Who else likes drinking beer in their garage alone??

cabowabo

On 3/26/2018 at 9:54 PM, cabowabo said:

Anyone?

I don’t but my neighbors directly across the street do almost every night. But his garage is immaculate and he also has some heating and cooling mechanisms. I’ll go over a couple times a week to smoke a couple bowls and catch up on shit. I’m more of a living room TV guy.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:12 PM, Dewey said:

Gone are my drinking days, but I still hang out in my dungeon. Small bluetooth speaker, turn the fan on and I can keep myself busy for hours. d7240f061bd885f03ba3851daa7c7519.jpgd641dfcb97512f2a1ec3ddf3aee3291e.jpge370eeb7f4d88b9aff9aeda5a68b3fd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sweet chair.  And no, I'm not being sarcastic.  I really do like the chair.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought about starting a new thread for the following but reconsidered and decided it would fit best here:

Hot new Nordic relaxation trend: Pantsdrunk!

Drinking home alone in your underwear just might be what you need to be as relaxed as the Finnish.

• Päntsdrunk is the latest trend to come out of Northern Europe and it involves drinking alone at home.
  • Finnish writer Miska Rantanen outlines the philosophy in his newest book titled: Pantsdrunk: Kalsarikanni: The Finnish Path to Relaxation.
  • Kalsarikänni is a word in Finnish that literally means "drinking at home and alone in your underwear."

It seems like you can always count on the Nordic people for coming up with the most novel of lifestyle trends. Päntsdrunk is the anglicized term for the Finnish word Kalsarikänn, and it's a philosophy and way of life that many Finns swear by. The concept is something most young adults can get behind, no matter where they are in the world.

Päntsdrunk consists mostly of being alone, drinking alcohol and doing whatever you please in the comfort of your home. That might mean binging on Netflix, staring mindlessly at the wall or your phone or just getting some well-needed rest and recuperation.

It's no surprise the Finns have come up with something like this. After all, they are also one of the most relaxed nations with the least stressful educational systems.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I thought about starting a new thread for the following but reconsidered and decided it would fit best here:

Hot new Nordic relaxation trend: Pantsdrunk!

It’s rewarding when “trends” catch up with you.

If drinking beer in your boxer shorts is a “trend”, then I have been on the bleeding edge for a couple decades.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 9:21 PM, Incredulity said:

If drinking beer in your boxer shorts is a “trend”, then I have been on the bleeding edge for a couple decades.

No shit, I can't believe anyone would consider this some new way to chill out.

• 6 months later...

Some of y'all may remember my transfer from the stupid wives thread to the divorce thread.  In the last several months we've sold our house and I went on to purchase my own place.  I had a bar in the garage of the old house that would be a gathering place for the neighborhood dads.  I really wanted to recreate the bar in the garage of my  new place.  Well,  a couple of days ago I had a shed installed in my back yard which allowed me to get all of the shit out of the garage and make it into livable space.

spacer.png

I think this one is actually better than the old bar.  Even though I live by myself half the time (shared custody of my son) I think I'll be out here a lot.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nuge said:

Some of y'all may remember my transfer from the stupid wives thread to the divorce thread.  In the last several months we've sold our house and I went on to purchase my own place.  I had a bar in the garage of the old house that would be a gathering place for the neighborhood dads.  I really wanted to recreate the bar in the garage of my  new place.  Well,  a couple of days ago I had a shed installed in my back yard which allowed me to get all of the shit out of the garage and make it into livable space.

spacer.png

I think this one is actually better than the old bar.  Even though I live by myself half the time (shared custody of my son) I think I'll be out here a lot.

Is that climate controlled?

48 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Is that climate controlled?

Not climate controlled.  I'm just outside of Portland in Vancouver, WA - the weather here isn't too extreme.  I am planning on getting some insulation panels for the garage door and putting new weather sealers around the outside and bottom of the door.  I also have a portable "fireplace" to heat the inside.  Its pretty comfortable, really.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 2:21 PM, Incredulity said:

Been doing it for over 40 years, going back to HS when the parental units weren't around.

11 hours ago, F250 said:

Who drinks beer alone in their garage like a weirdo? I drink bourbon alone on my deck out back like a normal person as God intended.

Why not both?

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Why not both?

This is the correct answer.  I drink beer in my garage alone when it's a weekday and I'm "working on something" in the garage.  Rum or Bourbon on the back patio when I just want to relax.

I added a TV and big oscillating fan to the garage this summer.  Both game changers.  Working on a mobile welding table right now.  Hope to have that done by the end of October.  A little here.  A little there.  Once that's done, rolling into a mobile outfeed table / router table.  Hoping to have that done by Christmas.  When those two tables are ready, I'll really be ready to start building shit and drinking beer.  In my garage.  Alone.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:48 AM, Nuge said:

Amen brutha, I am almost to this point myself.  I had to tear down my old fence and put in a new one, bumped up 14' toward the front of my house to make room behind the fence for a shed.  Shed will be installed at the end of the month, then I'll be able to clear the garage, and do a lot more with it.  It'll still need to hold cars so won't be near the complete bar that yours is, but I'll have some space in there to install a TV, some bar stools and a pub table, stereo, etc.  All the neighbor-dads already meet in my driveway on a regular basis since I let them take beer out of my garage fridge any time the garage door is open, but now we'll have a cooler space to hang.

Of course, I'll still be sure to take some time to drink beer alone in the garage.

'Cause that's what makes the world go round.  Either that or heroine, I don't recall...

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Damn, I can almost smell the cigarettes and stale beer.  That's awesome!

Dude, I live in the PNW - it's weed that you smell.  Not cigarettes. Legal weed that I purchase from the store at the end of my street.

15 hours ago, Hate said:

Needs some Grateful Dead posters though.

I have never been to a Dead show.

The next two that I have tickets to are the Black Pumas and Elephant Stone.  

Those will be the next two posters to hang in there.

Also, if you're in the PNW get a hold of me and we can down a pint in my dive bar.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
34 minutes ago, wd40 said:

my wife and kids had taken over the kitchen, making themselves breakfast for dinner, while I was at HEB (watching my spacing) to get beer and other essentials after fixing the mower.

so here I am.  

spacer.png

Username...... blue and yellow can in background..... something something.....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, wd40 said:

my wife and kids had taken over the kitchen, making themselves breakfast for dinner, while I was at HEB (watching my spacing) to get beer and other essentials after fixing the mower.

so here I am.  

spacer.png

Bro, lemme know when you're gonna start hittin' that brake cleaner and I'll come over 🤘

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, wd40 said:

so here I am.  

spacer.png

And as for me I can sit here and bide my time
I got nothing to lose if I speak my mind
I don't care anymore, I don't care no more

• 1 month later...

Technically not in the garage and not alone but these two old guys

MIL lives in a retirement apartment complex since selling here home after Harvey. She’s pretty much quarantined by herself since early March and we’ve been bringing her groceries. I went by there last Thursday to drop of some food and check on her car A/C and I see these two guys again. Been in the same place the last 3 times I’ve been there. Need to bring them a six pack next time I come by. I wonder how that Rascal drives after a few cold ones.

DB8-D629-E-8769-4-DF6-B8-BE-F1-F94-A8-D3-BBE.jpg

• Like 2