Fuck Jerry Jones & Jason Garrett

Vic Mackey

Ha. I don't know why you guys give a shit anymore. Nothing will change until Jerry's no longer in charge. 2007, 2014, 2016 were the outliers. The other years are exactly the mediocrity that's the hallmark of this franchise under Jerry Jones. None of it changes as long as he breathes in oxygen. I hate to be dark about that but he's not giving up this thing while he's still alive.

• Like 5

Just now, mdmost said:

Ha. I don't know why you guys give a shit anymore. Nothing will change until Jerry's no longer in charge. 2007, 2014, 2016 were the outliers. The other years are exactly the mediocrity that's the hallmark of this franchise under Jerry Jones. None of it changes as long as he breathes in oxygen. I hate to be dark about that but he's not giving up this thing while he's still alive.

Ehhh Stephen will be just as bad most likely. But still, fuck them regardless. Plus with the Horns going down the last 2 weeks, I was hoping at least some team I root for would do anything this weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Someone needs to post a picture of tom landry with that curse effect

I think you mean Jimmy Johnson.  that's the curse.  there is a very small piece of me that wishes we had lost that SB that that shithead Switzer coached.

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

At least we have the draft to look forward too.

No, no you don’t.

You have nothing to look forward to until the Jones clan sells out to a Chinese Billionaire who cares about winning or dies in a plane crash.

Only  then will things possibly get better. Unless you are a masochist, start watching curling or quidditch.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Someone needs to post a picture of tom landry with that curse effect

How? They won 3 Super Bowls shortly after firing Landry. You can argue Jerry was a douche how he went about it but Landry moving on was the right call and actually needed to happen sooner. Landry is not the curse. The curse is Jerry's ego. He sold his soul for 3 Super Bowls and is paying for it ever since.

• Like 1

No, no you don’t.
You have nothing to look forward to until the Jones clan sells out to a Chinese Billionaire who cares about winning or dies in a plane crash.
Only  then will things possibly get better. Unless you are a masochist, start watching curling or quidditch.

Sarcasm!

Yep. I’m a used to be die hard that has slowly lost interest over the last 20 years. Still watch every game but have gone from pissed off to ‘oh well’. Not sure how much I have left.  What sux is that I’m about halfway through this same process with the horns. The worst weekends are when both lose.

Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

How many super bowls have the Cowboys won since Tom passed away?

Hell, I think they've only won 2 playoff games since then.  (Fun fact- the Texans have won 3)

Ok so you think he's the curse because he died of old age? I had assumed you thought he was the curse because of how he was fired. Odd but eh whatever.

The basic issue is what it always has been--Jerry would rather lose than win if someone else is able to take credit for it. That's why Garrett is here. He's Jerry's puppet, and would thus validate all of Jerry's delusions with a championship. 

That said, I thought we'd at least beat f**king Tennessee.

Need to clap harder, I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ok so you think he's the curse because he died of old age? I had assumed you thought he was the curse because of how he was fired. Odd but eh whatever.

OK then maybe Jerry's original face is the curse...who cares...they suck and will continue to suck for a long long time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

OK then maybe Jerry's original face is the curse...who cares...they suck and will continue to suck for a long long time 

Jerry is the curse. He gave and he took away. We sold out for success in a 5 year window and 2 decades plus of suck. Is that a worthwhile trade off? Maybe. You always want Super Bowls. I just want to experience a Super Bowl while I'm an adult and can celebrate and enjoy. I was 8,9 and 11 during the 3 in 4 year run. I am 34 now. I didn't appreciate those Super Bowls. Hell I started to watch football at the age of 6. So as I am grasping what the game is, my team is winning Super Bowls and I think it's normal and no biggie.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

nah, there's no use in shooting messenger.  This has been the truth since '89.  The greatness of Jimmy Johnson overcame Jerrah. It even overcame Barry Switzer.  

Jerrah is a fucking clown when it comes to football.