The Donald Trump Jr. thread

Gil Bang

Guest Lobo

Don, Jr. "My re-up is $600, so let's set the price at that for my cameo clips." 

Adviser: "Sir, that would look really suspiciously coincidental."

Don, Jr. "My father was right, always surround yourself with the best people.  Good idea, set it at $599.99.  I'll find the change mug."   

• 4 weeks later...

The Penn Supreme Court ruled that a prosecutor made a deal not to prosecute him at some point.  Seems like that shouldn't apply when new shit comes to light.  See Epstein, Jeffrey.

Edited by kevwun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This fucking twat is selling Alec Baldwin/Rust themed t-shirts:

https://www.nme.com/news/film/donald-trump-jr-is-selling-t-shirts-about-alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-3078695

Donald Trump Jr has been selling T-shirts referring to Alec Baldwin’s fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.

The actor fired a prop gun during production last week, which killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza, with Baldwin since saying that his “heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna”.

ADVERTISING

Trump Jr, who is the son of former US president Donald Trump and a frequent critic of Baldwin, has taken to his Instagram Stories to share a T-shirt that says: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”, which is being sold for $27.99 (£20.32) on his website.

Advertisement

He also photoshopped an image of Baldwin wearing the T-shirt, and in recent days has been posting memes related to the actor, including one saying: “Let’s all watch Alec Baldwin blame the gun.”

Speaking after the incident last week, Baldwin said: “There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother, and deeply admired colleague of ours.

“I’m fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”

Production on Rust has since wrapped “until investigations are complete”, according to a letter to the film’s crew, with Baldwin reportedly cancelling other projects in the wake of the incident.

Halyna Hutchins at Sundance 2018 CREDIT: Mat Hayward/Getty Images for AMC Networks

Advertisement

An affidavit has since been released that includes testimony from Souza, who said that a scene involving Baldwin “cross drawing” a revolver and pointing it at a camera was being rehearsed when the incident occurred and that he was assured the gun that killed Hutchins was safe beforehand.

Additionally, cameraman Russell Reid said that Baldwin was “very careful” with the gun, and the actor had tried to ensure safety on set earlier on.

No charges have been made in relation to the incident at the time of writing.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Alec Baldwin should sue the fucker.  Don Jr. is a shitheel.  He used to live on my block.  Fuck that guy.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Macanudo said:

I know I look different than 2016 but if you go back and look at the picture of the Trump War Room during election night 2016 and today, Donnie looks like he's been dead a while.  Both on the outside and the inside.

he needs to pick up the coke use 

• 1 month later...

This was funny and incisive.  https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/12/gospel-donald-trump-jr/621122/

Donald Trump Jr. is both intensely unappealing and uninteresting. He combines in his person corruption, ineptitude, and banality. He is perpetually aggrieved; obsessed with trolling the left; a crude, one-dimensional figure who has done a remarkably good job of keeping from public view any redeeming qualities he might have.

There’s a case to be made that he’s worth ignoring, except for this: Don Jr. has been his father’s chief emissary to MAGA world; he’s one of the most popular figures in the Republican Party; and he’s influential with Republicans in positions of power. He’s also attuned to what appeals to the base of the GOP. So, from time to time, it is worth paying attention to what he has to say.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, Bullneck said:

I get that the comedy bar is lowered for Trumpers/GOP supporters, but are they even trying anymore?  Nothing about this even makes sense. 

GIFs and JibJabs used to be the one thing they weren't completely terrible at.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

intensely unappealing and uninteresting. He combines in his person corruption, ineptitude, and banality. He is perpetually aggrieved; obsessed with trolling the left; a crude, one-dimensional figure who has done a remarkably good job of keeping from public view any redeeming qualities he might have.

Ummm....if you've paid ANY attention to MAGA-world, you realize this makes him their A-#1 DREAMBOAT.  This is what they want.  It's what they think a "leader" is and does.

A Trump Jr./Kyle Rittenhouse (or any other darling of the MAGA-sphere) ticket is a shoe-in for POTUS in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This was funny and incisive.  https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/12/gospel-donald-trump-jr/621122/

Donald Trump Jr. is both intensely unappealing and uninteresting. He combines in his person corruption, ineptitude, and banality. He is perpetually aggrieved; obsessed with trolling the left; a crude, one-dimensional figure who has done a remarkably good job of keeping from public view any redeeming qualities he might have.

There’s a case to be made that he’s worth ignoring, except for this: Don Jr. has been his father’s chief emissary to MAGA world; he’s one of the most popular figures in the Republican Party; and he’s influential with Republicans in positions of power. He’s also attuned to what appeals to the base of the GOP. So, from time to time, it is worth paying attention to what he has to say.

This is the definition of the entirety of the magats.  Don Jr. is perfect because he personifies them better than even his father does.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

I get that the comedy bar is lowered for Trumpers/GOP supporters, but are they even trying anymore?  Nothing about this even makes sense. 

GIFs and JibJabs used to be the one thing they weren't completely terrible at.

So Trump is the stuffing?  Or the evaporated meat that cooked out of the over-done turkey?  Or?  What am I missing here?  The Cousin Eddie "save the neck for me" part made sense.  But I don't get it.  

It is funny that Trump looked like Elaine Benes dancing right there, and JLD is in this movie...so that's something I can wrap my little brain around.

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The mere fact that Trump supporters used to howl in approval of his pathetic disco dance moves tells you plenty about their thought processes.

To be fair, Trump's Jerky Jerk comes from a long tradition of politicians relating to the common man thru the magic of dance- the sheer vodka-fueled willpower of Yeltsin's Angry Heel Click, the self-consciousness of Gore's Awkward Frankenstein, and the utter giddiness of Perry's Yay First Day Of School. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...