The Donald Trump Jr. thread

Gil Bang

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The detail is pretty fucking dumb. He left a paper trail and tried to play the "I do not recawwwwl" card

As part of the case, Racine has taken depositions from Tom Barrack, the investor and Donald Trump pal who chaired the inauguration committee; Rick Gates, the committee’s former deputy chair, who subsequently pleaded guilty to two charges stemming from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Trump-Russia investigation; and two of Trump’s adult children: Donald Jr. and Ivanka. Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a top producer for the inauguration committee, was deposed as a lead witness cooperating with the investigation. Racine has also collected internal emails and material from the committee, its officials, and others who worked on the inauguration.

During his deposition, Trump Jr. frequently replied, “I don’t recall,” and he downplayed his involvement in preparation for his father’s inauguration in January 2017. In several exchanges, he made statements that are contradicted by documents or the recollections of others and that appear to be false. 

One of the clearest instances of Trump Jr. not testifying accurately came when he was asked about Winston Wolkoff. As the lawsuit notes, during the organization of the inauguration, Winston Wolkoff, then a close friend of Melania Trump, had raised concerns with the president-elect, Ivanka Trump, and Gates about the prices the Trump Hotel was charging the inauguration committee for events to be held there. This included a written warning to Ivanka Trump and Gates that Trump’s hotel was trying to charge the committee twice the market rate for event space. (Gates ignored the warning, the lawsuit notes, and the committee struck a contract with the Trump Hotel for $1.03 million, an amount the lawsuit says was far above the hotel’s own pricing guidelines.) 

During his deposition, Trump Jr. was asked about Winston Wolkoff: “Do you know her?” He replied, “I know of her. I think I’ve met her, but I don’t know her. If she was in this room I’m not sure I would recognize her.” He added, “I had no involvement with her.”

Let’s go to a videotape obtained by Mother Jones:

This footage is from a tony candlelight dinner held at Union Station in Washington, DC, the night before Trump’s inauguration. This soiree was one of the official inauguration events. (A million-dollar contribution to the inauguration committee earned a Trump donor a ticket.) Here Trump Jr. can be seen profusely praising Barrack and Winston Wolkoff for the “incredible” work they did. It seems he did know her.

And documents obtained by Mother Jones shows there’s evidence that Trump Jr.’s claim of having “no involvement” with Winston Wolkoff was false. On January 17, 2017, an assistant for Ivanka Trump texted Winston Wolkoff and said that Trump Jr. wanted to speak to her, providing Winston Wolkoff with his cell number.

DTJrtexttoSWW.png

That same day, Trump Jr. emailed Winston Wolkoff and asked if they could talk. He said he had a contact who “seems to have some very big talent lined up, if we wanted it” for the inauguration events. Winston Wolkoff responded in an email, saying that the inauguration committee was “locked and loaded” for all its events. And Trump Jr. replied, “Thank you Stephanie, I wanted to see if you were still possibly looking for talent. Some friends of mine that are quite big in the industry have been asking around and would be able to put together a pretty impressive roster.”

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lobo

Yes Don, I think we all know what you mean by rising prices of “raw materials”.  We share your concerns about the increasing costs of Colombian Lumber, wink wink. 

please don’t share this message with Eric though or he’ll go cut down a rainforest to get back in your good graces.   

It tickles me that there's multi page threads for GOP nutcases that I probably never would have known about if not for this forum--tits and guns lady, that dumb CrossFit bitch, the hair gel dude banging minors--but the eldest son of the fat fuck in charge can only garner two pages of interest. What a fucking chode.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Imaging having so little to do that you worried about shit like this

Well fuck.  That's what I think when my posts on here don't get more rep.  

Time for some self reflection

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Imaging having so little to do that you worried about shit like this

This is brilliant cult propaganda, actually. Say something shitty that only very few people like. Then tell the few people who like your stupid shit that said stupid shit is actually very popular and the only reason it doesn’t appear that way is because evil, shadowy authorities are rigging the system to make such obviously popular views seem unpopular. It simultaneously rewards their approval of your stupid shit, and creates an us-versus-them resentment you can use to manipulate them later.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This is brilliant cult propaganda, actually. Say something shitty that only very few people like. Then tell the few people who like your stupid shit that said stupid shit is actually very popular and the only reason it doesn’t appear that way is because evil, shadowy authorities are rigging the system to make such obviously popular views seem unpopular. It simultaneously rewards their approval of your stupid shit, and creates an us-versus-them resentment you can use to manipulate them later.

Yep. I was rereading Molly McKew's article from Wired  https://www.wired.com/story/information-terrorists-trying-to-reshape-america/

It's several years old, but it's useful as a reread because with hindsight, and the current GOP trajectory, it's clear how much information warfare has been honed and disseminated throughout the country. That's McKew's specialty, and although the article is long, it's useful background reading.

• Hook 'Em 1