Plug/adapter mismatch

I am looking for a way to match cheaply made Chinese components. 

I have a fog machine, cheaply made in China and with little to no supporting specs or documentation. It has a wireless remote receiver that can be plugged into the main body that allows you to control it with a wireless remote. The connector is a round, 3 pin male plug, as pictured on the left. 

I have a 3rd party component, also cheaply made in China and with little to no supporting specs or documentation. It plugs into a fog machine's female remote receiver plug, and allows you to control the interval and timing of the fog release. Just not mine. You see, this connector is a more traditional 3 pin plug, as pictured on the right. 

I could send my fog machine back and order another one and hope that this one has the right connector, or try to inspect pictures on Amazon to see if they match the connector. But I'm wondering if there might be some way to either find an adapter or just rewire the damn thing. I have done some searching to try to find names of the different types of plugs and I've come up with C14 for the one on the right but coming up empty on the round 3 pin. 

Any help? /Not an electrician /Will be used outdoors so don't care if I start a fire

31669150258_a66bedfa41_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I figured I was going to try that just didn't know what my chances were of it actually working. I guess if it doesn't work I can splice back the original end on so I can use the remote as intended. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Ok. One has a blue, gold, and yellow with green stripe wires. The other has white black and green. Does it matter? 

Guessing yellow with green and green are ground? I have nofa king idea. 

54 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

So you're saying it matters? Ha. I definitely don't have one of those. 

42 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Found this. Rolling with it.

Power Cord Color Codes

BLACK = HOT
WHITE = NEUTRAL
GREEN = GROUND

If you use a computer power cord or other cord based on the international wiring color code:

BROWN = HOT
BLUE = NEUTRAL
GREEN/YELLOW STRIPE = GROUND

This will end in tears.