NCAA Week 10

NowThis

here are my thoughts

as always, looking for feedback

Houston -13.5   they are at SMU, but Houston has scored 40 every game this year. 

Iowa +3    @  perdue,  I think Iowa is a slightly better team.   might just say fuck it and do the ML 

Georgia -9.5   I really dont think KY is that good,  but then again, the Dawgs arent fantastic either

Wazzu -10.5    Cal hasnt played that well, and Wazzu overcame their emotional win next game trap last week

Utah -7    against Az St

Tulsa -17     against Uconn

12 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

here are my thoughts

as always, looking for feedback

Houston -13.5   they are at SMU, but Houston has scored 40 every game this year. 

Iowa +3    @  perdue,  I think Iowa is a slightly better team.   might just say fuck it and do the ML 

Georgia -9.5   I really dont think KY is that good,  but then again, the Dawgs arent fantastic either

Wazzu -10.5    Cal hasnt played that well, and Wazzu overcame their emotional win next game trap last week

Utah -7    against Az St

Tulsa -17     against Uconn

I'm on the Utah train now. Think they roll

Alabama 1H -8.5, Alabama -14  No way you fade them, not sure I trust Burrow in a game this big, while I have complete confidence in Saban and Tua.  I go back to the at NC game last season vs. Georgia and how Tua responded, multiple times, in maximum pressure situations.  Think he thrives in this type game, even in Baton Rouge

Sparty  ML  Agree that you have no choice but to fade Maryland here.  There must be a good portion of players on that team who despise Durkin and I'm quite sure they'll give maximum effort this weekend. 

La Tech +23 Great situational spot,  they're pretty good and MSU off of A&M and Alabama on deck.  I'll continue to be a non-believer in Miss State

Georgia - Waiting for this line to shrink a bit more.  UK can play defense but they are just terrible on offense.  4 days later and I still have no clue how they won this past Saturday.  Georgia with just way too much talent.  

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Alabama 1H -8.5, Alabama -14  No way you fade them, not sure I trust Burrow in a game this big, while I have complete confidence in Saban and Tua.  I go back to the at NC game last season vs. Georgia and how Tua responded, multiple times, in maximum pressure situations.  Think he thrives in this type game, even in Baton Rouge

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Tua vs a really good defense. I get that, but isn't the real story whether or not LSU can do anything against Alabama's defense?  They've scored 82 points total in their last 7 games vs the Tide.

The line would suggest a score of 34-20 Bama. I have a very, very hard time seeing LSU top 20 points. The only scenario is if Alabama is truly just untested and overrated in 2018 and gets exposed and rolled like Georgia in BR.  Anyone want to wager real money on that? I don't.

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Tua vs a really good defense. I get that, but isn't the real story whether or not LSU can do anything against Alabama's defense?  They've scored 82 points total in their last 7 games vs the Tide.

RIght, LSU isn't likely to score much, especially with Burrow at QB.  He's not a big threat to run and that's what has killed Bama in recent years.   A guy who stays in the pocket for the most part is usually toast against Bama.

The concern with any team going into Baton Rouge at night is how you handle the environment and whether you can keep from giving them short fields with turnovers.  Tua has been the best in the country at not only taking care of the ball but also making plays (25 TD passes, zero picks).  That's why I like Bama to cover.  

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

RIght, LSU isn't likely to score much, especially with Burrow at QB.  He's not a big threat to run and that's what has killed Bama in recent years.   A guy who stays in the pocket for the most part is usually toast against Bama.

The concern with any team going into Baton Rouge at night is how you handle the environment and whether you can keep from giving them short fields with turnovers.  Tua has been the best in the country at not only taking care of the ball but also making plays (25 TD passes, zero picks).  That's why I like Bama to cover.  

Bama and under?  

/csb I got to see a night game against my sorry ass Alma mater. First game of the year. Money game. But holy shit, when their band comes on the field.... It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I can't even imagine what those sister fuckers are like for a game like bama /csb

I just think bama might be that fucking good this year. 

13 hours ago, pops said:

Bama and under?  

/csb I got to see a night game against my sorry ass Alma mater. First game of the year. Money game. But holy shit, when their band comes on the field.... It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I can't even imagine what those sister fuckers are like for a game like bama /csb

I just think bama might be that fucking good this year. 

LSU TT looks to be 20.5. I will be on it when it's posted.   Not touching the total overall as Bama's offense is capable of doing about anything.

If you're like me and have been on Urban with a week+ to prepare over the last few years (he's 42-14 ATS in his career), it's that time - Ohio State -17.5

Edited by Wally Pryor

On 11/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, SDG said:

Dare I take Temple and 10.5 tonight?  UCF is going to go down sometime right?  

I took it and lost...

Temple +11.0 (-110)Temple @ Central Florida (#9)1U            

Georgia -9 (-110)(329) Georgia Bulldogs @ (330) Kentucky Wildcats         1U

South Florida -7 (+105)(363) Tulane Green Wave @ (364) South Florida Bulls      1U

Texas -2 (-110)(351) West Virginia Mountaineers @ (352) Texas Longhorns         1U

LSU +14 (-105)(419) Alabama Crimson Tide @ (420) Louisiana State Tigers          1U

Texas Tech +13.5 (-110)(349) Oklahoma Sooners @ (350) Texas Tech Red Raiders           1U

Colorado (+120)(319) Colorado Buffaloes @ (320) Arizona Wildcats          1U

Louisiana Tech +23.5 (-115)(393) Louisiana Tech @ (394) Mississippi State Bulldogs       1U

Michigan State (#15) -2.5 (-110)(347) Michigan ST Spartans @ (348) Maryland Terrapins           2U

Oregon (#19) -10 (-115)(381) Ucla Bruins @ (382) Oregon Ducks   1U

Washington State -10 (-105)(373) California Golden Bears @ (374) Washington ST Cougars       1U (Still undefeated ATS)

I'm still down for the year overall, but have been making a comeback the last couple of weeks.

Not a good start...

Edited by SDG
strike through