Random Tires doing random tire things

mulletpelini

• 4 weeks later...

Had a low tire this morning, first rattle out of the box, so I go to Discount Tire.  Sitting in truck waiting to get tire repaired and 19/20 YO man pulls in with a badass Caddy STS.   Left side rear fender is obliterated and he drove it in on a flat spare.

Glad it ain’t my car...lolz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, I’m something of a NASCAR fan, and I’m particularly a fan of old NASCAR. I enjoy listening to Dave Moody on the NASCAR channel on SiriusXM.

A couple of weeks back, he had an hour long interview with Mark Martin.

Martin talked about a time when early in his career, he got in a bad crash in Missouri and broke both his legs. He was unable to climb in the flatbed truck that he used for a hauler, so he called his dad for help and sent his mechanic on back to Arkansas with the hauler.

His father owned a big trucking company and was fairly well-off.

His dad told him, “don’t worry I’ll be there tomorrow. I’ll bring a suburban and take the backseats out so you can stretch out your broken legs”.

His dad shows up, and picks him up as scheduled.

On the drive home, his father stops for gas. He says “hey, I’m gonna walk over to the Coke machine and get a drink, do you want one?”

Martin says sure grab me one. He’s sitting up in the suburban as his father walks over the Coke machine and is digging in his pocket for change and then BOOM his dad gets taken out by a tire that comes flying off the nearby interstate.

Among other things, his father had a broken leg. So now there are two men with three broken legs between them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, I’m something of a NASCAR fan, and I’m particularly a fan of old NASCAR. I enjoy listening to Dave Moody on the NASCAR channel on SiriusXM.

A couple of weeks back, he had an hour long interview with Mark Martin.

Martin talked about a time when early in his career, he got in a bad crash in Missouri and broke both his legs. He was unable to climb in the flatbed truck that he used for a hauler, so he called his dad for help and sent his mechanic on back to Arkansas with the hauler.

His father owned a big trucking company and was fairly well-off.

His dad told him, “don’t worry I’ll be there tomorrow. I’ll bring a suburban and take the backseats out so you can stretch out your broken legs”.

His dad shows up, and picks him up as scheduled.

On the drive home, his father stops for gas. He says “hey, I’m gonna walk over to the Coke machine and get a drink, do you want one?”

Martin says sure grab me one. He’s sitting up in the suburban as his father walks over the Coke machine and is digging in his pocket for change and then BOOM his dad gets taken out by a tire that comes flying off the nearby interstate.

Among other things, his father had a broken leg. So now there are two men with three broken legs between them.

Someone in that family had stepped on a crack in the sidewalk. 

• 1 month later...