Fuck Jerry Jones & Jason Garrett

Vic Mackey

We shouldn’t be surprised that Garrett still has his job. In the business world every day I run into empty suits who’ve led their organizations to mediocrity for years and have never had to face any consequences.

They had that gift of being able to sound credible. That’s all it takes. If you’ve managed to give your boss the illusion that you are doing the best anyone could in a bad performing org, you can skate for years.

35 minutes ago, Chad said:

It's amazing Garrett still has a job as a head coach. He's managed to win 1 playoff game and he's been a head coach for 7 seasons now. That's putrid.

It's only amazing if you don't fully understand Jerry Jones. He is the only owner in the league who would still employ Garrett. Garrett is not even OC material, much less a head coach.

And it is now 8 seasons. Last half of 2010. And now half of this season. I don't think he sees a 9th, though.

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Said in the game thread that Cooper looked like the best player on the team last night.  I'll take that even though I'd like the pick.  There really isn't anything in terms of LT, QB, WR, DE coming out next year that warrants a 8-15 pick

That's when you draft into the position of best draft strength, which is naturally the opposite of what the Cowboys do. Draft to the strength of the draft, sort out the roster later. Because after the top 10-15 picks there's not that much difference between late 1 and a 3rd. THat's why it's a shame they gave up that pick, because it would have probably been pretty high. Delusional Jerry likely expected it to be 25-ish on up.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, Chad said:

It's amazing Garrett still has a job as a head coach. He's managed to win 1 playoff game and he's been a head coach for 7 seasons now. That's putrid.

Marvin Lewis says hi. Lewis has been HC of the Bengals since 2003. He has a .530 all-time winning percentage and is 0-7 in the playoffs.

Edited by C-Man

13 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There is some positive to the Cowboys being bad yet again. It feels like finally the franchise may be realizing something must change. Jerry said they needed to face reality. I just wish they wouldn’t have waited their first round pick.

Jerry doesn’t care about the W/L “reality”. If he did he wouldn’t have had a string of milk toast Humpty Dumpty wet noodles as HC. He might even fap to that. He cares about $ P/ $(L )for Cowboys Inc as priority 1–100.

His actions ,not his hollow fake words have told the story for nearly 20 years. I really cannot fathom any intelligent person believing anything else.

It’s sad and pathetic when Cowboy fans direct any anger against anyone else in the organization. It’s all Jerry all the time. Nothing else makes sense, just the dollars for JJ and whatever sick pleasure he derives from the pain of fans and advertisers that pay the bills.

Stephen is not a hope either. They either sell out or die. Nothing will change. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2018 at 9:47 AM, Chooky said:

It's strange.  I can no longer fathom having any semblance of an emotional investment in a NFL team.  If it wasn't for fantasy football, which is now more of a traditional obligation with a group of friends than a game, I'd have no idea and no curiosity.  I look at weekly performances like it's a bank statement.  There are players and owners who I hate and hope things go very poorly for them.  Kareem Hunt is fun to watch.  Mahomes highlights are entertaining.  Malcom Butler did ballet on the sideline and scored last weekend.  I can still do highlights.  Sitting through an entire NFL game would be like completing a defensive driving video.  It has become a dreadfully dull product compared to college and high school football.    

Its like being a fan of a corporation.  Yay Texas Instruments!!! Booo IBM!!!

Great fucking shareholders meeting!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 4:31 PM, The People’s Elbow said:

Success to Jerry is your money and your attention. You keep supporting him through his garbage, he continues to be successful. It’s pretty simple.

It’s unreal that people still support this asshole, but they keep hoping it’s 25 years ago. 

JJ trolling Cowboy fans for decades and some of these masochists won’t give up, despite golden showers and brown hail from JJ they keep it slurping it up then get mad that it happened again, like last season. Insanity by definition.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:19 PM, mdmost said:

Ha. I don't know why you guys give a shit anymore. Nothing will change until Jerry's no longer in charge. 2007, 2014, 2016 were the outliers. The other years are exactly the mediocrity that's the hallmark of this franchise under Jerry Jones. None of it changes as long as he breathes in oxygen. I hate to be dark about that but he's not giving up this thing while he's still alive.

Guess I'll just bump this every year because it's been the case since 1996. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:19 PM, mdmost said:

Ha. I don't know why you guys give a shit anymore. Nothing will change until Jerry's no longer in charge. 2007, 2014, 2016 were the outliers. The other years are exactly the mediocrity that's the hallmark of this franchise under Jerry Jones. None of it changes as long as he breathes in oxygen. I hate to be dark about that but he's not giving up this thing while he's still alive.

Yep. I came to this conclusion years ago & stopped wasting my time on the Cowboys. Maybe someday the Cowboys will be rid of these two walking abortions & I'll be able to start giving a shit again about the team I grew up loving. Until then, though ... nope. I'm still out. 

It's amazing how much money people throw at this POS year after year, enabling him & his ego to shit all over a once-proud Cowboys franchise.

Edited by wood

I don't even remember making this thread over a year ago lol. But yes, fuck them both still. Obviously. Judging by the date this was made, I am guessing that is after the Titans loss on MNF that sent Dallas to 3-5 and looked dead in the water. Although they went on a tear and won the rest of their games besides one and got to the divisional round. Hindsight, worst thing that could have happened. Has they just continued to lose, Jason would have been fired last year and we would already be with another regime. There was zero chance Dallas was winning it all last year. It was fool's gold. Yeah we won a wild card game and it was fun in the moment but the second we played a good team in the Rams, we get buttfucked as usual. And Jason got to keep his job.

2 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. I came to this conclusion years ago & stopped wasting my time on the Cowboys. Maybe someday the Cowboys will be rid of these two walking abortions & I'll be able to start giving a shit again about the team I grew up loving. Until then, though ... nope. I'm still out. 

It's amazing how much money people throw at this POS year after year, enabling him & his ego to shit all over a once-proud Cowboys franchise.

Cowboys get rid of Jerry? He is the Cowboys sadly. And don't worry when he dies. His inept son will take over this team. Who has no idea what the fuck he is doing. At least Jerry in his early days took risks. Stephen will run the team like a Dollar General shopper and trying to be as cheap as possible and take zero risks. Fuck him, too. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:16 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck you both.

It's more Fuck Jerry. He's got Jason on a short leash I'm betting. What a fucked up organization, just being slightly edged out by the Redskins.  We grew up die hard Cowboys fans from the early 70's on.  Last night not a single Cowboys fan was in the room for many parts of that debacle. THAT has never happened before.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think I'd rather eat a value priced steak from the dollar store than watch any more of a Garrett led team.

Jerry killed my love for the Cowboys/NFL.  The first few years I despised him.  Now I feel like I owe him a thank you.  

edit: and see post above.  Exactly like our thanksgiving.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Fuck Beasley. Hate athletes that bad mouth their former teams just because they didn’t pay their free agent demands. Players have no problem leaving teams to chase the money, should those teams bad mouth them? He’s a little bitch

Seriously  ?  One of the best possession receivers in football.

I can't argue that, I haven't read any thing he's said. I just know he was a classic Cowboy type, old school player, and losing him was bad.  Was he popular in the locker room ?

I don’t know about his popularity in the locker room but bad mouthing former coaches and teammates just because they didn’t meet your demands is petty and immature. He can definitely play however

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Cowboys get rid of Jerry? He is the Cowboys sadly. And don't worry when he dies. His inept son will take over this team. Who has no idea what the fuck he is doing. At least Jerry in his early days took risks. Stephen will run the team like a Dollar General shopper and trying to be as cheap as possible and take zero risks. Fuck him, too. 

Yeah, Jerry is the Cowboys now. That's the problem. He took the Cowboys from something we could be proud of, to ... this. I didn't say they'll be rid of the Joneses any time soon. I said until they are rid of 'em, then I'm not wasting time on a lost cause, just as I decided years ago.  Fuck those pieces of shit. Zero respect. Don't understand why anyone gives them their money.

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Fuck Beasley. Hate athletes that bad mouth their former teams just because they didn’t pay their free agent demands. Players have no problem leaving teams to chase the money, should those teams bad mouth them? He’s a little bitch

Especially given the fact that Beasley literally quit football his during his 1st training camp and the Cowboys staff went to him and talked him out of giving up on his lifelong dream. 

Yeah, Jerry is the Cowboys now. That's the problem. He took the Cowboys from something we could be proud of, to ... this. I didn't say they'll be rid of the Joneses any time soon. I said until they are rid of 'em, then I'm not wasting time on a lost cause, just as I decided years ago.  Fuck those pieces of shit. Zero respect. Don't understand why anyone gives them their money.
fuck Bum Bright fuck him in his prolapsed aggy ass. after clint died his fucking moron family was stupid enough to put the team in the hands of an aggy moron who sold it to a inbred dimwit from arkansas for gods sake. aggy, fucking shit up since dirt.
  • Like 1

The problem was never Garrett or Campo ....they are not elite HCs. It’s always been and alway will be Jerrah. 

Problem in terms of W/L. Not bank. 

His approach to coaches since the last Super Bowl the Cowboys won seem almost like he made a deal with the league NOT to win, as long as he made money. It’s just not rational what he has done with this team for 2 decades after their success early in his ownership.

Most major pro sports though have some sketchy elements to them since it’s big business. Big business doesn’t rely on chance- in any field.

• Like 2