Larry Nassar thread

Wally Fairway

Oh, and I love how they call this a "failure".  No it's not.  It was willful and should be criminal.  Fuck you DOJ for not acknowledging that truth--

The report found that W. Jay Abbott, then the Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis FBI office, and another unnamed agent made false statements and omitted important information in a 2017 report, then lied to inspector general investigators looking into the report. Abbott also provided "materially false statements" during interviews "to minimize errors made by the Indianapolis Field Office." 

The report added Abbott violated ethics guidelines while negotiating for a job with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee during the investigation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

@ArmybratThey run around as if they are to be respected.  They aren't and that is correct.  It they didn't have so much power to ruin people's lives it would be comical. 

I heard a radio interview w/some FBI alum who worked for Hoover.  He pulled no punches on how the Bureau is a complete embarrassment to him and other alum.  More of them need to see time behind bars, but we all know that won't happen.

It's just "failure"(s).

You, the lowly pos citizen lies to them and it's off to prison you go.  They do the same thing and it's, "We failed.  We're making changes..."

Fuck you.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

So a group of USA/Olympic gymnasts (and their attorneys) have filed suit against the FBI seeking $1 billion.
I'm thinking the surly bar association should have gotten in on this litigation, because some of these barristers  are going to be upgrading their jets, yachts and private islands.

Whenever I can I link to the Indianapolis Star, as they were the paper that broke this story
Simone Biles, USA gymnasts sue FBI in Larry Nassar sex abuse case (indystar.com)

• 1 year later...

Not the update you were hoping for, but close

Former US national gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar was stabbed multiple times in prison on Sunday during a fight with another inmate, the BBC's US partner CBS News reports.

Nassar, 59, was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison for molesting gymnasts.

He is reportedly in hospital in stable condition after the Sunday attack.

He suffered a collapsed lung after being stabbed twice in the neck, twice in the back and six times in the chest, a prison union leader told NBC.

In a statement to the BBC, the Federal Bureau of Prisons said an inmate had been assaulted at 14:35 EST (18:35 GMT) on Sunday at United States Penitentiary Coleman in Florida, where the disgraced former doctor is serving time.

"Responding staff immediately initiated life-saving measures", the agency said, and the inmate was taken to a local hospital "for further treatment and evaluation". An internal investigation has been launched.

No staff or other inmates were injured in the incident.

• Hook 'Em 2