our former Organizer in Chief.   

Edited by Trey3216

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

Well how many gov't officials were in the Twin Towers?   That doesn't matter...  this is a terrorist attack on US soil.

Define terrorist attack? 

What evidence have you seen that supports that claim? 

Remember, in the twin towers, it took a whole 45 mins. to go from accidental plane crash or bomb to 100% sure it's Osama Bin Laden.

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I have an old Mosin-Nagant I have never fired, so I guess it is sort of a wood/steel sculpture instead of a gun.

I have my doubts about our nuclear weapons stockpile too. How do we know they'll work? Need to cook some off ever now and agin.

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Who's bright idea was it to take a picture of that homemade dildo? I open a package with what looks to be a pipe bomb, I'm not sticking around long enough to take a selfie.

unless you made it and you know exactly what it is.  

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Define terrorist attack? 

What evidence have you seen that supports that claim? 

Remember, in the twin towers, it took a whole 45 mins. to go from accidental plane crash or bomb to 100% sure it's Osama Bin Laden.

"The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against individuals or property in an attempt to coerce or intimidate governments or societies to achieve political, religious or ideological objectives"

seems pretty straight forward

11 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

It is terrorism.   Did these bombs actually work or were they just pipes with wires sticking out?

NYC Police Commissioner James P. O'Neill called the CNN bomb a "live explosive device". I'm seeing these referred to as pipe bombs in most recent reports.

15 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Just look into it bro. Cute magna avatar btw.

My avatar is an oil painting by Michael Hussar, but I understand why a philistine like yourself would assume it's 'magna'   

Just kidding, 'bro'.  I hope we'll be friends.   

What uh...what was the 'it' i was supposed to look into?  Because I've got quite a bit of free time today and I'm ready to do the research.

Edited by Monster

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

unless you made it and you know exactly what it is.  

or maybe you work for a news agency, feel like this may be important news, and have a camera on you all the time(like everyone does), so you pull it out and snap a few pics then move out...  have you ever met a millennial?   

Tom Brokaw refused to get tested for Ricin because he is a bad ass and didn't want to give terrorists the satisfaction of making him cower.   Just like war time reporters, some people risk their lives to provide critical information.  How has this thought not crossed your mind?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Loco said:

"The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against individuals or property in an attempt to coerce or intimidate governments or societies to achieve political, religious or ideological objectives"

seems pretty straight forward

Good now what evidence do you have that supports that definition? What assumptions are you making?