Non-Fiction Reading Thread

Since I consider Larry McMurtry one of our greatest living Americans, and as such was inspired to be a book collector, I felt like we should have a non-fiction reading thread. Currently I’m reading Pandora’s Box  by Jorn Leonard, which is a WWI history just translated into English by one of Germany’s top historians. I’m also starting on A.G. Hopkins’ American Empire, with high hopes.

• Like 1

I just finished again Jim Lovell's Lost Moon.  I couldn't find my copy so I ordered a new (to me) copy off of Amazon.  When it arrived I opened and what do you know?  It was a signed copy by Jim himself.  I don't know who the hell Sam and Sabrina are, but I'm not giving it back!

3 hours ago, scottonian said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0553447459/

25852784.jpg

This book came highly recommended. About Milwaukee, its status as the most segregated city in modern America and the cycle of poverty that slum lords can perpetuate.

I really enjoyed that one, and Janesville: An American Story, and Glass House in similar books.