Conde Nast's Top 20 Restaurants in Dallas

C-Man

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Personally would have added a few and dropped a few but yeah...overall, pretty good little list.

• 1 month later...

Pretty good list. Not sure I buy places like Mia's and Off-Site as "top 20" but I like that they are trying to hit every price point. 

It just reminded me of how fucking good Royal China is. Does any other traditional(ish) Chinese even come close to that in Dallas?

Uchi and Knife seem like cop-outs. Uchi is now a chain - and one that didn't start in Dallas. Doesn't belong on a "best restaurants in Dallas" list imo. This isn't Oklahoma City. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It just reminded me of how fucking good Royal China is. Does any other traditional(ish) Chinese even come close to that in Dallas?

If there is, I haven’t found it.  Just hate that they don’t deliver.  I’m guessing you can get it through Favor or Uber Eats or something but I find those services to take forever and often show up cold if the restaurant isn’t really close by.

Sadly, Howard Wangs is still our go-to for that kind of Chinese delivery...it has slipped pretty bad over the years.

6 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

If there is, I haven’t found it.  Just hate that they don’t deliver.  I’m guessing you can get it through Favor or Uber Eats or something but I find those services to take forever and often show up cold if the restaurant isn’t really close by.

Sadly, Howard Wangs is still our go-to for that kind of Chinese delivery...it has slipped pretty bad over the years.

I worked for doordash a bit in college and picked up from there a few times for customers. 

I wouldn't recommend that as it is a horrible fucking company now that doesn't give a shit about the customer. 

It looks like the delivery page on their site takes you to Caviar which I'm guessing is more reliable than doordash but have never used. Up to you whether you want to risk it or not. 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I worked for doordash a bit in college and picked up from there a few times for customers. 

I wouldn't recommend that as it is a horrible fucking company now that doesn't give a shit about the customer. 

It looks like the delivery page on their site takes you to Caviar which I'm guessing is more reliable than doordash but have never used. Up to you whether you want to risk it or not. 

Google map shows I’m over 6 miles and almost 20 mins from there so I worry about it getting cold no matter what service I use.

41 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Google map shows I’m over 6 miles and almost 20 mins from there so I worry about it getting cold no matter what service I use.

True, but reheated Royal China is still probably better than anything else out there.  We are too far for any of the delivery services, so it's take out for us.   I drive from Royal to Oak Cliff like it's a f'in emergency.

Edited by DFWTexEx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DFWTexEx said:

True, but reheated Royal China is still probably better than anything else out there.  We are too far for any of the delivery services, so it's take out for us.   I drive from Royal to Oak Cliff like it's a f'in emergency.

Haha sounds like I need to use the DFWTexEx delivery service next time I want Chinese.

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

Pretty good list. Not sure I buy places like Mia's and Off-Site as "top 20" but I like that they are trying to hit every price point. 

Uchi and Knife seem like cop-outs. Uchi is now a chain - and one that didn't start in Dallas. Doesn't belong on a "best restaurants in Dallas" list imo. This isn't Oklahoma City. 

Don't care -- it's so, so, so fucking good.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Don't care -- it's so, so, so fucking good.

Not arguing that it isn't a top 20 restaraunt - it just seems like the rest of the list went with institutions or homegrown spots so it seemed kind of out of place.

Anyway, I'm being pedantic.