Tell Me About West Virginia

GhostofDanJones

Uhh, the state of West Virginia actually got kicked out of the state of Virginia for living on the wrong side of the slopes..? And moonshine is a very popular beverage within the boundries of the state, but most of its peeople move out of state once reaching puberty, as to have a shot at  employment in something besides coalmines...

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Uhh, the state of West Virginia actually got kicked out of the state of Virginia for living on the wrong side of the slopes..? And moonshine is a very popular beverage within the boundries of the state, but most of its peeople move out of state once reaching puberty, as to have a shot at  employment in something besides coalmines...

Not really, the pulled themselves away from Virginia because they wanted to stay in the Union.
15a383c0b7349b.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kopp0e said:

You're a dumb son of a bitch.

West Virginia split from Virginia around the time of the civil war, because Virginia was a slave state and wanted to secede from the Union.  You probably don't remember shit from history class, because it's clear you are of below-average intellect, but that little event led by John Brown called Harper's Ferry?  Yeah, that was Harper's Ferry, Virginia (at the time); it is now Harper's Ferry, West Virginia.

If you want to actually read or think about something interesting (well, not you, kopp0e, but any other functionally literate person on this site), there's a lot of legal scholarship on whether West Virginia is actually a constitutionally-formed state.  Here's the first paper written about it, back in 2002:

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1423&context=californialawreview

Here's a relatively recent Malcolm Gladwell podcast that discusses the issue and infuses some Texas-based intrigue to the issue:

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/21-divide-and-conquer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

West Virginia split from Virginia around the time of the civil war, because Virginia was a slave state and wanted to secede from the Union.  You probably don't remember shit from history class, because it's clear you are of below-average intellect, but that little event led by John Brown called Harper's Ferry?  Yeah, that was Harper's Ferry, Virginia (at the time); it is now Harper's Ferry, West Virginia.

If you want to actually read or think about something interesting (well, not you, kopp0e, but any other functionally literate person on this site), there's a lot of legal scholarship on whether West Virginia is actually a constitutionally-formed state.  Here's the first paper written about it, back in 2002:

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1423&context=californialawreview

Here's a relatively recent Malcolm Gladwell podcast that discusses the issue and infuses some Texas-based intrigue to the issue:

Thanks for your endearment, as what I was posting was meant more as satirical than factual, but thanks for bringing the accuracy...

• Like 3

Just now, kopp0e said:

Thanks for your endearment, as what I was posting was meant more as satirical than factual, but thanks for bringing the accuracy...

This is satire?

Uhh, the state of West Virginia actually got kicked out of the state of Virginia for living on the wrong side of the slopes..?

You're a regular fucking Jonathan Swift.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

e85f72abf8b025d7f7a8df6f39e20ebd.gifc6fd547d628e09bfd50c4a200eeb0188.gif3ddbf61b550196641dbec987f912e430.giffab4e36f824dd81989b7f4ca965682ca.gifeeefe0a87e698d3dba0bdcc52adfb045.jpgf97b03e7fc07348417be6ce5e321c5d2.gif14cdfb7f74e5bc4546412f09aece7f0e.jpgcaa41153e8b0755dc147e8f2f8049772.jpgc4c6583dc7bf922c2a77994d15ec844a.gif
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 10/31/2018 at 10:35 AM, El Diablo said:
He was anointed by God as played by George Burns so I guess we can allow it.

Fuck no. The stupid motherfucker forgot to switch the fucking tanks thus darwining his stupid ass.

Think the lever was in a location that was stupid, might have been a mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm still pretty surprised by this development.  I get that things at WVU might just be stale, but Holgo got them into the top 10 this year.  You would think they would at least put up a $100k raise to make it look like they wanted to keep him.

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I'm still pretty surprised by this development.  I get that things at WVU might just be stale, but Holgo got them into the top 10 this year.  You would think they would at least put up a $100k raise to make it look like they wanted to keep him.

Probably about as mutual a situation could be

• Like 2

I guess it's odd because every year we hear about gundy and OSU and nothing ever happens.  I've never heard much about WVU and Holgo (though I don't pay a ton of attention to them).  I never hear him bitch about admin or boosters or anything really.  I also very rarely hear fans or admin bitch about him.  Is there a complaint or is everyone just ready to move on because it is stale?

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

I guess it's odd because every year we hear about gundy and OSU and nothing ever happens.  I've never heard much about WVU and Holgo (though I don't pay a ton of attention to them).  I never hear him bitch about admin or boosters or anything really.  I also very rarely hear fans or admin bitch about him.  Is there a complaint or is everyone just ready to move on because it is stale?

I was listening to late night sports pundit radio and their take was Holgo wanted more facilities upgrades and the schools position was earn the upgrades by winning. His predecessors set the bar for W/L expectations and Dana could not meet them. 

I won't be surprised if they hire an NFL coach. 

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

This is like when Greg McDermott left us for Creighton.

He wanted out, they wanted him gone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...