Social Media Internship - Paid

immamac

Surly is looking to have someone who isn't completely useless like blacklab and myself are on all social media platforms.

Resumes without pics will be thrown out.

[Serious]

We are looking for a member to join the Surly team and help curate some of our best content to get it out on the wider web via social media posting and management. Job duties would include things like post of the day, major developments in recruiting, replying to other twitter/facebook/instagrame accounts with funny content/memes, etc 

Candidates should have either prior experience with social media management platforms (hootsuite or whatever) or have a provable significant following on any social media platorm(s) that doesn't comprise of mostly bots. Candidates should also be local to the Austin area since we will probably meet in person fairly often, although we would consider non-local candidates with strong experience.

Obviously no degree is required, but bonus points if you are a UT Student and obviously super bonus points if you are a content contributor on the site already. 

A little bit about Surlyhorns:

We are a top 12,000 website in the US by traffic and have over 60k unique users per month visit the site and of those over 5,000 daily active users. At any given time we have between 750 and 2,000 users accessing content on our site and all content is created by our glorious members. 

Perks of the job:

You get to be a mod!
You get paid to browse Surly!
Involvement in the SurlyHorns Podcast!
Help formulate our social media strategy as a resume builder
Weekly lunch meet ups.

Don't get the wrong expectation:

This will not be a high paying job, you will be a 1099 contractor and pay will depend on experience - We aren't looking to spend more than bout treefiddy
There are no benefits (health/vision/dental/life insurance/etc) of any kind
This should probably not be your only job unless you have a trust fund

Where to send your info?

Send your resume, a paragraph or 2 about why you would be a good fit and links to social media sites you either manage or your personal account with over 5k followers to gigs@surlyhorns.com

Bonus points if you post your paragraph(s) here and receive over 20 rep

I would gladly apply for this position. However, if I'm getting paid to Surf the Surly, you best not pay me by the hour you'd go broke, I'm here nearly all the time. However after rereading your qualification list I'm even more useless than you and black lab so I guess that leaves me out. However if you get desperate drop me a line or private message.

Sincerely,

Shooter 12 social media Guru

Edit: I'll take my bonus rep now.

Edited by SHOOTER12

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, immamac said:

Bump

no wonder you need to hire a social media director - you buried this thread on a board that is rarely visited, might as well send up smoke screens.

I will consider it - but I have a few demands we should discuss before we really start negotiations.
-  my parking tickets paid
- a collection of 8-track tapes
- a full weeks Emperors package at Caesars Palace
- never pay taxes, again - ever
- a black S500 to receive me at the airport, with the interior to be exactly 71°

• Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, immamac said:

Surly is looking to have someone who isn't completely useless like blacklab and myself are on all social media platforms.

Looking for someone who fits this description here is like looking for the righteous man in a den of thieves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1