Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Start of Black History Month.  CRT under constant attack on FoxNews, et. al.  And a half dozen HBCU institutions get bomb threats.

Must just be one of those coincidences, right?  

Good news is because this happened across many states, it'll get some help from the FBI and the DoJ.  Otherwise, I suspect this would be dismissed and swept under the rug.  

But I'll bet dollars to donuts that some domestic terror group has gotten all wound up, beyond the usual violent racism, about CRT from the media in the last year.  And somebody in the group found out about HBCU's...as if they were some super-secret mystery.  And the conversation went something like this:

#1, "CRT is poisoning our nation and our culture!  It's one thing for them to live among us, but they can't indoctrinate our children with their revisionist history bullshit! We gotta do something!"  Look what I found on google while looking up CRT.  There's a whole group of colleges just for blacks that probably teach them how to teach our children CRT!  It's called...Hebecues, or Habacus.  I dunno, HBCU anyway.  That's gotta be where all this CRT shit went from colleges down to the white Kindergartens!  We got to take a stand against these places, send them a message!  Cut off this bullshit CRT at the source!"

#2, "What the fuck are you talking about?  They're just historically black colleges.  Started mainly after the Civil War to offer higher education opportunities to descendants of freed slaves.  Lots of white people attend them as well.  Some private, some religious, some public.  They just started out that way but they exist within our nation's higher educational framework, same as any other schools.  They get some public funding, charge tuition, admissions standards, athletics, greek life, get grants, solicit donations, same shit as any other college.  Sure they have more blacks on campus than you're probably used to seeing at BYU, but they're just colleges.  Nothing to do with CRT.  Arts, Sciences, Law, Business, Engineering, etc.  Usual type of college studies shit."  

#1, "Oh, so like Black Law, Black Biology, Black Theater & Dance, Black Mathematics, Black History, Black Engineering?"

#2, "No.  What the fuck is Black Biology?  You know?  Forget I asked.  No, a classroom of black kids learning about engineering is not Critical Race Theory.  Yeah, there are some electives and programs about Africa, slavery, civil rights, etc.  But like any college, most of the students are just taking regular shit like Psych 101, Chemistry, Creative Writing, Physics, Poli Sci, Business Management, etc.  Actually, the Black Dance department is what you think it is, but the rest is just regular college coursework taken by some black students.  It's not CRT just because there's black people involved." 

Pardon the humor, but some version of this is behind this.  I know HBCU's have always been under attack in the public arena.  I've been hearing "there's no all-white colleges out there!" argument for decades.  But there's a new violent streak to all this now that is suddenly acceptable to more and more Americans.  Some group, somewhere equates the dangers of CRT with a campus filled with nothing but CRT-espousing disciples.  And bomb threats are the result, and just the beginning.  

22 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Captain America was my favorite comic as a young boy.

I often lamented I would never get to punch a nazi just like Cap.

Well.... here we go...

Super Man got to go after the KKK back in the 40s or early 50s.

Can only imagine the shitstorm of DC did that today.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Super Man got to go after the KKK back in the 40s or early 50s.

Can only imagine the shitstorm of DC did that today.

If Marvel really wanted to hurt some feelings they could do a storyline where The Punisher takes down a bunch of 2%ers and Proud Boy types. Those clowns would be burning clothes, covering up tattoos, and repainting jeeps left and right. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If Marvel really wanted to hurt some feelings they could do a storyline where The Punisher takes down a bunch of 2%ers and Proud Boy types. Those clowns would be burning clothes, covering up tattoos, and repainting jeeps left and right. 

This is a great idea.  

• 3 weeks later...

https://heavy.com/news/benjamin-jeffrey-smith-polybun/

Benjamin Jeffrey Smith, a self-described anti-social machinist with a trail of disturbing social media posts, was named as the Portland, Oregon, man who is accused in the mass shooting of five people on February 19 that left a Black Lives Matter protester dead.

Smith was named by authorities as the suspect on February 22; he was initially named by OregonLive, which reported that witnesses identified him as the shooter. OPB editor Ryan Haas reported later the same day that Smith had not been charged as he remained hospitalized but a warrant for his arrest included charges of second-degree murder, first-degree attempted murder, assault and unlawful use of a weapon.

However, he has now been charged with nine offenses, including murder in the second degree, the District Attorney announced.

The DA’s statement says that Smith confronted the group of protesters, yelling at them to leave the park. They told him to leave them alone. He then fired into the crowd.

He was described on social media as a local “furry” who goes by the name Polybun. (“Furry,” according to Miriam-Webster, “refers to people who have a keen interest in, or even dress up as, anthropomorphic animal characters, like those often seen in comics, games, and cartoons.”) OregonLIve confirmed that the Polybun name is associated with Smith.

of course he was a fucking furry.....no offense to our resident right-wing furry posters.

Literally everyone else, "That piece of shit, Benjamin Smith, shot five people killing one of them.  Hope he suffers in the hospital and does the full sentence for each of those nine charges against him."  

4Doors, "Ah man, they got Polybun?!?"  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://heavy.com/news/benjamin-jeffrey-smith-polybun/

of course he was a fucking furry.....no offense to our resident right-wing furry posters.

One thing that should be taken from this is that many more would have been killed if some of the protesters hadn't been armed and able to return fire. Cops aren't going to protect anyone from right-wing violence. We're going to need to be able to protect ourselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/06/punisher-reclaim-skull-logo-sp1/

IMG_20220223_110056.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Drunk Proud Boy leader spews a bunch of racist shit then punches black woman in the face

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/andrew-walls-proud-boys-assault-video_n_621c87a3e4b0afc668c2eda2

As a 26 year old, he does a great impression of a mid-40's frumpy clerk or civil servant. 

Andrew Walls, a leader of the Akron-Canton chapter of the Proud Boys in Ohio, was charged after he appeared to be caught on camera shouting racial slurs at a Black woman and then punching her in the face.

• 1 month later...

Fulton County AG, Fani Willis, confirmed today that the investigation of Trump is moving forward She has already secured testimony from 50 people and is preparing to subpoena 30 more. She declined to identify her lead prosecutor because of all of the death threats her office has received. She has purchased bullet proof vests for her and her staff. 

Buckle up!

https://apnews.com/article/tampa-florida-ilhan-omar-congress-3c7fd71fcc581ad69dd7186040047123

According to prosecutors, Hannon sent an email to Omar threatening to kill her in July 2019 following a televised news conference held by the Minnesota representative and three other congresswomen.

In an email with the subject line “(You’re) dead, you radical Muslim,” Hannon referred to Omar and the other congresswomen of color as “radical rats” and asked Omar if she was prepared “to die for Islam.” Investigators said the email further stated that Hannon was going to shoot Omar in the head.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, wildcat09 said:

It's so hard picking which thread to put this story in:

ryan patrick ne goeb recording the convo that finally takes down all around shitbag hotze will be :chefskiss:

On Oct. 17, 2020, influential GOP donor Steven F. Hotze made an urgent request during a phone call with a top federal prosecutor in Texas, according to a court filing Friday by the Houston district attorney’s office.

Hotze claimed that private investigators funded by his nonprofit group had been trailing a mysterious white van as it shuttled phony ballots around the city in an effort to rig the upcoming election. He asked if federal authorities would help stop the van and apprehend its driver, but he added that one of his hard-nosed investigators was prepared to do the job himself, according to the filing by prosecutors in Harris County that included a transcript of the exchange.

“In fact, he told me last night, ‘hell … the guy’s gonna have a wreck tomorrow night. I’m going to run into him and I’m gonna make a citizen’s arrest,” Hotze told the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Texas, Ryan Patrick, a Trump appointee, who recorded the conversation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2022/05/06/hotze-texas-recording-ballots/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

so there's a white power demonstration on Far West right now. maybe a dozen assholes lol. 

my husband and I were stopped at the light right in front of them. I took the opportunity to make out with him in the car and then shot the finger as we pulled away.

petty maybe. but fuck those guys.

I'm sure the iron core bastion of white heterosexuality will later. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm sure all of these rabid cops, white power mongoloids, and the general lynch mob on the right will be heavily swayed by rational argument, documented facts, and the perfect message from the Democrats.

Just like it works to turn trolls into rational, informed posters. 

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

so there's a white power demonstration on Far West right now. maybe a dozen assholes lol. 

my husband and I were stopped at the light right in front of them. I took the opportunity to make out with him in the car and then shot the finger as we pulled away.

petty maybe. but fuck those guys.

Are you a cat person? I posted this in another thread but I saw a woman at the store wearing a sweatshirt with this on it the other day:

D8033199-A8B5-4BEF-A8E1-34952465DF70.thumb.png.d9aea709841a78838370dc0284105b00.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Right’s Violence Problem
The Buffalo killings are part of a pattern: Most extremist violence in the U.S. comes from the political right.

Over the past decade, the Anti-Defamation League has counted about 450 U.S. murders committed by political extremists.

Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.

Nearly half of the murders were specifically tied to white supremacists:

image.png.843333e985b39b0e077f084f6ad93838.png

As this data shows, the American political right has a violence problem that has no equivalent on the left. And the 10 victims in Buffalo this past weekend are now part of this toll. “Right-wing extremist violence is our biggest threat,” Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the ADL, has written. “The numbers don’t lie.”

The pattern extends to violence less severe than murder, like the Jan. 6 attack on Congress. It also extends to the language from some Republican politicians — including Donald Trump — and conservative media figures that treats violence as a legitimate form of political expression. A much larger number of Republican officials do not use this language but also do not denounce it or punish politicians who do use it; Kevin McCarthy, the top House Republican, is a leading example.

It’s important to emphasize that not all extremist violence comes from the right — and that the precise explanation for any one attack can be murky, involving a mixture of ideology, mental illness, gun access and more. In the immediate aftermath of an attack, people are sometimes too quick to claim a direct cause and effect. But it is also incorrect to pretend that right-wing violence and left-wing violence are equivalent problems.

Fears in Washington
If you talk to members of Congress and their aides these days — especially off the record — you will often hear them mention their fears of violence being committed against them.

Some Republican members of Congress have said that they were reluctant to vote for Trump’s impeachment or conviction partly because of the threats against other members who had already denounced him. House Republicans who voted for President Biden’s infrastructure bill also received threats. Democrats say their offices receive a spike in phone calls and online messages threatening violence after they are criticized on conservative social media or cable television shows.

People who oversee elections report similar problems. “One in six elec­tion offi­cials have exper­i­enced threats because of their job,” the Brennan Center, a research group, reported this year. “Ranging from death threats that name offi­cials’ young chil­dren to racist and gendered harass­ment, these attacks have forced elec­tion offi­cials across the coun­try to take steps like hiring personal secur­ity, flee­ing their homes, and putting their chil­dren into coun­sel­ing.”

There is often overlap between these violent threats and white supremacist beliefs. White supremacy tends to treat people of color as un-American or even less than fully human, views that can make violence seem justifiable. The suspect in the Buffalo massacre evidently posted an online manifesto that discussed replacement theory, a racial conspiracy theory that Tucker Carlson promotes on his Fox News show.

“History has taught us that what begins with words ends in far worse,” Representative Liz Cheney, one of the few Republicans who have repeatedly and consistently denounced violence and talk of violence from the right, wrote on Twitter yesterday. “The House GOP leadership has enabled white nationalism, white supremacy, and antisemitism,” Cheney wrote, and called on Republican leaders to “renounce and reject these views and those who hold them.”

A few other Republicans, like Senator Mitt Romney, have taken a similar stance. But many other prominent Republicans have taken a more neutral stance or even embraced talk of violence.

Some have spoken openly about violence as a legitimate political tool — and not just Trump, who has done so frequently.

At the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 attack, Representative Mo Brooks suggested the crowd should “start taking down names and kicking ass.” Before she was elected to Congress, Marjorie Taylor Greene supported the idea of executing Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and other top Democrats. Representative Paul Gosar once posted an animated video altered to depict himself killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at Biden.

Rick Perry, a former Texas governor, once called the Federal Reserve “treasonous” and talked about treating its chairman “pretty ugly.” During Greg Gianforte’s campaign for Montana’s House seat, he went so far as to assault a reporter who asked him a question he didn’t like; Gianforte won and has since become Montana’s governor.

These Republicans have received no meaningful sanction from their party. McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House, has been especially solicitous of Brooks and other members who use violent imagery.

This Republican comfort with violence is new. Republican leaders from past decades, like Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole, Howard Baker and the Bushes, did not evoke violence.

“In a stable democracy,” Steven Levitsky, a Harvard political scientist, told me, “politicians unambiguously reject violence and unambiguously expel from their ranks antidemocratic forces.”

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

“In a stable democracy,” Steven Levitsky, a Harvard political scientist, told me, “politicians unambiguously reject violence and unambiguously expel from their ranks antidemocratic forces.”

I THINK I've spotted the issue......

26 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I will never forgive people like Bill Maher who aligned themselves with white nationalists to demagogue the high ideal of being woke. It pisses me off.

Never much of a fan of his just because his delivery is so obnoxious but stopped watching altogether when he'd incessantly bitch about "woke" kids.

Sounded like an out-of-touch Fox News watching grandpa grouching at the teevee set from his Lazy Boy.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Maher has often embraced the IDW/alt-right "the real threat to liberty is woke college kids" bullshit that's become really popular the last few years. He sucks ass.

oh, weird. I never liked his smarmy ass anyway so whatever. Katie Porter taking him to the woodshed was entertaining, though