Kris Boyd probably should start showing up for meetings

TtomTerrific

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I wish Boyd had played better last night, but its not like he was matched up against some scrub. Dudes been lighting teams up all season.

Boyd was our best option either way.

This is the real problem. Boyd is an NFL athlete. He's not an NFL player....and definitely not an NFL corner. He might get a shot, but he'll be out of the league in short order.

• Like 1

I wish Herman had just PT'd the offending parties to death. That's what stadium stairs are for. Run them until they puke. Holding them out hurts team not them.

This Full Metal Jacket make the platoon suffer for Private Pyle just doesn't work. Hurt the players themselves. That's what PT is for. (Physical Training not Playing Time)

Boyd though is a fucking moron and absolutely cost this team the game. Dumbass.

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Idk I read Imade's tweet at agreeing with Acho and also adding the accusation that said trash player comes to practice under the influence of some funny stuff, which probably means weed.

I guarantee its Hager Acho is bitching about

Interpreting teenagers. Not one of your strong points. This is laughable. 

29 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Did y’all see what he posted on his Instagram story? Lol he’s calling acho our saying he’s not welcomed.

this is what happens when you put mediocre players on all of your football marketing. big heads who think they are better than they really are. acho wasn't a legend here but i'd take his production over some of these "senior leaders" any day of the week.

Acho played in 48 games during his 4-year career at Texas, including 26 starts. As a senior, he was consensus first-team All-Big 12 linebacker (Coaches, AP, Houston Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram). He won the 2010 Arthur Ashe Award, was named to the 2011 AFCA Good Works Team, and was a three-time first-team Academic All-Big 12 selection. He was also a finalist for the 2011 Lott Trophy for college football's Defensive IMPACT Player of the Year, Lowe's Senior CLASS Award and Wuerffel Trophy. He led his team in tackles in 2011 and, over his 4-year career, recorded 278 tackles (159 solo), 41 TFL, eight sacks, seven forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, two INTs, 13 PBU and 26 pressures.

Boyd has a ton of talent and is one good secondary coach away from a decent NFL career, but he needs to actually make it to the league before he starts chirping about the length of football careers. Hell, he might not even make it to the end of this season if he keeps the knuckleheadery up.

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I wish Boyd had played better last night, but its not like he was matched up against some scrub. Dudes been lighting teams up all season.

Boyd was our best option either way.

Don’t disagree with the assessment that he is our best option.  However, I think that is a real problem.

5 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Current players highly dislike Acho.  This is a call out to him for being two-faced when he shows up to practice and is supportive and nice, then turns around and slams players on Twitter.

So he’s suppose to be a sunshine pumper all the time?  He can’t be mad about the team losing and bad performances?  Got it, were in cup cake must be nice always society and everyone must talk with kid gloves.  👍🏻

18 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So he’s suppose to be a sunshine pumper all the time?  He can’t be mad about the team losing and bad performances?  Got it, were in cup cake must be nice always society and everyone must talk with kid gloves.  👍🏻

Nope. But don't go to practices and act all buddy buddy, then post shit during games. If I was Herman I would politely tell Acho to fuck off and not come around the program until he can contain his social media doucheness. Acho craves the social media attention, more than he does anything else in his life.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Nope. But don't go to practices and act all buddy buddy, then post shit during games. If I was Herman I would politely tell Acho to fuck off and not come around the program until he can contain his social media doucheness. Acho craves the social media attention, more than he does anything else in his life.

Boyd doesn't understand accountability...it's why he was late to the meeting. Charlie recruited a bunch of front runners. I can be nice to someone and think they aren't good at what they do. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. If Boyd doesn't want to be criticized, he can show up on time and play better. It's really that simple.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

He calls a kid "trash" and then defends himself with his devotion to "professionalism."  Accountability?  Curb your emotions, Acho. 

It's the 'ol "I call 'em like I see 'em" because I'm a journalist and I cover "other schools" rap.

Fuck off, Manny.  You fucked up and you refuse to own it.

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

He didn't call Boyd trash. He said his play was trash. There's a big difference.

He acts like a classless dipshit who can't get beyond his own emotions and then defends himself with his devotion to his professionalism.  "Trash" as an adjective isn't professional no matter the context.  He needs to stop and own it and move on.  I don't work for ESPN and I get just as frustrated with Boyd as anyone.  But somehow I manage not to attack players personally with infantile outbursts on social media.  Boyd is guilty of peaking in the backfield too often.  Acho is guilty of being an unaccountable windbag.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

It's the 'ol "I call 'em like I see 'em" because I'm a journalist and I cover "other schools" rap.

Fuck off, Manny.  You fucked up and you refuse to own it.

And his inability to own it makes him look incapable of handling criticism and hilariously thin-skinned.  I hope he's aware of the irony as I'm almost positive that he thinks Kris Boyd can't handle criticism. 

Acho isn't wrong.  He's saying the same thing we are.  As senior leaders, they fucking cost this team a loss in a small way by getting suspended for breaking team rules.  He's absolutely right about it.  Him being on a platform where he's supposed to promote the university, he probably should have just vented his frustration privately.  Boyd isn't wrong also.  Seems like Acho is fake to them at the facilities and then bad mouths them publicly.  I'm sure it's pissed the players off.  Regardless, Boyd being a fucking senior should also know better than to have public disputes with former alumni.  Neither is wrong with their feeling/opinion, but both are fucking watermelon retards for fighting publicly like middle school girls.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Then why did he refuse to name him?  And then coyly state "you guys know who it is"?

He's a POS and is riding up front on the Skip Bayless career-in-journalism train.

Because it's Twitter? Anyone expecting anything of substance or nuance from a platform designed for overt simplicity and baiting is only going to be disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Because it's Twitter? Anyone expecting anything of substance or nuance from a platform designed for overt simplicity and baiting is only going to be disappointed. 

Then why is he on Twitter raging about it?  He's trying to be a fan, a "Lifetime Longhorn", and Skip Bayless at the same time.  He fucked up and won't own it because he's a duplicitous media crank working for the clicks and a bigger profile.  Fuck him.

The sidestepping and dodging puts a huge blemish on his "rational football man" angle.  His tantrum puts him more in the second rate, obnoxious sports blowhole category.  Which fortunately for him, will likely fast track his ascent at ESPN in the totally useless and recyclable blowhole rotation. 

13 minutes ago, thestud said:

Boyd is 5'11 190

Acho is 6'2 240

Idgaf who you think can throw hands better, Acho gets a hold of Boyd and his life is over. That being said I'd like to see Omenihu call him out in person, that would be entertaining.

Crazy Gilmer mf vs. private school Dallas ex-player.  Dunno, crazy usually wins these things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boyd is 5'11 190
Acho is 6'2 240

Idgaf who you think can throw hands better, Acho gets a hold of Boyd and his life is over. That being said I'd like to see Omenihu call him out in person, that would be entertaining.

I’ll put my money on Boyd all day long in a street fight with Acho.

46 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Then why is he on Twitter raging about it?  He's trying to be a fan, a "Lifetime Longhorn", and Skip Bayless at the same time.  He fucked up and won't own it because he's a duplicitous media crank working for the clicks and a bigger profile.  Fuck him.

I can agree with what he said without liking the manner in which he did it. At the end of the day, Boyd played like shit. He's played poorly on a consistent basis since he's been here all while beating his chest  You can rail against Acho all you want, but at the end of the day, you're still talking about him...a lot. It pays just as well, if not better, to be hated as it does to be loved. Maybe he's not the idiot.

Actually his biggest mistake was suggesting that a current player is using drugs. Either be the professional you claim you are and address it by speaking with the coaches that you know about it. And before you report it you are giving them a chance to address it. This allows the coaching staff some wiggle room. And allows Acho further access to Texas football. As a reporter you don’t personally engage a player and become part of the fucking story.

By suggesting that a current player is using with innuendo without first talking to the Texas head coach before plastering it on social media is not even close to being professional. It’s being a hot take no journalism hack.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I can agree with what he said without liking the manner in which he did it. At the end of the day, Boyd played like shit. He's played poorly on a consistent basis since he's been here all while beating his chest  You can rail against Acho all you want, but at the end of the day, you're still talking about him...a lot. It pays just as well, if not better, to be hated as it does to be loved. Maybe he's not the idiot.

I criticize Boyd as well.  Frequently.  

But I'm not an ex-player with program access and a media job publicly calling Texas players trash. And then not owning it because he's too much of a pussy, instead tweeting his Longhorn creds and saying he treats players at all schools he covers the same way.  But he never calls them trash.  

I never paid any attention to Acho before this weekend, but chose this event to criticize him for his words.  Because he fucking deserves the criticism. 

• Like 1