Tell Me About West Virginia

GhostofDanJones

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Machinator said:

On Friday, Bama announced games with West Virginia in 2026 and 2027. The Crimson Tide will play in Morgantown in 2026 before the Mountaineers come to Bryant-Denny Stadium the following year. Both would be season-opening games.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/02/alabama-adds-home-and-home-with-big-12-school.html

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I'll admit to flashing a heat of the moment Horns down when UT was playing in Ames, but it's not like it's something that occupies much head space with anyone because, you know, Texas isn't our rival.

It's a just general "fuck you" to the opponent, and if any other opponent had a cherished hand sign (Guns down isn't as easy or obvious) I'd do that too.  I definitely gave Aggy a few downward facing thumbs back in the day.

This is an embarrassing look for WVU.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

They blew a 9-1 7th inning lead to those fuck nuts.  They already look a little aggyish.  

A little? They blew a massive early lead, which is full aggy, but they blew the lead to aggy, so it’s more than fully aggy . . . . It’s agception.

tenor.gif?itemid=9677534

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 10:04 PM, texifornia said:

Soooo their best safety just bounced

And this is like the 9th transfer in total, 4 or 5 on defense.   Odds makers are forecasting them tied for 3rd in the conference, I think that may be very optimistic now.

3 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

And this is like the 9th transfer in total, 4 or 5 on defense.   Odds makers are forecasting them tied for 3rd in the conference, I think that may be very optimistic now.

Yep...  "Brown is now the ninth scholarship player to enter the transfer portal and leave the program since the end of the season. Offensive linemen Matt Jones and Dontae Angus were the first, and have been gone since before Brown even arrived. Wide receivers Dillon Spalding and Marcus Simms, defensive backs Kenny Robinson, Derrek Pitts and Jordan Adams, and defensive lineman Tyrese Allen all followed suit. So far, only Jones (Youngstown State) and Spalding (James Madison) have reportedly found new homes."

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

I think Brown is a really good matchup of coach and school, but making it three years with this kind of attrition upfront is going to be tough sledding.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I think Brown is a really good matchup of coach and school, but making it three years with this kind of attrition upfront is going to be tough sledding.

Yeah, if he doesn’t prove to be a good recruiter, him being a good coach won’t matter much. You have to have talent and running off all the upperclassmen could lead to a rough first 2-3 years for him. At that point, it’s almost too late.

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

That was optimistic even before the exodus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hotel booked for the game this year (had to do the next town over since the local LaQuinta is going for $400/night). Pretty fucking stoked, to be honest.

Heard generally positive reviews about the Morgantown game experience.

It's a fun place to see a game, and early October will be a really nice time for the trip. Hope it doesn't end up a noon kick though.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It's a fun place to see a game, and early October will be a really nice time for the trip. Hope it doesn't end up a noon kick though.

Given how dogshit WVU is supposed to be, I'm braced for it.

Should still be fun though. Fly into Pittsburgh from NYC with my buddy (an ND fan with a real hatred of WVU because his fiancee's ex went there) Friday morning, see the city, drink in Morgantown that night. Wake up, tailgate, watch us beat down an overmatched team and then get real drunk in town that evening and hopefully not get into too much trouble.

Could see @WVU turning into Lubbock north this year. Hillbillies have a pretty intense hatred for anything Texas these days. We need to show up and take care of business this season. We owe them dearly.

No bs, just win. 

Edited by Girdwood

Morgantown is an absolute blast.  We won the game I went to, and they were still cool afterwards.

I think they want to beat Texas's ass (we all do), but I would be surprised if they're dicks to Texas fans.  They seem to really enjoy the visiting Big 12 fans for not being east coast douche bags.

• Like 1

We went 4 years ago and had a blast.  The game sucked, but we didn't run across any asshole fans and many offered us shots of moonshine or beers at their tailgates.  As mentioned finding a hotel can be a problem.  I was going to go back this year but one of my wife's cunt friends thought it was appropriate to get married during the football season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Sanders said:

We went 4 years ago and had a blast.  The game sucked, but we didn't run across any asshole fans and many offered us shots of moonshine or beers at their tailgates.  As mentioned finding a hotel can be a problem.  I was going to go back this year but one of my wife's cunt friends thought it was appropriate to get married during the football season. 

For those that go stay in Pittsburgh and limo down. Did that the first time the Horns played in Morgantown. 

Was easy trip and allowed for maximum drinking time. 

On 7/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, brojangles2 said:

I’ve always been told that Pittsburgh was the only way to do the Morgantown trip. Soak up at much atmosphere day of game on site, but then go where actual civilization is otherwise. 

Makes sense. Morgantown is pretty much a shithole. There's a few decent things to do there, but no more than a day's worth.

Pittsburgh has much better eating and drinking options plus a lot more to do.

I'm going to go against the grain on the Pittsburgh.

We stayed in Morgantown and loved it.  It's a beautiful area, and the downtown is a ton of fun.  It's a college town, not a big city obviously, and you miss out on the whole vibe/experience by not soaking the community in and all that.

The night before the game, we end up singing "Country Roads" on karaoke at the Sports Page, in our ISU gear, and didn't pay for a drink the rest of the time we were in there.

If you're staying for more than a couple days, you might want a higher level of amenities, but for a 2 day bender revolving around a football game, you'd really miss out (and add to the inconvenience) by staying an hour away.  IMO.

• Like 1