Horns Down

Helobious

The Horns Down  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be a penalty?

• Stop being an easily offended snowflake, it shouldn't be a penalty when an opposing player does it
    • Fuck you, it's textbook taunting & worthy of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

55 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If horns down is a penalty, then so should be the belly rub, the feed me, the throat slash, stupid dances, sarcastic gator chomps, all that stupid horse shit.

Godamn, just get the fuck up, give the ball back to the refs, help up your teammates, and get your ass back in the huddle/line up/side lines, and play the game. You want to look like a Kansas City Faggot, go play soccer or some shit.

I been saying this forever.

Emmitt Smith and Arian Foster had the best endzone celebrations. Pray, bow, celebrate with the teamates ect.

I like how TH has said they got to go thank an O linemen. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

so ljh and a couple players/coaches say publicly that they think horns down is disrespectful, which it is, on purpose (duh) - that's why rivals (and wva) do it.  that's the whole point.

holgo and riley get in touch with league office, and are instructed about penalties.

why are people acting like we're crybabies and responsible for this?  and when i say "we're" i mean our players/coaches. (i know we have butthurt fans).  as far as i know, we didn't petition the league office.  when someone does something disrespectful, we're no longer allowed to mention it in articles or tweets?  we're not allowed to use it as locker room material?

i love that our rivals (and wva) do it.  i love it even more when they do it in a game we're not involved in (which definitely happens in ou and a&m games).  99% of teams don't have a universally recognized hand signal, and i feel lucky that my team does.  my dad taught it to me when i was little, and told me when to do it and not do it during my first game when i was like 7 (fight song, big 3rd downs, injuries, etc).  i taught my wife how it works, when to keep the hand still and when to move it forward.  i have done the same with my nephews.

as with pretty much all taunting, if they get up in our players' shit and do it, they should be penalized.  if they do it to the stands (which will be split even moreso than the rrr) than who gives a shit?

i don't care that this has become a story.  but i don't see how everyone is blaming us.  am i missing something?  other than a couple tweets from our guys (or really just tweets quoting our guys), i barely see us complaining, and i seriously doubt ljh has that kind of juice with the b12 office to institute a rule change.

i blame the big12.  i think the opposing coaches are part of it.  and i feel bad for that kid in the hospital, that was weird.  otherwise, go horns.

The short answer is that the media and fans are idiots. We didn't have anything to do with it and, as noted, we were penalized for the equivalent years ago.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so ljh and a couple players/coaches say publicly that they think horns down is disrespectful, which it is, on purpose (duh) - that's why rivals (and wva) do it.  that's the whole point.

holgo and riley get in touch with league office, and are instructed about penalties.

why are people acting like we're crybabies and responsible for this?  and when i say "we're" i mean our players/coaches. (i know we have butthurt fans).  as far as i know, we didn't petition the league office.  when someone does something disrespectful, we're no longer allowed to mention it in articles or tweets?  we're not allowed to use it as locker room material?

i love that our rivals (and wva) do it.  i love it even more when they do it in a game we're not involved in (which definitely happens in ou and a&m games).  99% of teams don't have a universally recognized hand signal, and i feel lucky that my team does.  my dad taught it to me when i was little, and told me when to do it and not do it during my first game when i was like 7 (fight song, big 3rd downs, injuries, etc).  i taught my wife how it works, when to keep the hand still and when to move it forward.  i have done the same with my nephews.

as with pretty much all taunting, if they get up in our players' shit and do it, they should be penalized.  if they do it to the stands (which will be split even moreso than the rrr) than who gives a shit?

i don't care that this has become a story.  but i don't see how everyone is blaming us.  am i missing something?  other than a couple tweets from our guys (or really just tweets quoting our guys), i barely see us complaining, and i seriously doubt ljh has that kind of juice with the b12 office to institute a rule change.

i blame the big12.  i think the opposing coaches are part of it.  and i feel bad for that kid in the hospital, that was weird.  otherwise, go horns.

We are always the target of bullshit - the big 12 is literally instigating controversy where it isn't. 

Pathetic conference, ran by complete dipshits and officiated by complete dipshits.

27 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why are people acting like we're crybabies and responsible for this? 

Because said people largely reside in the backwater trailer park paradises known as Oklahoma and West Virginia.  To think critically in those aforementioned areas is highly discouraged by the populace.

• Like 1

Coke?  Okay, cool.  Hook 'Em.

The fact this  Upside-Down hook 'em story has so much traction this week is quite telling in my opinion.  You can't walk up to an opponent or the cameraman and put your middle finger up.  

If something bothers you, you probably shouldn't let 'the public' know about it.  Because if you tell people what bothers you, you've guaranteed they'll do that exact thing every time you see them.   Inflicting psychological trauma is a core function of human beings.  

Big 12 may have outlawed the gesture on the field, but I'd expect a tenfold increase in 'horns down' sightings everywhere else.   

1 hour ago, Monster said:

If something bothers you, you probably shouldn't let 'the public' know about it. 

The furor didn't originate with us. Dana Holgorsen started all of this.

And there aren't rules against it everywhere else or by anyone other than players/team folks. It absolutely should be called against those people.

Edited by Tex Pete

If something bothers you, you probably shouldn't let 'the public' know about it.  Because if you tell people what bothers you, you've guaranteed they'll do that exact thing every time you see them.   Inflicting psychological trauma is a core function of human beings.  

Big 12 may have outlawed the gesture on the field, but I'd expect a tenfold increase in 'horns down' sightings everywhere else.   

Well I hope the fans are ready to get laughed at. If I get a horns down in my face I will laugh at the moron doing it. That's not to say we don't have some fans who will overreact, but if the end goal is to either get laughed at or punched then I guess more power to them.

• Like 1

They will just do it more before and after the game.  Then they will make Hagar apologize for not letting them grab his balls.  

Horns down is disrespectful, but it makes me laugh when I see people go out of their way to do it with our official logo. Like when they flew the Texas flag upside down in Morgantown, or when aggy and sooner fans put Texas stickers upside down. Those idiots don’t realize they are purchasing official Texas merchandise to do so, ultimately contributing to our revenue stream. 

I still don’t get why wvu acts like it does towards Texas. Almost no history between the schools, and the on field bully has been ou for the entirety of wvu’s existence in the conference. 

Turning the flag on the stadium upside down is a bigger deal in that apparently the entire university saw it and thought yeah that’s a good idea. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Welcome to nearly 20 years ago when Roy Williams got a flag for it.

I wish the sports media had any idea about stuff they reported on. Then they would realize that we got flagged for horns up nearly 20 years ago and got flagged for guns down six years ago. The only difference is that WE DIDN'T CRY ABOUT IT TO THE MEDIA LIKE THE LITTLE BABY BITCHES IN MORGANTOWN AND NORMAN.

• Like 2

A sign that we do as a show of support to each other. That is not unsportsmanlike in the least. Taking a sign and changing it to be mocking and disrespectful is unsportsmanlike. 

Idc if they flag horns down or not, but it is clearly different, and the intent of those throwing horns down is negativity. No way around that. But I sure do pity the fools. 

Bowlsby can suck a dick. He’s a fucking disgrace  and an idiot. 

I'll hand it to Lincoln Riley, he may have been full genius on this one.  He asks the conference for clarification, the conference says "it's a penalty" (as if they were going to say anything different) and the perception is that Texas asked for this ruling and are whiners.  My OU friends on facebook are yucking it up aggy style.  I like you guys but do not care enough to correct them.  Please beat these fucking mouthbreathers.  Please!

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'll hand it to Lincoln Riley, he may have been full genius on this one.  He asks the conference for clarification, the conference says "it's a penalty" (as if they were going to say anything different) and the perception is that Texas asked for this ruling and are whiners. 

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool and than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Sooners haven't really ever grasped that.

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Welcome to nearly 20 years ago when Roy Williams got a flag for it.

I wish the sports media had any idea about stuff they reported on. Then they would realize that we got flagged for horns up nearly 20 years ago and got flagged for guns down six years ago. The only difference is that WE DIDN'T CRY ABOUT IT TO THE MEDIA LIKE THE LITTLE BABY BITCHES IN MORGANTOWN AND NORMAN.

He and Sam Hurd got flagged for it a few years ago against the Vikings as well.  Because two players doing Hook'em is a coordinated celebration.

Edited by JBJ

On 11/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, henrygandorf said:

You're married?