Perfect Junk Food

Buzzrock

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, TwiceHorn said:

On this, as a kid, I had a healthy disdain for baked Cheetos (that's what they were called long before "baked" chips became a thing).  Then Planters came along with these:

Mvg7vOf.jpg

The original cheezy poofs.  These altered my view of baked cheese puffs.  Now I like them as well or maybe better than the fried.  They are almost different snacks altogether.

FTMFW.   Grandma always had these for us when I was a kid.  Love them to this day; many imitators but only one OG.  There may (or not) be three cans of these currently in my house.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else tried these?  A coworker introduced us to them recently.  They're quite tasty, and a bag (along with a few cans of ice cold tasty beverages) can easily disappear whilst viewing a match of collegiate football.

spacer.png

Edited by Dutch

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You just discovered pretzels?

"Dot's Homestyle Pretzels," yes; just discovered those.  Been a fan of the pretzel (hard, soft, Snyder's pieces, from the mall, etc) in its many iterations for decades, though. 

Edited by Dutch

Anyone else tried these?  A coworker introduced us to them recently.  They're quite tasty, and a bag (along with a few cans of ice cold tasty beverages) can easily disappear whilst viewing a match of collegiate football.
71qRVkHKN3L._SL1500_.jpg
Made in good old Velva North Dakota, they're pretty good. Strong taste but unique. Problem is they're 8-9 bucks a bag

9 hours ago, Larry Sellers said:

Saw some people using Nacho Cheese Doritos to dip into queso. That's not a thing is it?

Sure as hell is. Doritos are an outstanding queso delivery apparatus. Whether homemade queso (the velveeta, sausage, Rotel, and japs variety) or Tostitos queso in the jar... it’s all good. They go well with Wolf Brand chili, too (no beans, obv). Spicy Nacho > original Nacho Cheese when combining with queso. 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Made in good old Velva North Dakota, they're pretty good. Strong taste but unique. Problem is they're 8-9 bucks a bag

They are a bit pricey. I’ve found them at Market Street in Plano (Park & Preston) for $5/16 oz bag. Stocked up when they were on sale for $3.50 once. 

Edited by Dutch

On 11/13/2019 at 7:39 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 11/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Dutch said:
71qRVkHKN3L._SL1500_.jpg

Melva?

Mulva.jpg

15 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Doritos Screamin Sriracha chips.

The most God awful chip I have ever tasted. The dry seasoning they use to mimic Sriracha taste burned. I will have to go slap some Frito Lay exec that approved something even a chip whore like me can't eat. 

I think you're in the wrong thread. Have you considered showing up in the Divorce Thread next telling everyone how perfect your marriage is and that they're all quitters and losers? 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Dutch said:

spacer.png

Partook first the first time last night. Excellent addition to this thread.