Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Sick of this shit.

The man who shot dead two women at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday before killing himself was a far-right extremist and self-proclaimed misogynist who railed against women, black people, and immigrants in a series of online videos and songs.

Scott Beierle, 40, was named by Tallahassee Police as the gunman who opened fire inside the Hot Yoga Tallahassee studio, killing two and injuring four other women and a man.

Those killed were named as Dr. Nancy Van Vessem, 61, who worked at Florida State University's College of Medicine, and FSU student Maura Binkley, 21.

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

“There are whores in — not only every city, not only every town, but every village,” he said, referring to women in interracial relationships, who he said had betrayed “their blood.”

Officer Damon Miller of the Tallahassee Police Department said he could not tell BuzzFeed News whether women were specifically targeted in the attack or whether these online posts were the subject of detectives’ inquiries.

“Everything that he has a connection to we're investigating right now," Miller said.

Police said they were still investigating a motive, but noted Beierle had previously been investigated for harassing women.

In one video called “Plight of the Adolescent Male,” he named Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 14 and is often seen as a hero for so-called “incels,” or those who consider themselves “involuntarily celibate.”

“I’d like to send a message now to the adolescent males... that are in the position, the situation, the disposition of Elliot Rodger, of not getting any, no love, no nothing. This endless wasteland that breeds this longing and this frustration. That was me, certainly, as an adolescent,” he said.

This is the second deadly attack this year in which Rodger has been mentioned by the suspected assailant. A man who wrote anti-women references on his Facebook account allegedly killed 10 people in Toronto in April when he drove his van into a crowd. “The Incel Rebellion has already begun!” Alek Minassian wrote on Facebook prior to the attack in a post that also mentioned “the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!”

Some in the incel community have previously raged against women wearing yoga pants.

I was about to start this kind of thread with the same tweet.

This happened down the road from my parents’ house and a friend from high school was at the bar some of the survivors ran into.

If ever there was a time for someone to scream “DO SOMETHING!” it’s now.

(How many posts will it take for the usual deplorables to deflect with the “We have a mental health problem in America” nonsense excuses?)

Good NYT Story from today:

Long read but good. 

https://nyti.ms/2CXrrpm?smid=nytcore-ios-share

U.S. Law Enforcement Failed to See the Threat of White Nationalism. Now They Don’t Know How to Stop It.

For two decades, domestic counterterrorism strategy has ignored the rising danger of far-right extremism. In the atmosphere of willful indifference, a virulent movement has grown and metastasized.

White supremacists and other far-right extremists have killed far more people since Sept. 11, 2001, than any other category of domestic extremist. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism has reported that 71 percent of the extremist-related fatalities in the United States between 2008 and 2017 were committed by members of the far right or white-supremacist movements. Islamic extremists were responsible for just 26 percent. Data compiled by the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database shows that the number of terror-related incidents has more than tripled in the United States since 2013, and the number of those killed has quadrupled. In 2017, there were 65 incidents totaling 95 deaths. In a recent analysis of the data by the news site Quartz, roughly 60 percent of those incidents were driven by racist, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic, antigovernment or other right-wing ideologies. Left-wing ideologies, like radical environmentalism, were responsible for 11 attacks. Muslim extremists committed just seven attacks.

These statistics belie the strident rhetoric around “foreign-born” terrorists that the Trump administration has used to drive its anti-immigration agenda. They also raise questions about the United States’ counterterrorism strategy, which for nearly two decades has been focused almost exclusively on American and foreign-born jihadists, overshadowing right-wing extremism as a legitimate national-security threat. According to a recent report by the nonpartisan Stimson Center, between 2002 and 2017, the United States spent $2.8 trillion — 16 percent of the overall federal budget — on counterterrorism. Terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists killed 100 people in the United States during that time. Between 2008 and 2017, domestic extremists killed 387 in the United States, according to the 2018 Anti-Defamation League report.

“We’re actually seeing all the same phenomena of what was happening with groups like ISIS, same tactics, but no one talks about it because it’s far-right extremism,” says the national-security strategist P. W. Singer, a senior fellow at the New America think tank. During the first year of the Trump administration, Singer and several other analysts met with a group of senior administration officials about building a counterterrorism strategy that encompassed a wider range of threats. “They only wanted to talk about Muslim extremism,” he says. But even before the Trump administration, he says, “we willingly turned the other way on white supremacy because there were real political costs to talking about white supremacy.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Right wing nut jobs go off while the party they support does absolutely nothing about guns.

some gop lawmakers really think the solution to stop school shootings is to arm both teachers and students ( kids). They seem to think “the more bullets in the air, the better”. It makes you wonder if these people have never heard of “friendly fire”.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

i'm sure things will settle down after the mid terms

Not if Republicans lose big.

Look for Trump to spew rhetoric about stolen elections and illegal immigrants voting and voter fraud and calls to take action.

I fully expect the rhetoric to get worse and violent incidents to continue.

41 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Not if Republicans lose big.

Look for Trump to spew rhetoric about stolen elections and illegal immigrants voting and voter fraud and calls to take action.

I fully expect the rhetoric to get worse and violent incidents to continue.

The usual suspects on my social feeds are already crowing about it. Most of them are huge pussies who would wet their pants at the thought of real violence, but there's a couple....

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There are lots of numbers between her and a 10. But, if that is what you think a hot chick in a yoga outfit looks like then you and I have much different tastes.

Jesus, Casanova, it was a quick Google Image search to post a response. We get it,  you're a god.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Monahorns said:

The guy who killed Jews in Pittsburgh was a leftist.  He hated Trump just like all of you. 

You guys might of well have shot all those people in Pittsburgh.

And if you voted for Bill Clinton, you voted for a serial racist.  So there.

you seem really dumb

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Monahorns said:

The guy who killed Jews in Pittsburgh was a leftist.  He hated Trump just like all of you. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Negged for being a lying dumb fuck.
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

Why are you libs doubling down on such divisive, fear-mongering, racist, misogynistic, anti-nationalist rhetoric? Keep on barking, the silent 2/3'ds will speak on Tuesday. Debating you nitwits is like arguing with a looped recording. There is no point. Carry on.

Two corrections:

First, Trump supporters are anything but “silent.” Y’all are obnoxious loudmouths.

Second, 4 out of 10 is not “2/3rds.”

Oh, and a bonus third correction: it’s “3rds,” not “3’ds.”

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke  Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke look see how mean they are.

Why do socially awkward white males who support Trump enjoy killing innocent people so much?

Edited by Pam Cummings

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why do socially awkward white males who support Trump enjoy killing innocent people so much?

Because they live in a country where their sex and race give them every advantage and yet they fail. Moreover, they know society is changing in such a way that these advantages are slowly disappearing, making future success in life more difficult.

That's hard some white men to handle. Sadly, many of them react with lethal violence. 

It really fucking sucks.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Cause they wouldn’t dare try it against someone armed. These are the idiots whom God Mode was made for in video games.

I like how their hero Dylan Roof had such a problem with the violent and criminal black people, so he acted by going into a church and killing a bunch of elderly, christian blacks. Didn’t wanna try his luck walking into a trap house or basketball court or anywhere in the hood. The Kentucky guy did the same thing pretty much.

So what's the best high-powered weapon that can be used to inflict maximum casualties should I purchase to start taking with me to my yoga classes, since I'm told that's the best way to protect myself from bad guys with guns?  Asking for myself. Would also appreciate tips on how to achieve yoga poses while maintaining combat readiness.  Thx.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because they live in a country where their sex and race give them every advantage and yet they fail. Moreover, they know society is changing in such a way that these advantages are slowly disappearing, making future success in life more difficult.

That's hard some white men to handle. Sadly, many of them react with lethal violence. 

It really fucking sucks.

It’s also the false “oppressed white man” narrative they’re being spoon fed by scam artists preying on their weaknesses.  

White guys still have more advantages in society than any other demographic. But the folks selling the red pills want to make sure the white guys believe they are the ones being disenfranchised when in reality other groups are becoming more franchised.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, M12BH said:

So what's the best high-powered weapon that can be used to inflict maximum casualties should I purchase to start taking with me to my yoga classes, since I'm told that's the best way to protect myself from bad guys with guns?  Asking for myself. Would also appreciate tips on how to achieve yoga poses while maintaining combat readiness.  Thx.  

Oh yeah, and also, because this is important, should it be a different firearm than the one I use to take to synagogue, or the same one?  I'd like to economize if possible.  And what kind of accessories do I need to purchase to make sure that the discharge of said weapons won't disturb a yoga class or, you know, something like a baby naming ceremony?