Kris Boyd probably should start showing up for meetings

TtomTerrific

Hell, it’s been just 2 years and almost everyone has forgotten about D’Onta Foreman who was one of the top 3-4 RBs to play here...ever. 
Winning really matters when it comes to being remembered I guess. 
Im a big D’onta fan, but I’ll disagree with you as far as top 4. Winning matters a lot though.
No doubt, I said that above. I mean shutting out former players from coming back can set a bad precedent the way former players were alienated by mackovic in the 90s. But if it's just the one player for a specific reason being shut out until there is time to deal with the issue then the precedent issue should be able to be avoided.

Herman seems to have quite a few former players around. Heck, I think he had a few around during the off-season and Huff is on staff. If he bans Acho for the season, and I think he should for at least that long, then it will have a very real reason.

Social media is the bane of western civilization.

Acho should not have used the term trash.  That is unprofessional and especially unnecessary considering he played for Texas.

Herman's commented on Boyd's side of this deal today and I liked what he had to say.  Basically, best way to silence a critic is to keep your mouth shut and play better.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, Longboard Horn said:

He’s doing what ESPN is telling him to do. 

Exactly, and if I had a guess he got that message to the right people. He is making good money with the mouse. And I just don’t buy Acho, if for nothing else but pride. Just woke up that morning and decided to speak out against his own. It reeks of just one more piece of the ESPN narrative.

• 3 weeks later...

First penalty, ok, playing  agressive, grabs the facemask, it happens.

2nd, He absolutely cost us that interception.  But who knows, maybe kyle was looking at that wr  and shoulder checking him might have saved a td.

3rd.  Absolutely saved a td.   But a NFL caliber dB turns around and picks that ball off.  

They are picking on him and he hasn't given up a touchdown yet.  I'll trade 15 yards for 7 point all day long.

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

He's going to be good on the NFL. He won't have to cover as long. He's bad when the receiver can twist him up a bit. NFL isn't that.

People don't understand that Orlando leaves him out there on an island with the other team's best receiver. Couple that with the fact we can't get a pass rush and he looks bad. However, he is our best corner.

• Like 3

People don't understand that Orlando leaves him out there on an island with the other team's best receiver. Couple that with the fact we can't get a pass rush and he looks bad. However, he is our best corner.
I understand it, and it still angers me that he constantly gets beat at what seems life the worst possible time.

But yeah... No pass rush.

4 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I understand it, and it still angers me that he constantly gets beat at what seems life the worst possible time.

But yeah... No pass rush.

Yeah, he tends to panic with the ball in the air. I am sure the moment gets to him. Orlando and crew need to switch up the coverage a bit. Maybe roll the looks so teams aren't sure whether he is going to be 1v1 out there.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He looks bad because he is bad.

And yes, he's our best corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Killebrew, final answer.

100% correct.  Big difference though...Boyd gets his actually trying to make a play (as a make-up for getting toasted to begin with) while Killebrew was just a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty machine.  Hell, he's probably the single biggest reason the NCAA has a two unsportsmanlike penalty limit per player/per game.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Seriously.  So many fucking morons on this site.

• Like 2

He will be a damn good NFL corner if he gets matched up with an Earl Thomas type safety. His biggest problem is worrying about fucking up. He spends far to much time trying to pick his poison during the route. Once the receiver starts into his route it is too late. He should have already decided {through communication with the safety} if he is going to take the inside or the post. If he decides the inside, stay on that. If it is the post the safety has to help him over the top should he get beat. Christ guys the receiver knows where he is going, the defender does not.

It is why Sherman took way to much credit for his play. It was Thomas patrolling the top side that scared receivers. They knew they would get bombed if he cane in hot. 

Edited by Hamttx
Clarification

27 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

He will be a damn good NFL corner if he gets matched up with an Earl Thomas type safety. His biggest problem is worrying about fucking up. He spends far to much time trying to pick his poison during the route. Once the receiver starts into his route it is too late. He should have already decided {through communication with the safety} if he is going to take the inside or the post. If he decides the inside, stay on that. If it is the post the safety has to help him over the top should he get beat. Christ guys the receiver knows where he is going, the defender does not.

It is why Sherman took way to much credit for his play. It was Thomas patrolling the top side that scared receivers. They knew they would get bombed if he cane in hot. 

This. Boyd will find a niche in the NFL. It won't be as a lockdown corner, which is what we are basically asking him to be. As a #2 CB or a Nickel with good Safety help he will be a decent NFL player. The less he thinks the better.

• Like 2

No one is denying Boyd is a great athlete but the dude isn’t that smart. Orlando puts him on an island and he’s consistently been beatin in big time moments. Which one could make the case that against big12 offenses it’s hard to do but the PI’s were a problem as well. And giving him a legit safety over the top to help him out in the nfl is so stupid. The nfl is becoming more pass happy and they’re not going to give him a fucking security blanket every play, my god. 

He should of been playing nickel where he can utilize his athleticism, tackling ability and not need to worry about a double move that seems to get him once a game. That’s his best spot in the nfl if anything. 

12 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

No one is denying Boyd is a great athlete but the dude isn’t that smart. Orlando puts him on an island and he’s consistently been beatin in big time moments. Which one could make the case that against big12 offenses it’s hard to do but the PI’s were a problem as well. And giving him a legit safety over the top to help him out in the nfl is so stupid. The nfl is becoming more pass happy and they’re not going to give him a fucking security blanket every play, my god. 

He should of been playing nickel where he can utilize his athleticism, tackling ability and not need to worry about a double move that seems to get him once a game. That’s his best spot in the nfl if anything. 

This post makes no sense. Orlando is putting him on an island and asking him to play off the ball so thy can do a bunch of wizardry with the other 10 defenders. Do you even know how hard it is to play a receiver 1 on 1 in off coverage? Opposing offenses see that and guess where they line up their best receiver? You guessed it, right at Boyd. If you wanna be mad at anyone be mad at Todd Orlando. His defense generates no pass rush and asks a corner to single cover a receiver for 4 to 5 seconds with no safety help. Oklahoma's whole offense was to keep 6 in and take the top off of our defense. They weren't doing anything special and we just let them do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

This post makes no sense. Orlando is putting him on an island and asking him to play off the ball so thy can do a bunch of wizardry with the other 10 defenders. Do you even know how hard it is to play a receiver 1 on 1 in off coverage? Opposing offenses see that and guess where they line up their best receiver? You guessed it, right at Boyd. If you wanna be mad at anyone be mad at Todd Orlando. His defense generates no pass rush and asks a corner to single cover a receiver for 4 to 5 seconds with no safety help. Oklahoma's whole offense was to keep 6 in and take the top off of our defense. They weren't doing anything special and we just let them do it.

No it does make senses. But I guess you are saying that Davis is givin help while he’s leaving Boyd on an island? Yeah I don’t think so. Davis doesn’t have nearly as many penalties when 1-1 with a receiver. You are right, he’s playing off the ball and still gets beat off of a 5yrd stop and go every game. Boyd is continuously thrown at in critical situations either gets beat or is flagged while getting beat or just plain mossed. If you can’t see that opposing teams know that Boyd is weak then you just don’t want to accept that an athlete can have talent out the ass but still suck. 

This isn’t hard. It’s been this way for a long time now. Now, do we need to get a better rush to help them out? Yes. But that’s just an excuse when we had a freackjng freshman get an award, not our “draft pick” senior but our FUCKING FRESHMAN 

edit: I know Boyd got an award but still everyone knows he wasn’t a first team’er. 

Edited by DoneWithit