Whoa! We have a game tonight?!

Knoxtnhorn

I think that Tennessee could be ranked a bit high,  but their ceiling is definitely final four caliber. If they can simply get repeat performances from Schofield and Williams (never mind if either one improves) they're off to a great start. It's a deep team that shot lights out last year, and if they do that again then they will be real contenders this year.

Their guard trio (Bowden, Turner, and Bone) is really good, and they have plenty of role players on the bench. They'll play Gonzaga and probably KU in the early season as well as Louisville, WVU (Big XII vs SEC), and obviously UK twice, so they'll have some good tests throughout the season. Plus the SEC is no longer a total joke of a conference, so they'll have every chance to earn that ranking. Should be a really good team though.

My biggest question is how they handle have a total 180 on expectations this year. Last year they were picked to finish 13th in the SEC and they won the league and finished as a top 10 national team. This year have their highest ever preseason ranking. I like the makeup of this team, both skill wise and mentally. It has the potential to be one if Rick Barnes best ever teams, even up there with his 2003, 2006, and 2008 Texas teams. Should be a fun season. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2