The Hot Deals Thread

Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

my amex card offers $5 cash back from hulu, so that would take it down to $7 for a whole year.

Ebates also offers $5 cash back, but I'm not sure if it's just on the regular subscription price or if it will work on this promotional price.

looks like they charge you month by month so neither of these will probably work.

• 2 weeks later...

cross posting from the cord cutters thread...

Exclusive Holiday Discount  Only for TiVo Friends & Family

Save up to $300 on top TiVo devices and service plans.

At TiVo, friends and family like you are always on the top of our gift list. So for a limited time only, we're sharing our employee service discount with you. Find everything that makes TV amazing – from all-in-one live, recording and streaming devices to the TiVo Mini VOX™ extension – right now, for a steal.

Offer ends December 18th, 2018 or while supplies last.

• TiVo BOLT OTA for antenna with all-in (lifetime) service plan is $399.98

• TiVo-renewed Roamio OTA 1TB is $249.99
    • Doesn't explicitly say if it includes the lifetime service...but it might at that price

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 5:40 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Never mind... just got the email that they're sold out lolol. Back to the sammy

I just saw this yesterday and ordered as it showed in stock at that price. So far I have gotten emails that my order was processed and nothing about them being out of stock so you may want to try again. 

somewhat so, except I found the store had deeper markdowns that the extra 50% was applied to.  Got $1,000 worth of bedding for around tree fiddy, online was sold out by 12:15 am but found it at the brick and morter for less than online, then 2 x Hart Schaffner Marx $700 suits for 50% off.

I got a suit guy there who lets me (actually, everybody) put suits/sportcoats/slacks aside in the week prior to the sale and then we queue up and buy it on NY morning.  Apparently management determined that this arrangement promotes efficiency and maximizes revenue because in a free for all somebody would get cut, plus it keeps the regulars coming back.  So we try suits on at our leisure the week before the sale and don't have to act like animals.

Dillard's ecommerce environment just plain sucks, couldn't take the length.  Plus they aren't shipping stuff bought today until Jan 11.

Edited by BearSchlong

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 5:21 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

LG OLED 65" C8, whats normally $2800 at best buy or amazon is $2,150 on New Egg for limited time

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9KB79W0147&ignorebbr=1#

Back on for $2,099 now, I got the same tv at the $2,150 which was a great price so this is even better. I really like this tv, great picture.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAJKJ8J41096

Good deal or not ?    Smaller screen.

Not all the TV deals happening before the Super Bowl are for huge TVs. Best Buy just rolled out a really sweet discount on a midsize model.

For a limited time, and while supplies last, the Toshiba 43-inch TV with built-in Fire TV is just $179.99 shipped (plus tax). It normally sells for $329.99.

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-43-inch-toshiba-fire-tv-is-a-steal-at-180/

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-presidents-day-2019-sales-tech-deals-on-laptops-tablets-and-more/

The above link lists President's Day deals for this weekend.    Too numerous to copy,  Amazon example below.

Amazon

Amazon's Valentine's Day sale is running into its Presidents' Day sale. Per usual, you'll find many of its own devices discounted.

Save $50 on Fire TV Recast Bundle with Fire TV Stick 4K and HD antenna, $250

Save $50 on Ring Video Doorbell Pro, $200

Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite, $100

Save $50 on Echo Show (2nd-gen), $180

Save $30 on Amazon Echo Spot, $99.99

Save $44 on Amazon 2nd-gen Echo Plus, $119.99

Save $50 on Amazon 2nd-gen Echo Show, $179.99

Save $302 on Samsung 49-inch QLED 4K 2018 smart TV, $779

Save $402 on Samsung 55-inch QLED 4K 2018 smart TV, $1,079

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Catpfish said:

Just a heads up.  Those are the three piece balls, not the four piece that everyone was raving about.  Still a good deal for mid-level balls, but not the Pro V1 competitors.

if anyone's looking for the 4 piece kirkland ones i've got a few dozen i never used.  never opened.  i'll sell them at cost, $20 / doz.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if these 4th of July sales on appliances are good or if there are typically better sales occur later in the year?  I'm in the market for a washer/dryer and refrigerator but am not needing them.  Just want to upgrade so can wait if need be.

^^^

If in no rush Black Friday is usually the best. Next would be in September and October as that is when the old models are getting cleared out for the new models.

If you're willing to haggle go in late September with about 5 days left for the trifecta of; sales trying to meet monthly numbers, managers/stores trying to hit quarterly numbers, and older models getting cleared out. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

^^^

If in no rush Black Friday is usually the best. Next would be in September and October as that is when the old models are getting cleared out for the new models.

If you're willing to haggle go in late September with about 5 days left for the trifecta of; sales trying to meet monthly numbers, managers/stores trying to hit quarterly numbers, and older models getting cleared out. 

Thanks, I can certainly wait.  I will probably check in September and if I can't get a great deal then will wait until Black Friday.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

slickdeals is underwhelmed at that release

to be fair, isn't about half of SD underwhelmed by every deal ever posted? could be a lambo for $100 and someone would bitch about it not including the right trim package or tires. 

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

they're pretty good for a cheap tv. come with roku too so you don't need a chromecast or anything else to attach to it. I'm not sure I'd use it as a main tv but it's great for a kid or a spare room

I have a Samsung for my main tv.  It would be used for a bedroom only for Netflix, Prime video and Hulu.  That just looks like the best tv deal on Prime right now.

just be ready with a backup plan. I bought a tv during a prime day a few years ago and it arrived completely smashed. They couldn't replace it since they were sold out so I ended up with a refund and a gift card and had to go to fry's to get a tv.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

I was hoping to get a smaller tv on Prime today but am very underwhelmed by their selection.  Anyone know how good TCL tvs are?

1 hour ago, Viper said:

they're pretty good for a cheap tv. come with roku too so you don't need a chromecast or anything else to attach to it. I'm not sure I'd use it as a main tv but it's great for a kid or a spare room

that. Bought 2 TCL's  50"ers from target last month for like 280 each. Love it it for our bedroom because Roku. Probably would spend more for the main TV, theyre not exactly the most eye catching design if thats important to to you. Id stick to the bigger brand names for main TV just in case. my current living room Samsungis close to 9 years old thats used almost every day, all day. Dont know if Id get that kind of work out of a TCL.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM