Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7595841/Pro-anti-Trump-supporters-erupt-violence-Santa-Monica-pier-crowd-gets-pepper-sprayed.html

A Trump supporter was arrested after spraying bear repellent on a crowd protesting against the president at Santa Monica Pier, authorities said.

Pro and anti-Trump demonstrators began shouting at each other on Saturday when a scuffle broke out, Santa Monica police said.

A video posted online showed a man wearing a red 'Make America Great Again' hat circling the crowd and then unleashing a torrent of spray from a canister. 

Some in the crowd were seen holding Donald Trump and US flags, while others waved orange posters that read 'Trump Pence Must Go'.

Before the violence erupted, one man could be heard chanting 'Trump 2020'.

Nobody was seriously hurt by the repellent, which is similar to pepper sprays used by police, officials said.

Many ran away screaming and coughing and one woman was seen vomiting nearby the scene at around 1.20pm, a witness told KTLA 5. 

The man could be seen pulling a canister from a holster and using it on the crowd during the brawl, pointing the can in various directions. 

Police soon arrived and cornered the man, who protested his innocence, as enraged protesters told officers he had a weapon. 

He was then led away in handcuffs to cheers from the anti-Trump demonstrators. 

One man who bore the brunt of the spray, speaking to a camera, said he poured milk on his face to counteract the effects of the substance. 

A man who could face charges including violating the terms of his parole from a previous weapons violation, according to the Los Angeles Times. 

His name was not released and investigators are trying to determine whether a second man also sprayed the crowd. 

19984514-7595841-A_supporter_of_Presiden

trump supporter, weed shirt. ideologically consistent, this fucking guy.

the video is wild at the link.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7595841/Pro-anti-Trump-supporters-erupt-violence-Santa-Monica-pier-crowd-gets-pepper-sprayed.html

I'm betting he kept his views on race and women to himself while he was being arrested.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Disgusting.

The follow up tweets in the thread have more information.

Lol.  Dumbasses will be charged soon I’m sure.  Not sure how you live down there knowing just how many of the people around you are bigoted POS.  Keep fighting the good fight.  Props  

On 10/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, hayden_horn said:

A man who could face charges including violating the terms of his parole from a previous weapons violation, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"I hope he roughs me up. This damn country NEEDS a Law and Order president."

• Like 1

Lol.  Dumbasses will be charged soon I’m sure.  Not sure how you live down there knowing just how many of the people around you are bigoted POS.  Keep fighting the good fight.  Props  

What happened to these people that made them like this?

Is it a similar pathology that the flat earthers’ have (socially isolated, no other groups to join) or is there some brain anomaly that makes people revel in behavior?

Good video about a right-wing mass murderer in Canada.  Kind of long but intriguing.  It provides insight into the methods of an investigator trying to get a confession, while showing how outside the norm the incel culture is.  This guy gets rather open and honest about his wild outlook on the world. 

I did a desultory search but wasn't successful in finding a thread to place this. I wish I could say I am surprised at the DA and his original comments, but I am not. I am so sad for the family. The investigators whitewashed the lack of charges talking about the difficulty of the law in such cases. But the fact remains that the DA does not see gays nor Muslims as having rights under the Constitution if their beliefs do not align with his.

This is his quote from earlier in the year (on social media) about Muslims:

Islam is “evil, violent and against God’s truth” and that Muslims do not have constitutional rights because “if you don't believe in the one true God, there is nothing to protect."

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Factually the New Black Panther Party says hello.

Hey, if you're suggesting that the alt-right receive the same treatment that the Black Panthers did, you'll hear no argument from me. Bit surprised that you have taken that position, tbh.

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Hey, if you're suggesting that the alt-right receive the same treatment that the Black Panthers did, you'll hear no argument from me. Bit surprised that you have taken that position, tbh.

100% think the fringes of both sides are fucked up.

Of course in this echo chamber that will be admonished as “bothsidesism”.

On 12/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, Incredulity said:

100% think the fringes of both sides are fucked up.

Of course in this echo chamber that will be admonished as “bothsidesism”.

It's not bothsideism, it's whataboutism, and it's exhausting because it's nothing but a thinly veiled attack on "the left" for being hypocrites without actually coming out and saying it. All while lessening the perceived severity of the far right.

It's what the Soviets did to smear and damage Western views and society during the cold war. It's not exactly a new tactic, the Soviets used it to justify their gulags because the US had slaves. So congrats I guess for using past bad behavior to justify the current crop of militant racists who have already been killing people for years in the US. 

If it's a bad thing that's currently happening and should be addressed, then you should address it rather than stopping to fling mud at everyone else, because the focus becomes the mud not the actual bad actors. 

• Like 4